Red Wings to the East!!

2»

Comments

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Caveeze wrote:
    I think Pavel is going to go back to Russia when his contract is up.. I have heard talk of this..
    That makes me feel like this ...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSwpOWBvb948mdBGfDohgprWap7-rGlbcGChCzCp91atv5n-b9zVQ
  • NamiNami Posts: 5,995
    Jason P wrote:
    Caveeze wrote:
    I think Pavel is going to go back to Russia when his contract is up.. I have heard talk of this..
    That makes me feel like this ...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSwpOWBvb948mdBGfDohgprWap7-rGlbcGChCzCp91atv5n-b9zVQ

Damn... hope not.
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • jlaustinjlaustin Posts: 2,355
    Love that Detroit will be on the Eastern conference - about time! I agree that it would be great if there was a way to get Chicago there too. Can't they do something with those Florida teams? :lol:
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Cincy, Detroit, Moline, & Milwaukee
    2015 Central Park
    2016 Lexington, Ottawa, Toronto 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2017 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    2018 Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Chicago 1

• Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    jlaustin wrote:
    Love that Detroit will be on the Eastern conference - about time! I agree that it would be great if there was a way to get Chicago there too. Can't they do something with those Florida teams? :lol:

I know, right?

Sucks there wont be as many Hawks-Wings games, but definitely makes sense for the Wings to be in the east.
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    jlaustin wrote:
    no shit.. There must be a way!!! florida, carolina, columbus.. all these teams should be easily shuffled
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • jlaustinjlaustin Posts: 2,355
    Caveeze wrote:
    jlaustin wrote:
    no shit.. There must be a way!!! florida, carolina, columbus.. all these teams should be easily shuffled

Love your avatar! Stevie Y and PJ are my heroes!
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Cincy, Detroit, Moline, & Milwaukee
    2015 Central Park
    2016 Lexington, Ottawa, Toronto 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2017 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    2018 Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Chicago 1

• Caveeze wrote:
    jlaustin wrote:

The league could actually pay attention to the fans and move all the teams that have a reputation into one divison and teams like the ones you have mentioned and a couple of others can make up the other division. Proof of crap teams making the grade???? How many times does the number three seed in the east get smoked by number six in the first round of the playoffs. Oh that's right in a real world of points, that number three team would really be seven or eight or sometimes not even make the playoffs.

The poison from the poison stream caught up to you ELEVEN years ago and you floated out of here. Sept. 14, 08

• peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    chadwick wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    red%20wing_938.jpg
    red wings 938

Really good boots
    yes, sir. and from what i understand red wing also makes a hockey team. if their hockey team is 1/3 as badass as their boots... forget about it.

:lol:

Too bad the boots are from Red WIng, MN :lol:
  • NamiNami Posts: 5,995
    Time to change the oil... Wings need a win tonight.

Man just looked at the schedule for the rest of March... DAMN. Vancouver, Anaheim, Minnesota, Chicago, Phoenix, and San jose....double damn
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • RoughMixRoughMix Posts: 385
    Last night was a prime example why you get Howard signed.Maybe not exactly what he is asking,but he has to be signed.
    If Pavel wants to leave at the end of his deal-that's his decision.But,the Wings have to try and convince him to stay.The ot winner last night just shows how explosive he can be.Turned Petry into a corksrew and ripped it -top corner.Lidstrom used to make waves about returning to Sweden,and would eventually sign.
    I've heard also that Datsyuk loved playing in Russia during the lockout and wanted to stay....we'll see.
    The power play and road record has to improve or the Wings are done.
    "They don't give a shit Keith Moon is dead,
    is that exactly what I thought I read."
    RoughMix wrote:
    Last night was a prime example why you get Howard signed.Maybe not exactly what he is asking,but he has to be signed.
    If Pavel wants to leave at the end of his deal-that's his decision.But,the Wings have to try and convince him to stay.The ot winner last night just shows how explosive he can be.Turned Petry into a corksrew and ripped it -top corner.Lidstrom used to make waves about returning to Sweden,and would eventually sign.
    I've heard also that Datsyuk loved playing in Russia during the lockout and wanted to stay....we'll see.
    The power play and road record has to improve or the Wings are done.
    You don't let top tier goalies walk ....

Maybe you are paying $1m more then you would like ... But I think he has the ability of making a +4 move up in the standings no matter what your team talent level is.
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    At this stage of the season the red wings are not really close to being a contender ... it's just the way it is ... in the last week they lost 3 games to Columbus and Calgary and needed OT to be beat Edmonton who just returned home after a long road trip. The Wings can fool themselves into thinking 1 player can be the difference by trading away more draft picks or they can do something they should have done a couple years ago get other teams to give up draft choices for some players. As for Datsyuk ... the wings should have no problem going to him and saying " are you leaning on going back to Russia after your contract", if he says yes, then you part ways now, someone will give prospects and draft picks for him because some teams feel they are really close ... if he says no you take him at his word or sign him to an extension.

The wings are the only sports franchise that feels these stars should retire a wing ... the NHL like all sports is a business and in this business they need to make those tough choices of when to move assets.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    lukin2006 wrote:
    At this stage of the season the red wings are not really close to being a contender ... it's just the way it is ... in the last week they lost 3 games to Columbus and Calgary and needed OT to be beat Edmonton who just returned home after a long road trip. The Wings can fool themselves into thinking 1 player can be the difference by trading away more draft picks or they can do something they should have done a couple years ago get other teams to give up draft choices for some players. As for Datsyuk ... the wings should have no problem going to him and saying " are you leaning on going back to Russia after your contract", if he says yes, then you part ways now, someone will give prospects and draft picks for him because some teams feel they are really close ... if he says no you take him at his word or sign him to an extension.

The wings are the only sports franchise that feels these stars should retire a wing ... the NHL like all sports is a business and in this business they need to make those tough choices of when to move assets.
    This is not a good season to judge the Wings long term forecast.

It's a super condensed regular season that plays to the weakness of a team with a lot of veterans. Not only that, but a 3 week injury can change the tides. I would resort to looking up of Winston Wolf's advice before freaking out.
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Jason P wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

This is not a good season to judge the Wings long term forecast.

It's a super condensed regular season that plays to the weakness of a team with a lot of veterans. Not only that, but a 3 week injury can change the tides. I would resort to looking up of Winston Wolf's advice before freaking out.

For 1 I'm not freaking out :lol::lol:. Not much of a wings fan ... actually really don't have a favourite team ... watching hockey just holds me over till NFL. Like the wings more when they employed the likes of Probert, Shanny, Hull, Yzerman ... shorten season shouldn't bother veteran guys ... teams with new coach should be the teams that have struggled, they would have had such a short time to get their system in place. As far as injuries go ... it's part of the game ... older teams will suffer more injuries.

I'll stand by what I said ... they need to part with talent and get some high draft picks.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • madtowndavemadtowndave Posts: 4,012
    Being a Predators fan I'm so happy to get Detroit of the West Central Division.
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23