Options

I Can Now Die...

2»

Comments

• Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,720
    Congrats to the OP, thats really cool.

Also cool that it seems you gave him the space he should be entitled to too. Say hi, briefly engage and let him enjoy his night. Good man.

The times I have had the experience of meeting Ed I have always walked away totally amazed at how humble, laid back and thoroughly down to earth he is. Never once have i got the impression that it was hassle to him, and he was gritting his teeth ( even when his family were out on the trip with him and probably waiting for him back at the hotel) - even if it was a pain in the ass - he was very warming to those around and engaged everyone thoroughly.
  • Options
    Nevermind90Nevermind90 Posts: 722
    it was like just 2 guys running into each other at a show yet one of them is in the biggest band in the WORLD...

so he brushed past me and stood on my right. I noticed he had the PJ green lumber jacket on and I think "I have that jacket" then split second later I look and notice it's Eddie Vedder...played it cool...I tap him on the arm "hey Eddie!" nothing since Deathfix was finishing their set. Then I ask "did you just get here?"...he just missed Deathfix's set (seemed out of breath like he was sprinting to the venue, I've done that :) and caught the end of the last song which sucks becuz they only played for 1/2 hour...there was a couple there that got a photo w/ him later on...then everyone enjoyed Ted Leo while Eddie & Brendan Canty stood in audience cheering, having a good time...best Friday night in a while 8)

wow, thanks for sharing! amazing...
    ~ Enjoy The Struggle
  • Options
    slingbladewyattslingbladewyatt Tulsa Posts: 73
    My wife and I met him when he was here in Tulsa for his solo shows. I had on a Ramones shirt and he said "There's Johnny" and sort of tugged on my shirt where Johnny's picture was. Still have not washed it.