Selling things on Craigslist..

2»

Comments

• Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    Ive sold many things..mostly electronics..been stood up a few times but i always arrange close to my home..you deal with a lot of inconsiderate younglings...but greenback transactions are they way to go..
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    know1 wrote:
    mca47 wrote:
    I've sold a few things on Craigslist before. Only had good experiences.

I sold my TV a couple weeks ago. Knock at the door, open it up and it's this 20 year old girl. She probably weighed 95 lbs. Why would a girl like that go to some random person's place BY HERSELF? :shock:

A better question is why didn't you agree to meet the person somewhere. Don't have them come to your house! The last thing I sold, we met at Wal-Mart.

some times what you are selling isn't meant to be exchanged in a parking lot.... when we bought the house, there was a big play set in the back yard. sold it, and delivered it to their house in my truck.

i also had a sand box. two ladies came out and picked it up.

sold an old fridge and delievered that as well.

unless both parties have a truck....walmart doesn't work so well...

picked up some other stuff (dresser, bed head board, tread mill) once again, tough to do a parking lot exchange. i just try to not go alone, although i have
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    the free section might be the best thing ever on craigslist....

got some junk you don't want?

put it by the curb, snap a picture, post it on CL and it's gone in 20 minutes.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    I put a few things on craigslist recently. Consequently, I think i'm officially a Nigerian Prince now, somehow...
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    know1 wrote:
    mca47 wrote:
    I've sold a few things on Craigslist before. Only had good experiences.

I sold my TV a couple weeks ago. Knock at the door, open it up and it's this 20 year old girl. She probably weighed 95 lbs. Why would a girl like that go to some random person's place BY HERSELF? :shock:

A better question is why didn't you agree to meet the person somewhere. Don't have them come to your house! The last thing I sold, we met at Wal-Mart.
    I get what you're saying, but it's pretty tough to sell a 50" TV in a WalMart parking lot.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    81 wrote:
    the free section might be the best thing ever on craigslist....

got some junk you don't want?

put it by the curb, snap a picture, post it on CL and it's gone in 20 minutes.

Checking that stuff out is entertaining. It amazes me some of the stuff people are trying to get rid of! :lol:
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352
    There is a free section on cl? :shock: Going to check that out ...

By the way, I'm trying to get a hold of a AMC Eagle with lower mileage and in good condition, preferably with stick and the hatchback version ... Price range would be up to 3000 bucks. If anybody knows anything, give me a shout :wave: :D And yes, we checked nationwide cl already ...
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    There are a lot of bad eggs too people are being robbed here doing dealings
    on Craigslist. Heard of another over the weekend. Warnings on the TV and radio.
    Awhile back a guy pretended a fancy foreclosed house was his own and robbed
    the ladies when they arrived to do a deal. Geez.

Instead of a rummage sale we might put all the junk up for one flat bid on Craigslist,
    sounds attractive to me.
    pandora wrote:
    There are a lot of bad eggs too people are being robbed here doing dealings
    on Craigslist. Heard of another over the weekend. Warnings on the TV and radio.
    Awhile back a guy pretended a fancy foreclosed house was his own and robbed
    the ladies when they arrived to do a deal. Geez.

Instead of a rummage sale we might put all the junk up for one flat bid on Craigslist,
    sounds attractive to me.

just like a newspaper classified. be smart about it. if it's too good to be true, it most likely is. meet in a public place, or if is something that needs to be picked up, don't go alone.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    I sell electronics all the time..mostly to this lady that wants to send it as a gift to her son on a mission in africa...she pays with paypal.... :fp:

Free shit is the best..fire wood..big rocks for landscaping..various tools..
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    put the camper up on CL...got some guy emailing, "send me the other pics you have, and we can go from there, don't contact me with CL email, I only want to deal directly with seller" :?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,889
    I bought a sofa and love seat from CL once. It was a nice normal couple, with a nice 3 year old sofa for a decent price. But I once tried to give that same sofa and love seat away for free on CL some years later - they just had to come and pick it up - and I couldn't believe how many assholes were out there willing to make the arrangements to come pick it up, have me waiting for them, and then they just don't show up because they got lazy or whatever. Fuckers. :x It happened 3 times with 3 separate assholes! Finally I just got fed up and trashed the furniture, which was in perfectly good shape. What a waste.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,777
    i put up a digital camera on craigslist in the past few weeks. not too many responses. they wanted it for cheaper. :roll:

I also put up my Firefly Festival wristband on there. Got a lot of responses, but eventually sold it through someone on facebook, long story.

i prefer craigslist over ebay.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA