Red Wings to the East!!

CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
edited March 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
looking like its gonna happen..

good or bad?
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• NamiNami Posts: 5,995
    good- more original 6 action.

Hopefully before they move they get some better D. Thats all i need is my friends (leaf fans) rubbing that shit in daily...
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    Glad to be back in a division with Toronto.. Great rivalry

and, 5 of the original 6 teams are in the east.. not bad, would love to see Chicago there though
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • Very good. No more playoff games starting at 10:30 PM.
    1994: ANN ARBOR
    2011: DETROIT (EV), HAMILTON
    2012: OSLO, COPENHAGEN, MEMPHIS (EV)
    2013: LONDON, CHICAGO, VANCOUVER, SEATTLE
    2014: ST. LOUIS, DETROIT
    2015: CHICAGO (EV & TOWNSHEND), NEW YORK
    2016: QUEBEC CITY, OTTAWA, TORONTO 1, BOSTON 1 & 2
    2018: LONDON 1, CHICAGO 1
    2022: HAMILTON

• lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    I like the realignment ... from a fans point of view its good.

I think getting it on with Boston, Montreal, Toronto and the Rangers more often will good for the fans.

I think the Wings better days are behind them and no doubt they need to be a trader at the deadline not a buyer.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    red%20wing_938.jpg
    red wings 938
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    chadwick wrote:
    red%20wing_938.jpg
    red wings 938

Really good boots
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,671
    Lots of travel to road games. Got Buffalo/Detroit/Toronto. Montreal/Ottawa arent unreasonable.

I figure Fla will move to Quebec at some point as well and they would swing ClOlumbus into the Division
    lukin2006 wrote:

I think getting it on with Boston, Montreal, Toronto and the Rangers more often will good for the fans.

I think the Wings better days are behind them and no doubt they need to be a trader at the deadline not a buyer.

for sure... what you think of bouwmeester outta calgary for a year? Trade Filpulla to calgary.

Liking Kindl's play. Erickson and Quincy.. on the fence.. still sloppy players.

they need spark and relying on Dats is brutal. Zetterburg and Franzen need to pick it up.

Cleary a machine :D
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • As a Red Wing fanatic living in Toronto, this is the fucking best thing that could happen! Saturday night will never be the same. Nothing like watching the Laughs get smoked by the big red machine.

But in a real world that Gary Fuckhead Bettman does not live in.....this is how it should be..........

This was the best division ever! . (period)

Chicago Black Hawks
    Detroit Red Wings
    Minnesota North Stars
    St. Louis Blues
    Toronto Maple Leafs

The poison from the poison stream caught up to you ELEVEN years ago and you floated out of here. Sept. 14, 08

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    But in a real world that Gary Fuckhead Bettman does not live in.....this is how it should be..........

Chicago Black Hawks
    Detroit Red Wings
    Minnesota North Stars
    St. Louis Blues
    Toronto Maple Leafs
    :clap::clap::clap:
    Nami wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

for sure... what you think of bouwmeester outta calgary for a year? Trade Filpulla to calgary.

Liking Kindl's play. Erickson and Quincy.. on the fence.. still sloppy players.

they need spark and relying on Dats is brutal. Zetterburg and Franzen need to pick it up.

Cleary a machine :D

Personally I think a house cleaning is in order ... Filpulia and Franzen could both be traded, at this stage I'd want draft picks. I see can Ignila going to Pittsburgh for draft picks. The only problem I see when trying to obtain Bouwmeester is Calgary might want draft picks. I think Detroit trading so many high draft picks over the years is finally catching up with them. Montreal stayed successful from the 50's to 90's by hanging onto their draft picks.

I know Detroit sports radio loves to rave about Detroit drafting prowess because they nabbed a couple really good players in the 6th round or later, but you really don't do it that often.

If I was Holland I'd trade Franzen, Filpula and Howard all preferably for draft picks ... The reason I'd get rid of Howard is he wants 6-7 and close to 6 million.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• drivingrldrivingrl Posts: 1,448
    Minnesota North Stars

You can't have it back. :nono:
    drivingrl: "Will I ever get to meet Gwen Stefani?"
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
    As a Red Wing fanatic living in Toronto, this is the fucking best thing that could happen! Saturday night will never be the same. Nothing like watching the Laughs get smoked by the big red machine.

