Ever run into high school friends ..

josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,197
edited March 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
I work in a mjor Hospital here on Long Island and everyday i walk in to work i think to my self will i see anybody i know today , well it happens that a friend from my high school days works here also i ran into him last week ..

He goes onto tell me about hi's own brother had a stroke now hi's brother is my age 52 and let me tell ya when i wen't to see him he looked like he was 80 i was dumbfounded at what he looked like and i know he was a bad addict on all sorts of drugs , i felt horrible for this guy ....Not the way i would like to see old friends from my high school days ....
jesus greets me looks just like me ....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Sometimes. Makes me think about how together my life actually is even though it seems chaotic at times.

I probably have 10 friends from then that I keep in touch with on a regular basis.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Hasn't happened since college. Thank goodness
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    one guy from school was the cable guy. known him since 1st grade
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,889
    I hate running into people from high school who I didn't stay friends with. I just have no interest in droning on about what both of us have been up to.... I really don't care what they're up to, and I know they feel the same about me. If we did, then we'd still be friends. Luckily, it happens very rarely. It never even occurred to me to attend my high school reunion.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • jbarbianjbarbian Posts: 991
    All day every day. Over 100,000 people in this city and yet it has a very small town feel to it. Nobody leaves (including me). It can be cool sometimes, awkward other times. We've been batteling a herion epidemic for at least 10 years and it's been hard watching old friends get sucked into that lifestyle and attending funerals. Even harder yet to attend the funerals of their children due to drugs.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    No, and I doubt that I would be all "oh hey! So great to see you!" Most likely I would give them the :| :roll:

Why do people who went out of their way to make my life a living hell back then want to say hi to me? Kinda makes me want to set up a FB account to see which ones try to friend me...just because I want tell them to f-off.

PJ_soul just reminded me that a reunion is this year (if I do the math right). :twisted:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    I still talk to quite a few people from high school...some even from grammar school! I have no problems with anyone from high school, so its fun to run into them now and again. I gotta say I miss those days!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,868
    Not since highschool.

Living in a different state hasn't helped.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    Yeah... a handful of them go to college here
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    It never even occurred to me to attend my high school reunion.

Oh yes

I will not be attending one of those ever
  • MaxGoldenrodMaxGoldenrod Posts: 1,341
    I haven't seen someone from my high school class since our 10 year reunion. I didn't bother with the 15 year, still haven't decided on the 20 year.
    "Then the Spirit of God hovered over the water, and God said, Let there be music, and there was Pearl Jam."

Whose idea was it for the word "Lisp" to have an "S" in it?
  • LoulouLoulou Posts: 6,247
    RKCNDY wrote:
    Kinda makes me want to set up a FB account to see which ones try to friend me...just because I want tell them to f-off. :twisted:
    :lol::lol: oh my god I would love to do that too!
    I went to two High Schools, one was alright but one was REALLY shit! :roll: Full of bitchy girls who listened to dance music and thought they were wonderful and I was the one in Docs and long black hair. Safe to assume I didn't fit in. :lol: don't care to see any of those people. There's a reason why we stop contact with people just like there's a reason why real friends last the distance. ;)
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    just yesterday... :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Loulou wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    Kinda makes me want to set up a FB account to see which ones try to friend me...just because I want tell them to f-off. :twisted:
    I went to two High Schools, one was alright but one was REALLY shit! :roll: Full of bitchy girls who listened to dance music and thought they were wonderful and I was the one in Docs and long black hair. Safe to assume I didn't fit in. :lol: don't care to see any of those people. There's a reason why we stop contact with people just like there's a reason why real friends last the distance. ;)

Bahhahahahaha! Now I really want to do it, and then post the findings here for everybody's entertainment. I eould claim it's a 'social experiment'.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • supadupasupadupa Posts: 377
    I run into someone I went to school with whenever I visit my hometown. They're the ones who weren't able to escape. :lol:
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    supadupa wrote:
    I run into someone I went to school with whenever I visit my hometown. They're the ones who weren't able to escape. :lol:

i've learned to not go home.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    one of the good parts running into school friends,is almost always i look younger than them :lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,835
    Ever away from high school friends ..

fixed.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    I found an old girl friend of mine on FB, she had 5 kids and looks like she smokes meth.
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    I found an old girl friend of mine on FB, she had 5 kids and looks like she smokes meth.

You ruined her.
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158

You ruined her.

I tried, back then she was a good girl :fp:
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,674
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    one guy from school was the cable guy. known him since 1st grade
    cableguy.jpg
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • usually avoid it like the plague, save for 2 close friends. But as fate would have it my fantasy baseball league split in 2, and the league I stayed with, now run my one of my friends brothers, will have 2 guys I graduate within 1992 as new members
  • supadupasupadupa Posts: 377
    81 wrote:
    supadupa wrote:

i've learned to not go home.

My family is still there, and I love my family.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    I'm too far away from where I grew up to have that happen, but it has a couple of times when I'm home for Christmas or something.

One time I was at a gas station filling up my car. Ran into this guy who was more or less a friend of a friend in high school. He had cool parents so he was always able to have parties at his place. Anyways, he was fat and balding...comes up to me "Hey man, how's it going...blah blah blah". I didn't want to talk to him because I didn't give a shit. He then goes "Hey, so I'm having a party at my place on Saturday, you should stop by". :fp: Nothing changed! Same person 15 years later.
    In fact, most people it seems who stayed home/in the area are pretty much identical to what they were in high school, whereas most who have moved away have changed...mostly for the better.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,889
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    I still talk to quite a few people from high school...some even from grammar school! I have no problems with anyone from high school, so its fun to run into them now and again. I gotta say I miss those days!
    I have no problems with anyone from high school either - I had a fantastic time in high school (that sucks for anyone who didn't :( )! I just really don't like small talk! So unless I've chosen to stay friends with them (there are a few I am still friends with), that's probably what I'm going to get, so would way rather avoid it!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    I have no problems with anyone from high school either - I had a fantastic time in high school (that sucks for anyone who didn't :( )! I just really don't like small talk! So unless I've chosen to stay friends with them (there are a few I am still friends with), that's probably what I'm going to get, so would way rather avoid it!

I agree with this.
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    Not too much and I wish more often, seems like everyone moved away... I do keep in touch with my closest of friends and that's all that matters to me.
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • RKCNDY wrote:
    Loulou wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

Bahhahahahaha! Now I really want to do it, and then post the findings here for everybody's entertainment. I eould claim it's a 'social experiment'.
    Orrrr... Just invite us to join the account !! Lol yeah I took
    Two years of High School, discovered the older kids were
    Five BILLION times more cruel than grade. Or middleschool..
    I said fuck this shit, did my GED, graduated 21/2 years early and
    Started college!! So glad I'm in a whole different part of the
    Country from where I went to any school!
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,197
    Yeah i'm like most of you's here i've never kept in touch with most of the people from high school except my two best friends we talk occasionally , but seeing this individual really shook me a bit i knew and partied with this guy hand't see him in over 20yrs and to see him in basically hi's death bed was sovering to say the least ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....