Please Tell Me Something Why Do Women.....

g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
edited May 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
.....get caught up with these televised murder trials. My other half literally races home to watch and keep up with this nonsense. First it was Casey Anthony a bet she lost....I told her she would get off. Now this Jody Arias...everyday I have to hear a regurgitation of what kind sex she did, anal, upside down, and spanking, man I'd rather pay a bill than hear this crap. :evil:

Here in Florida she can't wait for the next one...the George Zimmerman case when will this end. Tortured here, rant over.

Oh let me add some men might be into this stuff too. :shock:

Peace
*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
.....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    This is why I invested in an iPad and a set of headphones
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    LloydXmas wrote:

two tv's and a computer room has been my cure to golden girls, the presidents and real housewives of atlanta :fp:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Echo what others are stating -- I have a 'Den' level in the house with a bar, TV, surround sound, etc so that I can watch what I want to watch if she gets stuck on something that I cannot tolerate.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,814
    I have a friend that is closely related to Casey. He says she's always been self centered and a liar. He stopped talking to her long before she had a baby. I guess it's hormones? Or our lack of the Y chromosome.

My Mother reads true crime books and watches trials when she actually knows the person. This wealthy guy from Houston is going to prison for killing and mutilating kids, and he murdered his wife. My Mother's boyfriends son was a friend of his. It's shocking? When you think you know someone, and you don't at all.
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    i just say "Yes Dear" and tune her out.
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    LloydXmas wrote:
    Exactly... Big Beats Cans... wipes out all sounds... and I just close my eyes and off I go...
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    LloydXmas wrote:
    Exactly... Big Beats Cans... wipes out all sounds... and I just close my eyes and off I go...

wait, something about cans?
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    the media sensationalizes so many cases. It's kind of like a 'real life soap opera'. That's my guess.

I don't get all caught up in those cases-if there is something I want to watch, I have to DVR it and watch it when he's not home. :|
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    LloydXmas wrote:

This response belongs in the self gratifaction thread
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    LloydXmas wrote:

We have a self gratification thread?
    GoiMTvP.gif

We have a self gratification thread?

i'm not starting that thread. :fp:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I don't know, I don't...
    I think they are boring. Just watch the news and get the synopsis. Maybe they long to be lawyers
    or something. My sister was a court stenographer she loved loved loved it.
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    LloydXmas wrote:

:lol::lol::lol: now that's too funny I have EXACTLY the same thing with Bose headphones and I have lately blocked both hearing her tell me about it and from the boob tube. Sometimes it seems rude but she knows I can't take hearing it.

That crap is on right now. :cry: :fp: :roll:

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

RKCNDY wrote:
    if there is something I want to watch, I have to DVR it and watch it when he's not home. :|

:fp: i think you two need a week apart....in july
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    if there is something I want to watch, I have to DVR it and watch it when he's not home. :|

:fp: i think you two need a week apart....in july

Hey, me too, but I'm going to Wrigley.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,521
    81 wrote:
    LloydXmas wrote:

two tv's and a computer room has been my cure to golden girls, the presidents and real housewives of atlanta :fp:

haha....my wife loooooooooves golden girls.

she also leaves the tv tuned to abc when she goes to work. so good morning america is on when i come downstairs. they seem to talk about this arias trial every single morning. :roll:

incidentally, the cbs morning show is pretty damn good. i like charlie rose. it's very news centered. real news. sort of reminds me of the cbs sunday morning show.
    www.myspace.com
  • amethgr8amethgr8 Posts: 766
    I can't watch that stuff, horiffic human, maybe once to see the story but not days of it. too hard to get it out of my mind.

I watch Young and the Restless cause 4 people in my family do and they talk so we talk about it. I did a paper on the soap opera phenonemna, got a B+.

we watched the shield, now justified, not alot of TV shows or news, hard to know what's real and BS.

amy
    Amy The Great #74594
    New Orleans LA 7/4/95 reschedule 9/17/95
    Chicago IL 1998, 10/9/00, 06/18/03, 05/16/06, 05/17/06
    08/23/09, 08/24/09, Lolla 08/05/07
    Champaign IL 4/23/03
    Grand Rapids MI VFC 10/03/04
    Grand Rapids MI 19May06
    Noblesville IN 05/07/10 Cleveland OH 05/09/10
    PJ 20 2011
    Baltimore MD, Charlottesville VA, Seattle WA 2013
    St. Louis MO, Milwaukee WI 2014
    Tampa FL, Chicago IL, Lexington KY 2016
    Missoula MT 2018

incidentally, the cbs morning show is pretty damn good. i like charlie rose. it's very news centered. real news. sort of reminds me of the cbs sunday morning show.

I did catch a Glen Hansard interview on CBS Sunday Morning (just this past Sunday). Very well done, nothing like the other morning shows that just blab about nothing, I hate their interviews. Charlie seems to be able to bring out the 'human' side in people.

http://www.tv.com/shows/sunday-morning/ ... y-2680615/

I'll see if I can find the whole interview (look for the EV bullseye sticker on his guitar case!)
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    oops sorry, it was Anthony Mason who did the interview

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=50142995n

(I only caught the last half of it)

- Christopher McCandless
  • hgpjam11hgpjam11 Posts: 1,328
    I can't watch any of that stuff. However tragic and interesting it might be, I don't need to have that kind of detail in my brain. There's enough bad in the world without seeking it out, and I can't influence or improve it Anyway.

BUT can you tell me why men are that way about sports? The husband: the game is on, can't believe they got beAt, they should be ranked higher, etc. :corn:
    I win.
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    hgpjam11 wrote:
    I can't watch any of that stuff. However tragic and interesting it might be, I don't need to have that kind of detail in my brain. There's enough bad in the world without seeking it out, and I can't influence or improve it Anyway.

BUT can you tell me why men are that way about sports? The husband: the game is on, can't believe they got beAt, they should be ranked higher, etc. :corn:

As you already know men and women are wired differently, however what is so interesting about a case you know she already killed her boyfriend then one has to listen to her lies. Now men and sports we usually don't know the outcome of the event before hand, we maybe able to predict a LIKELY OUTCOME but none of it is a certainty. Besides its fun when your hometown team finds success that said GO BEANTOWN.

Oh she watches sports with me all the time....just that she roots for the Florida teams and me Boston. Yes we go at it at times when the Patriots trounce the Dolphins or the Heat now dominate the Celtics.

Peace

• JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    Maybe they're all looking for ways to get away with their plots... and to see where others went wrong. :think: :eh:
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    Maybe they're all looking for ways to get away with their plots... and to see where others went wrong. :think: :eh:

:? :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    g under p wrote:
    everyday I have to hear a regurgitation of what kind sex she did, anal, upside down, and spanking,

maybe if she physically demonstrated it would be better!? :P

There is much truth to this...

use a 3D printer to make a weapon and then recycle it back into dust

wow...you've thought about this...

Also a dagger made of ice would work and melt afterwards. :ugeek:

The cops might find the dagger shaped ice cube tray.

The cops might find the dagger shaped ice cube tray.[/quote]

:think: :think: I'll get back to you.