Chicago Black Hawks
    Detroit Red Wings
    Minnesota North Stars
    St. Louis Blues
    Toronto Maple Leafs

This division wasn't messed with by Bettman ... Toronto wanted in the East and in the same division with Montreal so when Ken Dryden was president of the leafs he used his fine lawyering skills and negotiated and got them in the same division. Toronto and Montreal is probably a much better rivalry than Detroit and Toronto.

lukin2006 wrote:
    I think Detroit trading so many high draft picks over the years is finally catching up with them.

Red Wings' 1st round picks

1994 Yan Golubovsky
    1995 Maxim Kuznetsov
    1996 Jesse Wallin
    1997 None
    1998 Jiri Fischer
    1999 None
    2000 Niklas Kronwall
    2001 None
    2002 None
    2003 None
    2004 None
    2005 Jakub Kindl
    2006 None
    2007 Brendan Smith
    2008 Thomas McCollum
    2009 None
    2010 Riley Sheahan
    2011 None
    2012 None
    Islanders 1st round picks

1991 Scott LeChance
    1992 Darius Kasparaitis
    1993 Todd Bertuzzi
    1994 Brett Lindros
    1995 Wade Redden
    1996 JP Dumont
    1997 Roberto Luongo
    1997 Eric Brewer
    1998 Michael Rupp
    1999 Tim Connolly
    1999 Taylor Pyatt
    1999 Branislav Mezei
    1999 Kristian Kudroc
    1999 Radek Martinek
    2000 Rick Dipietro
    2000 Raffi Torres
    2001 None
    2002 Sean Bergenheim
    2003 Robert Nilsson
    2004 Petteri Nokelainen
    2005 Ryan O'Marra
    2006 Kyle Okposo
    2007 None
    2008 Josh Bailey
    2009 John Tavares
    2009 Calvin de Haan
    2010 Nino Niederreiter
    2010 Brock Nelson
    2011 Ryan Strome
    2012 Griffin Reinhart
  • drivingrl wrote:
    Minnesota North Stars

You can't have it back. :nono:

I like the fact you use the Stars logo for your avtar. Nice!

The poison from the poison stream caught up to you ELEVEN years ago and you floated out of here. Sept. 14, 08

• lukin2006 wrote:
    As a Red Wing fanatic living in Toronto, this is the fucking best thing that could happen! Saturday night will never be the same. Nothing like watching the Laughs get smoked by the big red machine.

Chicago Black Hawks
    Detroit Red Wings
    Minnesota North Stars
    St. Louis Blues
    Toronto Maple Leafs

This division wasn't messed with by Bettman ... Toronto wanted in the East and in the same division with Montreal so when Ken Dryden was president of the leafs he used his fine lawyering skills and negotiated and got them in the same division. Toronto and Montreal is probably a much better rivalry than Detroit and Toronto.

I stand by my Bettman comment.

Yeah, you'd think that Montreal/Toronto would be a better rivalry. But as a Red Wing fan, ah no. ;)

MayDay10 wrote:
    Lots of travel to road games. Got Buffalo/Detroit/Toronto. Montreal/Ottawa arent unreasonable.

I figure Fla will move to Quebec at some point as well and they would swing ClOlumbus into the Division
    I wish there were a way to get Chicago in the east.. but the east has 2 more teams than the west.. It would defy geographical logic, but I say Columbus to the west and Chicago to the east.. the 6 should be together.
    lukin2006 wrote:

Chicago Black Hawks
    Detroit Red Wings
    Minnesota North Stars
    St. Louis Blues
    Toronto Maple Leafs

I stand by my Bettman comment.

Yeah, you'd think that Montreal/Toronto would be a better rivalry. But as a Red Wing fan, ah no. ;)

I also think the fans make Montreal vs Toronto a great rivalry ...

MayDay10 wrote:
    Islanders 1st round picks

1991 Scott LeChance
    1992 Darius Kasparaitis
    1993 Todd Bertuzzi
    1994 Brett Lindros
    1995 Wade Redden
    1996 JP Dumont
    1997 Roberto Luongo
    1997 Eric Brewer
    1998 Michael Rupp
    1999 Tim Connolly
    1999 Taylor Pyatt
    1999 Branislav Mezei
    1999 Kristian Kudroc
    1999 Radek Martinek
    2000 Rick Dipietro
    2000 Raffi Torres
    2001 None
    2002 Sean Bergenheim
    2003 Robert Nilsson
    2004 Petteri Nokelainen
    2005 Ryan O'Marra
    2006 Kyle Okposo
    2007 None
    2008 Josh Bailey
    2009 John Tavares
    2009 Calvin de Haan
    2010 Nino Niederreiter
    2010 Brock Nelson
    2011 Ryan Strome
    2012 Griffin Reinhart

I'm not so sure the islanders are team we should even mention :lol::lol::lol:

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    lukin2006 wrote:
    If I was Holland I'd trade Franzen, Filpula and Howard all preferably for draft picks ... The reason I'd get rid of Howard is he wants 6-7 and close to 6 million.
    I think you would be nuts to trade Howard. He is the only reason they are still in the race for a playoff spot. He is worth $6M/YR in my opinion. Sounds like they are close to a contract extension as we speak ... er, type.

