Options

Petition to end ONE show without Yellow ledbetter!!!!!!!

2»

Comments

• Options
    FrankieJFrankieJ Posts: 602
    I sign to start a show with YL.
    GO GIANTS
    GO DEVILS
    7/14/03-PNC NJ ~ 6/1/06-CAA1 NJ ~ 6/3/06-CAA2 NJ ~ 8/5/07-Lolla IL ~ 6/24/08-MSG1 ~ 6/25/08-MSG2 ~ 8/7/08-NJPAC (eV Solo)

"I'm feeling kinda righteous right now...with my Bad@$$-M0therf*ck!n'-Ukulele!"
    -eV 8/7
  • Options
    RiotAct10 wrote:
    I dont understand why people dont like the show ending with YL. A lot of times, it comes in addition to RITFW, Baba, Fuckin Up, or something like one of those songs. I have been to 7 PJ shows, and every "true" PJ show (not counting Toledo 04 and Lolla 07) has ended with YL. To me it is the perfect goodbye. You know its the last song and its like a final reminder to just look around, or shut your eyes, and just take it all in. Or stand on your seat and snap a few pictures. I would not complain at all if every PJ show I go to the rest of my life ends with YL.

absolutely agree with you YL it's the perfect goodbye.
    "You're the eve of my destruction in the garden of fears"
  • Options
    Cosmo wrote:
    I'm one of those people who just accepts what they have to offer. I figure, if I limit the number of my wants... I reduce the number of possible disappointments. Besides, it's not everyday I get to see Pearl Jam play live. I'm not going to place expections on those nights.
    I never leave a show with a feeling of something missed.

Hey I agree with you, but when you know the "process" that they use for picking songs, it still baffles me to this day that they ended both Raleigh and Charlotte with RITFW. It would've been the same if they ended with Ledbetter or any other song both nights. They feel the need to alternate openers, so why not the closers? They know their crowd, and to ignore the fact that the majority of the crowd is there on both nights amuses me a little. It doesn't piss me off or anything, it just goes against the precedent that they have set for themselves.
  • Options
    Gonzo1977Gonzo1977 Posts: 1,696
    I like YL
    long live YL
  • Options
    Cosmo wrote:
    I'm one of those people who just accepts what they have to offer. I figure, if I limit the number of my wants... I reduce the number of possible disappointments. Besides, it's not everyday I get to see Pearl Jam play live. I'm not going to place expections on those nights.

You know what I want for the SC show? To hear Evenflow, Alive, and for them to close with YL. Atleast I know I'm going to get what I want.
  • Options
    EBowieEBowie Posts: 529
    How about a petition to have anyone who bitches about stupid shit like this to leave the message board forever?
  • Options
    IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,649
    EBowie wrote:
    How about a petition to have anyone who bitches about stupid shit like this to leave the message board forever?

Second.

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    corduroidcorduroid Posts: 293
    If they opened w/ YL a good % of the people that listen to this band would probably get up and leave because of the confusion.

funny stuff :)
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,759
    YLB sort of sucks the life out of the crowd

you're kidding, right? Most people go nuts for Ledbetter ... next time the lights are up, look around ... the only people leaving are the jaded bastards who have been to way too many shows.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    Cosmo wrote:

This might be one of the most awesome-est things posted on here in a while. These are my sentiments exactly.
  • Options
    EvilRabbitEvilRabbit Posts: 286
    I'm down to let the band play whatever they desire... however...

If my wife hears RITFW, she goes berserk and not in a good way. She loves PJ as much as me, but they burned her on it. It doesn't help that our iPod is filled with live shows and they play it so darn much. She even freaks out if I play one bar on my guitar... but then sometimes it's nice to know how I can instantly drive her mad. ;)
    Are you a screenwriter?
    www.screenplaymechanic.com
  • Options
    both shows iv been to i didnt get YL, My signature goes to playin YL next time their in europe, Its the one song i need!!!!!
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,753
    you're kidding, right? Most people go nuts for Ledbetter ... next time the lights are up, look around ... the only people leaving are the jaded bastards who have been to way too many shows.

maybe "sucks the life out" isn't the right phrasing. but what I mean, and what I said in my post (the unquoted part) is that YLB is sort of a calming presence for the crowd (and the band too) after something wild like RITFW or Baba before we leave
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    maybe "sucks the life out" isn't the right phrasing. but what I mean, and what I said in my post (the unquoted part) is that YLB is sort of a calming presence for the crowd (and the band too) after something wild like RITFW or Baba.

calming presence is good ... is exactly the right vibe for saying g'night
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,753
    calming presence is good ... is exactly the right vibe for saying g'night

I agree for the most part. a lot of bands like to finish with a bang but to each their own. one show I was at though, NJ 1 in 2006, I felt should have ended after Baba because Baba really ridiculously brought down the house (and I was in the nosebleeds for it) but they closed with Indifference. I wanted to try to argue that it was anti-climatic after Baba....but what hell could I possibly say? it's an extra song and it's an awesome song. same with yellow ledbetter
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438

I love the song - what's funny is you can sing along though half the time you don't really know what your singing. I may have to leave early at MSG II though, because I MUST get to the Port Authority to catch a night bus in time, no matter what's happening. I've never left early ever, so if anyone sees me leaving, that's why! I'll be sad, but I have no choice.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    RiotAct10 wrote:
    You know its the last song and its like a final reminder to just look around, or shut your eyes, and just take it all in. Or stand on your seat and snap a few pictures. I would not complain at all if every PJ show I go to the rest of my life ends with YL.

I couldn't have said it better myself.
    9/26/96 Randall's Island, 8/29/98 Camden NJ, 8/25/00 Jones Beach, 9/2/00 Camden NJ, 4/28/03 Spectrum, 7/8/03 MSG, 10/1/05 Atlantic City, 6/1/06 Meadowlands, 6/3/06 Meadowlands, 6/24/08 MSG, 6/25/08 MSG, 10/30/09 Spectrum, 10/18/10 Newark, 10/21/10 MSG

'Pussies No More!' - ev 6/1/06
  • Options
    jezebeloriajezebeloria Posts: 600
    :rolleyes: If you don't like it don't go to anymore shows! :mad: I am sure another more appreciative fan club member would love to have your seat!
    PJ FANS ROCK!!!

Finally got that "One for the Thumb"!!! Got the "Six Pack". Now we're on a "Stairway to Seven"

Some words when spoken...can't be taken back.

"Seeing a brick wall straight ahead and stepping on the gas." Eddie...Pittsburgh 6/23/06
  • Options
    Dear pearl Jam,
    If all 6 of my shows end with Yellow Ledbetter I will be very happy and content.
    Thank you for playing,
    Andrew the legend
  • Options
    hiding103006hiding103006 Posts: 452
    Dear pearl Jam,
    If all 6 of my shows end with Yellow Ledbetter I will be very happy and content.
    Thank you for playing,
    Andrew the legend
    exactly what he said. just replace "andrew" with "my pecker"
    Camden 7-5-2003, Camden 7-6-2003, Hershey 7-12-2003, Camden 5-27-2006, Camden 5-28-2006, Lollapalooza 8-5-2007, Camden 6-19-2008, Camden 6-20-2008, New York 6-24-2008, New York 6-25-2008, Mansfield 6-28-2008, Mansfield 6-30-2008
  • Options
    corduroidcorduroid Posts: 293
    well, there ya go ;)
  • Options
    I've yet to hear YL, but I've heard Hard to Imagine, twice.
  • Options
    NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,477
    MrSmith wrote:
    I've yet to hear YL, but I've heard Hard to Imagine, twice.
    i dont know what your implying but hard to imagine is not rare. now if you said no way push me pull me, that would be impressive.
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken