Options

I just did my taxes and I'm feeling.......

front spacerfront spacer Earth Posts: 3,246
edited April 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
Not bad. Looks like I'm getting a decent refund. ;)

My pocket is already starting to get a hole burned in it. :)
Indy - 08.17.98
Indy - 08.18.00
Indy - 06.22.03
Indy - 05.07.10
EV StL - 07.01.11
Alpine Valley - 09.03.11, 09.04.11 (PJ20)
ATL - 09.22.12 (Music Midtown Festival)
EV Jax - 11.24.12
Chicago - 07.19.13
Pittsburgh - 10.11.13
Moline - 10.17.14 (The No Code Show)
Milwaukee - 10.20.14 (The Yield Show)
FtL - 04.08.16
Miami - 04.09.16
Tampa - 04.11.16
Lexington - 04.26.16
Chicago - 08.20.16, 08.22.16
Chicago - 08.18.18, 08.20.18
Boston - 09.02.18, 09.04.18
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    madtowndavemadtowndave Minneapolis, MN Posts: 4,012
    Me too. My wife swapped jobs last year and paid in way too much to Social Security. It adds to a nice return. I see a trip to Mexico in May.
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    i should really do mine....refund should be close to last years...... :fp:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Getting ours done tomorrow. Hoping I don't have to pay.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,168
    gonna be a nightmare this one
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    Waiting on my refund...I must say, I think it's ridiculous that TurboTax charges you $29.95 to subtract your payment of $19.95 to e-file out of your refund, but there is no charge if you give them a CC# and pay right away.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    RKCNDY wrote:
    Waiting on my refund...I must say, I think it's ridiculous that TurboTax charges you $29.95 to subtract your payment of $19.95 to e-file out of your refund, but there is no charge if you give them a CC# and pay right away.

:fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp:

never pay for taxes....unless you are paying me
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

I paid only to e-file, some deal thru the 401k acct. They don't send me the book anymore.

If I decide to play the stock market game, I'll let you know.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:
    81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

I paid only to e-file, some deal thru the 401k acct. They don't send me the book anymore.

If I decide to play the stock market game, I'll let you know.

:fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp:

love me some stock market. limited has been sputtering lately...can you go buy something. thanks in advance.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Go buy some Costco stock.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:
    Go buy some Costco stock.

:think:

i'll put them on my need to check out list.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,648
    look at all you suckers - loaning the government money to spend irresponsibly! fools!

i always balance my year long deductions so that i wind up paying in 2 or 300 come tax time - the government doesn't give me any interest on my money, so I say fuck it, I'm not giving them a loan. I can use the money irresponsibly on my own!
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    Gonna owe a shitton this year :(
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    shep wrote:
    look at all you suckers - loaning the government money to spend irresponsibly! fools!

i always balance my year long deductions so that i wind up paying in 2 or 300 come tax time - the government doesn't give me any interest on my money, so I say fuck it, I'm not giving them a loan. I can use the money irresponsibly on my own!

:nono:

I don't fill out the W-2 for him, I have told him over and over, "we could use that money DURING the year! They 'borrow' our money and don't pay interest..."

When I fill out my W-2, I take all the deductions I can, I would rather pay them in the end.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    madtowndavemadtowndave Minneapolis, MN Posts: 4,012
    shep wrote:

I know this is the smart thing to do, and I still like getting a substantial check in the spring.
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,648
    RKCNDY wrote:

They 'borrow' our money and don't pay interest..."

Yea, that's my biggest issue with it.

I'd rather take a couple of hundred dollar loan from the government and use it wisely (or unwisely) during the year, then loan the government money that I don't make any interest or profit on...

I mean, even Chase is giving out 0.25% interest rates... :lol:
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:
    shep wrote:

:nono:

I don't fill out the W-2 for him, I have told him over and over, "we could use that money DURING the year! They 'borrow' our money and don't pay interest..."

When I fill out my W-2, I take all the deductions I can, I would rather pay them in the end.

W4 just sayin
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Refund? What's that?
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    lost the child tax credit for my oldest son when he turned 17 last year, so I guess I am going to lose another for son #2 this year.
  • Options
    DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    lost the child tax credit for my oldest son when he turned 17 last year, so I guess I am going to lose another for son #2 this year.
    '

I have 3 kids, and for the 1st time I was able to claim one of them. Saved me from owing thousands.
  • Options
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    '

I have 3 kids, and for the 1st time I was able to claim one of them. Saved me from owing thousands.

• Options
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    '

good luck.
  • Options
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

good luck.

thanks. I am still claiming the ex as a dependent (this word is not sufficient to describe the reality though)
  • Options
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

thanks. I am still claiming the ex as a dependent (this word is not sufficient to describe the reality though)

She hasn't found someone else's life to ruin yet?
  • Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

i get the feeling i would like this lady :think:
  • Options
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

I'll PM you her number
  • Options
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

I'll PM you her number

Thanks, I was just thinking how I needed more crazy in my life.
  • Options
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

I'll PM you her number

you want her number too? she has plenty of personalities to go around
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    I did mine about a month ago. Broke even with the Feds, and I owe the stupid state of AZ a fat check! :x
    I'm in no rush to write that check. Bastards can wait a little longer! :D
  • Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

you want her number too? she has plenty of personalities to go around[/quote]

:lol::lol::lol: It's o.k., i have experience with :crazy:
  • Options
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

you want her number too? she has plenty of personalities to go around

:lol::lol::lol: It's o.k., i have experience with :crazy:[/quote]

Yeah, you've been here long enough.