Franzen is untradable with his contract. I call it the Luongo Effect. He is due $5M/YR for the next three years. He isn't playing $5M hockey right now. If we could trade him, I think it makes a lot of sense. Pavel will need a contract extension next season ($7M-$8M) and with Howard getting paid, we can't afford to keep Franzen on the team.
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    chadwick wrote:
    red%20wing_938.jpg
    red wings 938

Really good boots
    yes, sir. and from what i understand red wing also makes a hockey team. if their hockey team is 1/3 as badass as their boots... forget about it.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    Jason P wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    I think you would be nuts to trade Howard. He is the only reason they are still in the race for a playoff spot. He is worth $6M/YR in my opinion. Sounds like they are close to a contract extension as we speak ... er, type.

Franzen is untradable with his contract. I call it the Luongo Effect. He is due $5M/YR for the next three years. He isn't playing $5M hockey right now. If we could trade him, I think it makes a lot of sense. Pavel will need a contract extension next season ($7M-$8M) and with Howard getting paid, we can't afford to keep Franzen on the team.
    I think Pavel is going to go back to Russia when his contract is up.. I have heard talk of this..
  • lukin2006 wrote:

I stand by by Bettman comment. :!: :D

Yeah, you'd think the fans would make it a great rivalry, but as a Red Wing fan, ah no.

I I just tugging your chain, it is a good rivalry. But nothing beats sitting up high in Maple Leaf Gardens with all the Windsor fans and me embarrasing my Leaf friend with our red shirts and partying. Ah good times indeed.

Jason P wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

McGuire on NBC has mentioned that Pavel may look to go to the KHL to finish out his career ... he'll be 36 near the end of that contract. I personally think the wings are in the bottom half of the NHL ... they need to accumulate some 1st, 2nd and 3rd round picks ... in order to do that you need to move assets. But everything is subjective to opinion ... Howard hasn't shown me he's the type goalie that can carry a team on his shoulder for more than a few games at a time.

Caveeze wrote:
    Jason P wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

I think Pavel is going to go back to Russia when his contract is up.. I have heard talk of this..

:lol::lol::lol: I just typed that as well ... if thats really the case and the wings think that is a possibility then I would consider moving him at the deadline as well.

lukin2006 wrote:

Yeah, you'd think the fans would make it a great rivalry, but as a Red Wing fan, ah no.

I I just tugging your chain, it is a good rivalry. But nothing beats sitting up high in Maple Leaf Gardens with all the Windsor fans and me embarrasing my Leaf friend with our red shirts and partying. Ah good times indeed.

I think their both good rivalries ... the rivalry I miss the most is Quebec vs Montreal.

A player like Pavel can act like he wants to go back, put a rumor out there, and command some big money for an extension.. I am hoping he retires from hockey as a Red Wing, but at what cost to the team?.. He is a bad mutha!!
  • lukin2006 wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

I think their both good rivalries ... the rivalry I miss the most is Quebec vs Montreal.

Now you're talking.

Isn't that rivalry where the premeditated fighting started? I swear they drew that up on the chalk boards before they hit the ice. When Hunter brother is fighting Hunter brother, you know the teams don't like each other.

[/quote]

Personally I think a house cleaning is in order ... Filpulia and Franzen could both be traded, at this stage I'd want draft picks. I see can Ignila going to Pittsburgh for draft picks. The only problem I see when trying to obtain Bouwmeester is Calgary might want draft picks. I think Detroit trading so many high draft picks over the years is finally catching up with them. Montreal stayed successful from the 50's to 90's by hanging onto their draft picks.

I know Detroit sports radio loves to rave about Detroit drafting prowess because they nabbed a couple really good players in the 6th round or later, but you really don't do it that often.

If I was Holland I'd trade Franzen, Filpula and Howard all preferably for draft picks ... The reason I'd get rid of Howard is he wants 6-7 and close to 6 million.[/quote]

Howard wanting 6-7 wow... no way. Franzen and Flipula would be good offers to any team. Not sure why White has not been in the line up as well, healthy scratch. Better than Quincy and Erik imo.