Options

Bagels

13»

Comments

• Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,254
    Got a Jewish deli a couple blocks away. They make some killer bagels!
    My alltime favorite:
    Everything bagel topped with:
    Cream cheese
    Lox
    Capers
    Red onion
    Tomato

Mmmmmm!
  • Options
    mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    panera.jpg

Makes great bagels - true bagels ( and muffins/ pastries too ) :)
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    mca47 wrote:
    Got a Jewish deli a couple blocks away. They make some killer bagels!
    My alltime favorite:
    Everything bagel topped with:
    Cream cheese
    Lox
    Capers
    Red onion
    Tomato

Mmmmmm!
    There ya go... Heaven.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,298
    So Rabi where do you get your Bagels since you're not here in Bagel Capital of the world ....Since we all know NY bagels are at the top of the chain :P
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    there's a pizza place in venice (beach, not italy) that uses bagel dough for their pizzas...damn good pizza
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    mikalina wrote:
    panera.jpg

they are ok....if you want basterdized circular things. :P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    So Rabi where do you get your Bagels since you're not here in Bagel Capital of the world ....Since we all know NY bagels are at the top of the chain :P
    Oh not even close...
    And we all know why.. So there is a place about 2 miles from my place that imports the water :lol:
    My people like their bagels and there are more of my people around me here than at home :fp: :lol:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    81 wrote:
    mikalina wrote:
    panera.jpg

they are ok....if you want basterdized circular things. :P

:lol: plus alot of fat and calories....
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • Options
    Oh not even close...
    And we all know why.. So there is a place about 2 miles from my place that imports the water :lol:
    My people like their bagels and there are more of my people around me here than at home :fp: :lol:

yeah i would assume the best places to get authentic bagels are

nyc
    miami

:lol:
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    dankind wrote:

OK. We've pretty much crossed over from circuital muffin to circuital cupcake.

:nono: you leave my cupcakes alone! :evil:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    I always read circumcised :fp: :lol:
  • Options
    I always read circumcised :fp: :lol:

well, bagels are a jewish delicacy
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    RKCNDY wrote:
    dankind wrote:

OK. We've pretty much crossed over from circuital muffin to circuital cupcake.

:nono: you leave my cupcakes alone! :evil:

Jeez, you sound just like my wife....
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,432
    mysticweed wrote:
    Only bagels that qualify as bagels are:

Plain
    Onion
    Sesame
    Poppy
    Garlic

Anything else is a circuital muffin.

Thank You

PJ Rabbi

what about b,c,d, and e
    'everything" bagels are the best
    Apologies, was just coming back to amend...

Everything bagels are the shit.

The Amendrick Schmendrick!

Back in my day, a plain bagel was called a water bagel.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    My grandmother flew here to LA from NY in the 60s with a suitcase full of NY bagels.

Hands down THE best!

(god I miss their pizza too)
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,298
    Oh not even close...

I know i lived in Orlando for about a yr and my room mate would walk in and state hey i've got bagels here and i would say where and he would point to a bx of frozen mini bagels :fp: :fp: the worst crap ever , and yeah i've heard of that place importing water you would never know Hudson river water could produce such great dough :lol::lol: ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    So whole wheat and oat bagels are not considered bagels?

For the record, this thread is making me go down to the 24 hour bagel shop to get a whole wheat everything bagel with olive cream cheese.
    :nono:
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    everything with cream cheese....i feel so authentic today
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,781
    Oh not even close...
    really?

Who knew Fla had so many PJ fans.

What say you about this chain Einstein Bros? They have an awesome Asiago Bagel. I think they are Italian Jews.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    ...Pumpernickel...

mmm ....pumpernickel.....
  • Options
    rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Who knew Fla had so many PJ fans.

coughs
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Hey BD Rabbi, I dnt see my jalapeño "bagel" on that lost! Fuck! Didn't know I was eating a glorified muffin! Us damn Muslims dnt know bagels!!! :lol:
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    As a New Yorker going to school in MD, I desperately miss a good NY bagel.
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    badbrains wrote:
    Hey BD Rabbi, I dnt see my jalapeño "bagel" on that lost! Fuck! Didn't know I was eating a glorified muffin! Us damn Muslims dnt know bagels!!! :lol:

:fp: :lol: