Sloppy Poems & Other Senseless Banter Barely Worthy of a...

Comments

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,889
    holy crap... so a quick search and amazon does sell Captain Morgan. Thankfully the price isnt any better. Fuckin amazon. crazy.
    The closest thing on Amazon.ca is Captain Morgan Original Spiced Rum edible cake icing.... Yuck.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    holy crap... so a quick search and amazon does sell Captain Morgan. Thankfully the price isnt any better. Fuckin amazon. crazy.
    The closest thing on Amazon.ca is Captain Morgan Original Spiced Rum edible cake icing.... Yuck.

:fp: That sounds like an abomination.
    My search only turned up the medium sized bottle at 15.99. And it was linked to an outside vendor. Until they get the large, I think 1.75 for under 19.99, I'll take a walk to the liquor store and snicker at all the silly vodka flavors. :mrgreen:
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Holy Shit and the prices are reasonable too.

Are you in the city? This might work for you... Stuff is expensive up there, no?
    I was in NYC awhile back, and a 1.75 of capt. Morgan was like 34.99! about $15 more than what I'm used to!
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)

Are you in the city? This might work for you... Stuff is expensive up there, no?
    I was in NYC awhile back, and a 1.75 of capt. Morgan was like 34.99! about $15 more than what I'm used to!
    You spoiled mofos. 750ml is $24 or so here AT LEAST. :cry:
    Me in a liquor store south of the border is like a kid in a candy store on allowance day. :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata

Ya, that would be like 38 bucks in my closest liquor store, Schumers.
    Maybe it's better it's not cheaper :wtf: :crazy:
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    I got the book!

Can't really review it because my mind doesn't understand poetry :|

Still, it's cool to see a fellow faithfull get a body of work published!

Some day I want to write a book ... My mind is a never ending cartoon ... 8-)
    Jason P wrote:
    I got the book!

Can't really review it because my mind doesn't understand poetry :|

Still, it's cool to see a fellow faithfull get a body of work published!

Some day I want to write a book ... My mind is a never ending cartoon ... 8-)

fantastic! Thanks Jason! I really appreciate the support. :D
    Oh, and your mind doesnt need to understand poetry for this one, trust me. I should've called it "70 filthy stories or jokes disguised in some odd form of poetry that would make any real poet vomit."

But my goal was to make folks laugh, I think.

You should write a book. You have a good eye for things and a way with words from what I've seen on here. And you have a sense of humor that is... hmm, I dont know what word to use, maybe undercover. A lot of times you say something, and I laugh a minute later. It's veiled by mysticism and something else that im not sure how to describe...
    I liked the short story in the back, in the beginning i was wondering "Where the hell is this going"? but you brang it all together nicely.
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    PJ_Soul wrote:

:fp: That sounds like an abomination.
    My search only turned up the medium sized bottle at 15.99. And it was linked to an outside vendor. Until they get the large, I think 1.75 for under 19.99, I'll take a walk to the liquor store and snicker at all the silly vodka flavors. :mrgreen:

http://www.uvvodka.com/products/cake

vomit.gif
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    PJ_Soul wrote:

You spoiled mofos. 750ml is $24 or so here AT LEAST. :cry:
    Me in a liquor store south of the border is like a kid in a candy store on allowance day. :lol:

Oh, Canada :lol:
    I liked the short story in the back, in the beginning i was wondering "Where the hell is this going"? but you brang it all together nicely.

Thanks BJ.
    Speaking of writing, or trying to write... that short story in the back of the book about Keaton started as a writing exercise.

Me and one of my friends, who is also an aspiring writer, are friends with Josh Mohr, who is an excellent writer (I read his book Damascus, it was very well written). One day a few months ago, me and my friend were doing a writing day together, and we asked Josh Mohr for a prompt, which is an exercise where he suggests a setting/mild scenario, and you are supposed to write for 10 minutes straight (timed). I didnt think I could do it, but it was a real test to think quickly and draw from another aspect of creativity. At first, I hated the idea, but in the end, I really enjoyed it. I think a decent story came out of it. Odd that it started in a liquor store - that was Josh Mohr's suggestion... he put me right at home, haha..

puke is right. I made fun of cake vodka in the final short story of this book. I find all those odd flavors so strange.

puke is right. I made fun of cake vodka in the final short story of this book. I find all those odd flavors so strange.

Ya :lol: I'm not trying it

You should write a book. You have a good eye for things and a way with words from what I've seen on here. And you have a sense of humor that is... hmm, I dont know what word to use, maybe undercover. A lot of times you say something, and I laugh a minute later. It's veiled by mysticism and something else that im not sure how to describe...
    I need to figure out the theme and time place ...

As for my humor, my good friend calls my jokes and insights "hand grenades" ...

Perhaps that should be the title of my first book.

How did you get your book published?
    Jason P wrote:
    I need to figure out the theme and time place ...

As for my humor, my good friend calls my jokes and insights "hand grenades" ...

Perhaps that should be the title of my first book.

How did you get your book published?

:lol: hand grenades! That's perfect. That's what I was trying to say.
    This book, Sloppy Poems, is self published through Amazon (and createspace, which is an amazon affiliate)
    I have also written a full fictional novel, for which I've been seeking an agent, who in turn seeks publication. That process is tiresome and very difficult. Most authors, even very successful ones deal with a lot of rejection. As if all the years of women rejecting me wasnt enough... So, basically, I wanted to explore self publishing in case I couldnt get an agent to go the traditional route.

There are tons of self publishing success stories though... and i've recently read the first volume of WOOL, by Hugh Howey. He became a NY Times best selling author via self publication on amazon alone. Arent you into Sci-fi a bit? Wool is sci-fi, and decent so far. I hear it gets a lot better as you go.

Long story short, if you go to amazon.com and go to the bottom of the page and click, "Independently publish with us," you can learn a lot. Pm me if you have more questions some time..
    edited April 2013
    OK, I've read your book. I was thinking of writing a long review, but this sums it up ...

tumblr_luu7frRrid1r2il6eo1_400.jpg

:)

:mrgreen:
    Jason P wrote:
    OK, I've read your book. I was thinking if writing a long review, but this sums it up ...

tumblr_luu7frRrid1r2il6eo1_400.jpg

:)

:mrgreen:
    :lol::lol::lol:
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    saw this topic the other days ago. been thinking of getting the poems. nicely done
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    I have also written a full fictional novel, for which I've been seeking an agent, who in turn seeks publication. That process is tiresome and very difficult. Most authors, even very successful ones deal with a lot of rejection. As if all the years of women rejecting me wasnt enough... So, basically, I wanted to explore self publishing in case I couldnt get an agent to go the traditional route.
    Have you tried this guy for representation?

murray.jpg
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    So, basically, I wanted to explore self publishing in case I couldnt get an agent to go the traditional route.

Don't give up! You are totally good at things you do by yourself.
    Don't give up! You are totally good at things you do by yourself.
    :|

You mean like checkers, cartwheels, and masturbating? How do you know my success rates in these fields?
    :lol:
    JasonP, yes you are correct sir. But you did finish it right? My objective was to make you laugh and feel thankful that you weren't in the shoes of the storyteller. If like to hear your review even if its bad. Should've seen my wife's review!

The manager from Flight of the Concords is awesome. He's hired as long as he does roll call at every meeting :lol:

Dman, ignore the neutral face, that was my Andy Kaufman. Have you read the book yet? I'd like your review too.
    chadwick wrote:
    saw this topic the other days ago. been thinking of getting the poems. nicely done
    Chadwick you might appreciate it, but its not well written in a poetry sense.. Lemme know if you get it
    chadwick wrote:
    Chadwick you might appreciate it, but its not well written in a poetry sense.. Lemme know if you get it
    it is yours that's all that matters really. rules suck. i myself dabble in writing. i hate capital letters with the passion. it has come to even using lower case letters when writing city & people's names. fuck capitals & fuck proper punctuation. don't like? so fricking what?

and now this site here has a spell check built in. this feature makes everyone a better speller when they have not earned it by opening a dictionary and working for it.

i guess it's this site that has it? or is it built into my bullshit computer? whichever it is i don't like it much. i have a lot of extra work to do deleting all the capital letters in my posts

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    today i had a surprise in my mailbox. it was a couple poetry books written by a gentleman who frequents this site. so far i have read three pages & i am enjoying them as they are enjoyable. this will indeed inspire me to let my hair down more & more in my own creative writing

i believe i may give one book to the public library, then again, i may keep them both in case one gets trashed or some shit

thank you, sir.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    Thanks chadwick!
    I hope you like the rest.
    Hi all!

So, I was hoping some of you could do a quick amazon review (good or bad). Click on the Sloppy Poems link in my signature and just click "write a customer review."

I had 5 reviews, all good, until my ex-fiance saw the book and decided to give me a 2-star rating because something pissed her off. :fp: :lol:

And these reviews really help apparently...
    ...and also, I've have some info on my new novel that comes out July 16th. It's called Jonny Bails Floatin. There'll be a new thread for that. :mrgreen:
    Hi all!

So, I was hoping some of you could do a quick amazon review (good or bad). Click on the Sloppy Poems link in my signature and just click "write a customer review."

I had 5 reviews, all good, until my ex-fiance saw the book and decided to give me a 2-star rating because something pissed her off. :fp: :lol:

...and also, I've have some info on my new novel that comes out July 16th. It's called Jonny Bails Floatin. There'll be a new thread for that. :mrgreen:
    will it work even though someone may not have purchased your book from there? this happened to me before. sure i have your book but you sent it to me. and yes i love your writing

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    Hi all!

will it work even though someone may not have purchased your book from there? this happened to me before. sure i have your book but you sent it to me. and yes i love your writing

Yes, I do believe you can still write a review. You may have to poke around the reviews section though. Im not sure where the button is. Thanks Chadwick!