World's best drinkers - by Nation

2»

Comments

• JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    I'm going to do my best to bring the United States up a notch this weekend.

I'll drink to that

I'm in too.
    I've never made frozen margaritas, but I'm gonna give it a try this weekend I think..
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • rearviewrossrearviewross Posts: 3,055
    As a Wisconsinite I have to say I am very disappointed in the other 49 states. :nono:

Step Ya Game Up!!

This is list is fucked though. Canada isnt on there? The only people that can keep up with Wisconsinites are Canadians.
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
  • jbarbianjbarbian Posts: 991
    As a Wisconsinite I have to say I am very disappointed in the other 49 states. :nono:

Doing my part here in Wisconsin! Plan on binge drinking ALL WEEK!!! :lol:

On a side note, papa taught my kids one of their favorite games when they were young- how to sling shot the empties onto the roof using the clothes line :lol:

Nana and papa also used to pay the kids a quarter to fetch everyone beers as we all sat around in the garage drinking the summer away!
  • I'm a TruckI'm a Truck Posts: 3,508
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Wisconsin
    They're pros.

:?
    jbarbian wrote:

On a side note, papa taught my kids one of their favorite games when they were young- how to sling shot the empties onto the roof using the clothes line :lol:

Nana and papa also used to pay the kids a quarter to fetch everyone beers as we all sat around in the garage drinking the summer away!

:lol::lol:

Yes the sole purpose of having kids in Wisconsin is to have them mow the lawn, shovel the driveway, pickup the dog crap and most importantly fetch beers. :lol:
  • For the record...the article discusses the Irish and then says who else will we bring to the party! I am assuming that we rule the world of drinkers and therefore are automatically excluded from this top ten as it would be like asking who is the worlds number one Chuck Norris...and excluding Chuck Norris.....its just an unfair question and therefore its a top ten excluding the Irish!
    168dcfb.jpg
  • MaxGoldenrodMaxGoldenrod Posts: 1,341
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    I'm going to do my best to bring the United States up a notch this weekend.

I'll drink to that
    Amen. I'm with ya.
    "Then the Spirit of God hovered over the water, and God said, Let there be music, and there was Pearl Jam."

Whose idea was it for the word "Lisp" to have an "S" in it?
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    Go Australia Woooo.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    Go Australia Woooo.

"Unlikely as it seems for a country where culture usually refers to something that grows in the folds of discarded sportswear, "

:lol:
    Beer consumption -

Wisconsin
    > Per capita consumption: 36.2 gallons
    > Total consumption: 149,651,260 gallons (12th highest)
    > Pct. change in consumption '03-'11: -6.9% (24th lowest)
    > Pct. binge drinkers: 24.3% (the highest) :)
    > Population density: 105.5/sq. mile (24th highest)

Wisconsin is home to the Miller Brewing Company and a host of microbreweries — the state has 112 breweries, more than all states except four. But along with the breweries, there are a fair share of imbibers. Nearly one in every four Wisconsinites is considered a binge drinker, while nearly one in 10 residents is considered a heavy drinker. Both of those figures are higher than in any other state in the U.S. In 2011, more than 67% of the state's population had a drink in any given month, the highest rate in the country.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/bus ... s/1627621/
  • STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,814
    Germans than Russians

Rednecks rule the beer drinking world. Many drunks believe since there is water in beer already... You are kinda drinking water. And we have drive through liquor/alcohol slushie stores??? Why leave the car when you are drinking?

Germany and Russia can knock it back.

Ireland should be #1
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    For the record...the article discusses the Irish and then says who else will we bring to the party! I am assuming that we rule the world of drinkers and therefore are automatically excluded from this top ten as it would be like asking who is the worlds number one Chuck Norris...and excluding Chuck Norris.....its just an unfair question and therefore its a top ten excluding the Irish!

:think: Excellent point.
    STAYSEA wrote:
    And we have drive through liquor/alcohol slushie stores??? Why leave the car when you are drinking?

We have 4 drive through liquor stores, best invention ever! :lol:
    jbarbian wrote:
    STAYSEA wrote:
    And we have drive through liquor/alcohol slushie stores??? Why leave the car when you are drinking?

where is that, Texas?
    jbarbian wrote:
    STAYSEA wrote:

where is that, Texas?

Wisconsin! Best drinkers in the world!
    jbarbian wrote:
    STAYSEA wrote:

where is that, Texas?

Good guess! Where else do you get that kinda of service. It's legal because they put a piece of tape over the open container. 3 $ for a 32 oz margarita. 8-)
    Good guess! Where else do you get that kinda of service. It's legal because they put a piece of tape over the open container. 3 $ for a 32 oz margarita. 8-)

That's awesome!
    STAYSEA wrote:
    jbarbian wrote:

where is that, Texas?

Its the only state Ive ever heard of that in.

A piece of tape makes it legal. :lol: Might as well make it legal as long as your hand is covering it.
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    Go Australia Woooo.

"Unlikely as it seems for a country where culture usually refers to something that grows in the folds of discarded sportswear, "

Seriously I have no idea what the author means with that statement. :?
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    Go Australia Woooo.

Seriously I have no idea what the author means with that statement. :?

Sarcasm?
    Go with the flow.

Buy a Margarita? I'm too much.... too drive to the drive through.