Ever run into high school friends ..

2»

Comments

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Yeah i'm like most of you's here i've never kept in touch with most of the people from high school except my two best friends we talk occasionally , but seeing this individual really shook me a bit i knew and partied with this guy hand't see him in over 20yrs and to see him in basically hi's death bed was sovering to say the least ...

I get what your saying jose, I've seen people I went to HS with on the news mainly...usually it's not very good news either (it's only a bit shocking since I went to a HS that was in a nicer neighborhood).
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    back in 2006 I ran into a girl from HS who didnt know I existed back then. I told her we should rob a bank together. She thought that was funny and we dated for awhile.. 8 months, then she went back to not knowing I existed again. Some women in Boca Raton seem to have that disease... and that duck face bullshit too. :lol:
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,835
    Yeah i'm like most of you's here i've never kept in touch with most of the people from high school except my two best friends we talk occasionally , but seeing this individual really shook me a bit i knew and partied with this guy hand't see him in over 20yrs and to see him in basically hi's death bed was sovering to say the least ...

Courtesy (if you can call it that) of Sir Roger Waters:

So you run and you run to catch up with the sun but it's sinking
    Racing around to come up behind you again.
    The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older,
    Shorter of breath and one day closer to death.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    I still talk to quite a few people from high school...some even from grammar school! I have no problems with anyone from high school, so its fun to run into them now and again. I gotta say I miss those days!
    I have no problems with anyone from high school either - I had a fantastic time in high school (that sucks for anyone who didn't :( )! I just really don't like small talk! So unless I've chosen to stay friends with them (there are a few I am still friends with), that's probably what I'm going to get, so would way rather avoid it!
    Yeah I hear ya. Small talk can get awkward!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,889
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    I still talk to quite a few people from high school...some even from grammar school! I have no problems with anyone from high school, so its fun to run into them now and again. I gotta say I miss those days!
    I have no problems with anyone from high school either - I had a fantastic time in high school (that sucks for anyone who didn't :( )! I just really don't like small talk! So unless I've chosen to stay friends with them (there are a few I am still friends with), that's probably what I'm going to get, so would way rather avoid it!
    Yeah I hear ya. Small talk can get awkward!
    Sometimes awkward, usually intensely boring, always meaningless. :P

Hm. I think I might be cranky today. :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata