Options

A question for owners of The Fixer in Orange

Dr Emmett BrownDr Emmett Brown Posts: 600
edited March 2013 in Lost Dogs
So, finally I have an orange fixer to accompany my blue, white and black ones, which arrived today.

However, it has something I've never seen on any other copy (admittedly I've not seen that many):

http://img805.imageshack.us/img805/1983 ... 162419.jpg

As you can see on that photo, there's a red mark on the lower left had side - it's not on the surface of the vinyl, but is inside it. Has this occurred in other copies, or is there a chance I've bought a dud?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Don't have that one, but it probably just marbled. Not defective, just produced that way.
  • Options
    True - my white Backspacer is pretty marbled - but was just wondering, given all the other examples I've seen have been completely orange
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,737
    True - my white Backspacer is pretty marbled - but was just wondering, given all the other examples I've seen have been completely orange

sure thats just a production flaw, but will check mine later
  • Options
    First orange marbled Fixer I have seen. Is it a more clear orange vinyl? All in all I guess it's a production mistake.
    One hand will wash the other!
  • Options
    Yes, it's clear vinyl - just put it on the white dust jacket to highlight the mark. Played it and it sounds exactly the same as the white and blue ones, so suspect it is just a production thing - thanks all for putting my mind at rest
  • Options
    Yeah I'd say its a production flaw as well. Maybe they used red and yellow vinyl biscuits to make the orange and it just didn't mix completely? If you don't mind me asking, how much did it set you back? Nice score regardless. 8-)
  • Options
    I got mine from the 10 Club poster show last year and mine is clear. I would say you have the Ultra Rare Marbled Orange Fixer 7in. :lol: I think its cooler than mine!
    There's alot to be said for Nowhere