Things your significant other does that you find strange

Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352
edited March 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
When we were in the middle of the visa process, I came across a forum where people who are trying to be together with their foreign partners are talking about their experiences. The most entertaining thread to me was always one with the same title as this one. I know, not everybody here is with someone from another culture, but I guess everybody has their little pet peeves, especially with the ones you spend your life with ...

What I think is a little weird is that my S.O. doesn't care to use the knife when we are eating. He puts one hand in his lap and eats mainly with the fork. And whenever we go somewhere, he gets himself a beef jerky and a Red Bull, which is a combination of flavours that I don't even want to start to imagine having in my mouth :lol:
Oh, and he never had fresh dill before I came into his life. He sleeps with two pillows under his head, which gives me a stiff neck. The smell of newspaper makes him sick and he doesn't want to touch cotton balls. :fp:

I love him to pieces, these are just small things that I notice in everyday life (and I'm sure he has a list too :P ) :mrgreen:

So, what are things your significant other does that you find strange, if you are willing to share?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    packs a week before we leave on a trip. :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352
    81 wrote:
    packs a week before we leave on a trip. :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp:

I couldn't do that, then my fave pieces would all be "locked" for the week :lol:
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Where to start? :lol:
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    she tells my business to all of you.
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
    Caveeze wrote:
    :lol: we've found the downside to forum dating
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • morellomorello Posts: 6,212
    Caveeze wrote:
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,407
    Caveeze wrote:

:lol:
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    it's o.k. your VGL
    I love her still..

She has not one, but two imaginary brake pedals over there..

She is staring at me, I am going to stop there.. I will add more from work tomorrow..
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
    it's o.k. your VGL

Very true!!
    Caveeze wrote:

she's german...she must be clutching. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    Caveeze wrote:

:lol: And I sloooooowly and gently let it go to get things going ...
    81 wrote:
    Caveeze wrote:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

i can see you doing this.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg

*note to self* chardonnay!! always buy chardonnay!!
    Back to topic!

Peanut butter and chocolate is the "best combination ever" to him, no matter how tooth-jerking sweet it is. This combo seriously makes me gag, it reminds me of the taste of Eastern German "chocolate" :sick:

Yeah, come on Americans, whip me :P :lol:
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Caveeze wrote:

you two are fucking awesome :lol:
    Back to topic!

Peanut butter and chocolate is the "best combination ever" to him, no matter how tooth-jerking sweet it is. This combo seriously makes me gag, it reminds me of the taste of Eastern German "chocolate" :sick:

you must try chocolate peanut butter ice cream. #heaven
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    Back to topic!

Been there, done that, but #hell. Sorry. No can do.

S.O. doesn't like the taste of German red cabbage, which is strange to me, cause I'm in heaven when I eat it.
    81 wrote:

dude!! I have tried!! I have tried a bunch!! no sale.. she actually makes a face when I eat it.. the kind of face a father gives his son when he quits the baseball team to take up dance.. its fucking horrible and it actually alters the wonderful taste for me..

we pulled of the road on sunday to by girl scout cookies.. She was excited because she had never had one before.. I bought Tagalongs.. she bought some lemon zest puke bullshit..

cultural differences..
    81 wrote:

have you tried vanilla ice cream with peanut butter and chocolate syrup on top?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:

have you tried vanilla ice cream with peanut butter and chocolate syrup on top?
    I like peanut butter in savoury stuff, like in a sauce for Asian-like marinated chicken. Hot and spicy, and savoury. American ice cream is usually too sweet for my taste, and in general I'm more the sausage and sauerkraut type than cookies and cake and ice cream ...
    I like peanut butter in savoury stuff, like in a sauce for Asian-like marinated chicken. Hot and spicy, and savoury. American ice cream is usually too sweet for my taste, and in general I'm more the sausage and sauerkraut type than cookies and cake and ice cream ...

i do like sausage and kraut, but peanut butter and ice cream is awesome....pretty much peanut butter and anything is good.

have you tired toast with butter, peanut butter and jelly....it's to die for
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

i do like sausage and kraut, but peanut butter and ice cream is awesome....pretty much peanut butter and anything is good.

I would try it with bacon instead of jelly ... Yum, that sounds actually good.
    81 wrote:

I would try it with bacon instead of jelly ... Yum, that sounds actually good.
    jelly or jam....you need two pieces of toast...make it a sammich...devine.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    Beef Jerky and a Red Bull

Pricey... gas station class

:shock:

81 wrote:

Alright, I'll try it one day.

To stay with the topic, what also comes to my mind is that my beloved hubster uses a bar of soap instead of shower gel. It's kind of oldschool and I like it, but I think I don't know anybody else who does it.
    Beef Jerky and a Red Bull

Pricey... gas station class

:shock:

I have been known to get scratch of tickets as well.. Balla!!

This shit right here..
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    81 wrote:

To stay with the topic, what also comes to my mind is that my beloved hubster uses a bar of soap instead of shower gel. It's kind of oldschool and I like it, but I think I don't know anybody else who does it.

shower gel?? who doesn't use a bar of soap? :lol::lol:
    edited March 2013
    norm wrote:
    81 wrote:

since i stopped grocery shopping, i get gel. :lol: actually it's not bad.... :lol:

i also get shampoo in a pump jar. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    norm wrote:

German men apparently.. I was confused as hell over there..