Selling things on Craigslist..

CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
edited June 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
It's a cool concept, and can be very convenient.. but holy hell! the people out there are bat shit crazy!! After last time I sold something, I swore I would never sell again.. But here we go again I guess!!!

I had a guy come over to buy a guitar once.. He played it for a bit, agreed to buy it, then asked to use the bathroom (I agreed, he drove all the way from Ann Arbor)

Later that week, I cut my foot open. I went to my bathroom relieved because I knew I had recently purchased band aids and triple antibiotic ointment.. The ointment was gone!?! I knew it was there! and he was the only person in my house during that time period.. The guy stole my triple antibiotic ointment?? :lol:

For the love....
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    did he buy your guitar? also, how much toilet paper did the gentleman make off with? toothpaste & soap/shampoo... on.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    bought the guitar.. full price too! everything seemed ordinary in the bathroom immediately afterwards. (I checked, dude was weird from the word go)
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,814
    I bought a vaporizer off of craigslist.

It turned out okay. Neither the seller nor me could figure out how or why it happened.

I've never done anything like that, and he hadn't either. It should be renamed "CreepyCraigslist" :?
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    I've sold a few things on Craigslist before. Only had good experiences.

I sold my TV a couple weeks ago. Knock at the door, open it up and it's this 20 year old girl. She probably weighed 95 lbs. Why would a girl like that go to some random person's place BY HERSELF? :shock:
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    We use CL to find our cape cod summer rental. Never had a bad experience.
    mca47 wrote:

I sold my TV a couple weeks ago. Knock at the door, open it up and it's this 20 year old girl. She probably weighed 95 lbs. Why would a girl like that go to some random person's place BY HERSELF? :shock:

Yeah I really questioned myself (I'm around that same size). And I was alone. Turned out to be a nice human dude. But, that was a really stupid decision for me! Did you help her carry the tv to the car?
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    I've done it quite a few times. There are some real freaks out there. Just sold some concert tickets that I couldn't use the other day and it was very easy...the guy was here for about 10 seconds.
    Buying things has been painless for me.. Selling is another story
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    I've done it quite a few times. There are some real freaks out there. Just sold some concert tickets that I couldn't use the other day and it was very easy...the guy was here for about 10 seconds.

i sold a pair i ended up not needing on there...fuck me. offered 50 below face when tix were going for 50 above face on stub hub. guy says he will buy them, and then doesn't show up....says he found a better pair, but didn't have time to text...one guy asked if it would be an ok show for his kid,....would there be pot and cussing. :fp:

i've sold other shit tho with zero issues and bought other shit pretty easy. i always try and meet up at a starbucks or something.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,065
    Caveeze wrote:

I sold my car through Craigslist....no problems...cash, and full price. Funny thing, the guy offered me a slightly used tube of triple antibiotic ointment. Weird! :lol:
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
    Caveeze wrote:

I sold my car through Craigslist....no problems...cash, and full price. Funny thing, the guy offered me a slightly used tube of triple antibiotic ointment. Weird! :lol:
    Whats he driving nowadays? :lol:
    Caveeze wrote:
    bought the guitar.. full price too! everything seemed ordinary in the bathroom immediately afterwards. (I checked, dude was weird from the word go)
    gotta love the 'weirdo', yes/no?

i wonder if he went through your toilet room

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    Caveeze wrote:
    gotta love the 'weirdo', yes/no?

i wonder if he went through your toilet room

I guess I admire him on some level..

my toilet room and bathroom are one in the same.. I own both, they are just located in the same room..
    i wonder if he sprizt himself on the neck w/ your cologne, yes/no? fuck!

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    you mean toilet water?
    Caveeze wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    you mean toilet water?
    that what you usin?
    damn

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    Caveeze wrote:
    It's a cool concept, and can be very convenient.. but holy hell! the people out there are bat shit crazy!! After last time I sold something, I swore I would never sell again.. But here we go again I guess!!!

I had a guy come over to buy a guitar once.. He played it for a bit, agreed to buy it, then asked to use the bathroom (I agreed, he drove all the way from Ann Arbor)

Later that week, I cut my foot open. I went to my bathroom relieved because I knew I had recently purchased band aids and triple antibiotic ointment.. The ointment was gone!?! I knew it was there! and he was the only person in my house during that time period.. The guy stole my triple antibiotic ointment?? :lol:

For the love....

I think it was Chadwick this whole time. Admit it, Chadwick
    Caveeze wrote:
    Caveeze wrote:

Whats he driving nowadays? :lol:

'99 Taurus SE - Red :D
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit

more to the point, when are you coming by with MY triple antibiotic ointment? ;)
    STAYSEA wrote:
    mca47 wrote:

Yeah I really questioned myself (I'm around that same size). And I was alone. Turned out to be a nice human dude. But, that was a really stupid decision for me! Did you help her carry the tv to the car?
    I did. I also told her that she reeeeeealy should be more careful about that. Lots of nuts out there!
    mca47 wrote:
    STAYSEA wrote:
    mca47 wrote:

I did. I also told her that she reeeeeealy should be more careful about that. Lots of nuts out there!

100%. i'd never let the woman go to a house by herself, although i have.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

soooo 81% ?

thats a low B.. pretty good were I come from..
    Caveeze wrote:
    81 wrote:

soooo 81% ?

thats a low B.. pretty good were I come from..

:fp: :fp: :fp: :fp:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

Yep, bad idea! I'd feel weird about having a girlfriend or wife or whatever meet someone in public let alone their house!
    mca47 wrote:
    81 wrote:

Yep, bad idea! I'd feel weird about having a girlfriend or wife or whatever meet someone in public let alone their house!
    Hey, if she wants that 15 dollar, piece of shit, broken, and visually smelly bookshelf,, let her go and buy it!!

just sayin'
    Caveeze wrote:

more to the point, when are you coming by with MY triple antibiotic ointment? ;)

I would love to return it, but I emptied it, to help clear up this reoccurring rash. Ouch!
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    Anytime I've listed anything, I get responses from "Africa" looking to over pay me for the product, if I could kindly mail them back the difference.
  • Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    Caveeze wrote:

For the love....

Have you checked to see if he left you an upper decker???
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    Wma31394 wrote:
    Caveeze wrote:

For the love....

Have you checked to see if he left you an upper decker???

:lol::lol:
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,794
    mca47 wrote:

A better question is why didn't you agree to meet the person somewhere. Don't have them come to your house! The last thing I sold, we met at Wal-Mart.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.