Options

Touring Van Europe 07

13»

Comments

• Options
    flights aren't too bad at the moment... between £30.00 to £50.00 one way if you book now

the downside is that at some places you'd have to find alternative travel to get to the actual site

so is there anything happening with getting a London-Belguim tour bus? everybody seems to be very quiet about it...
    Euro 2007: Madrid 09/06 Wembley 18/06, Düsseldorf 21/06, Copenhagen 26/06, Nijmegen 28/06, Werchter 29/06

Astoria 20/04/06
    Reading - 27/08/06
    Vienna - 25/09/06 - the BEST day of my life
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    flights aren't too bad at the moment... between £30.00 to £50.00 one way if you book now

the downside is that at some places you'd have to find alternative travel to get to the actual site

so is there anything happening with getting a London-Belguim tour bus? everybody seems to be very quiet about it...
    London-Belgium doesn't look good at the moment..
    the problem is many people are not doing the festivals..so it leaves too much of a gap.
    plus on the London-Belgium, the distance are so short that it doesn't make that much financial sense to hire a bus with driver (as opposed to renting a car say).
    It does though on the first part (Munich-London) because the distances are far greater.
  • Options
    Pegasus wrote:
    London-Belgium doesn't look good at the moment..
    the problem is many people are not doing the festivals..so it leaves too much of a gap.
    plus on the London-Belgium, the distance are so short that it doesn't make that much financial sense to hire a bus with driver (as opposed to renting a car say).
    It does though on the first part (Munich-London) because the distances are far greater.

i guess i'm gonna start to look for flights then
    Euro 2007: Madrid 09/06 Wembley 18/06, Düsseldorf 21/06, Copenhagen 26/06, Nijmegen 28/06, Werchter 29/06

Astoria 20/04/06
    Reading - 27/08/06
  • Options
    i wouldnt follow them around in July.. thats called 'stalking'

you want to follow them in June when they are actually playing ;):D

Laughed. Hard.
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    i guess i'm gonna start to look for flights then
    there's no need to fly..plenty of time to get to Dusseldorf by train/Coach, and the rest is really pointless to fly.

I'm thinking about getting another 2-3 people together (that are doing the festivals also) and renting a car from Bruxelles (taking the train there..or from London if they do add Hyde Park after Werchter). We can put the tent up at the festivals, and find cheap hotels for the other places. One driver is enough, maximum drive is 8 hours, and everything can be done after sleeping, no need to rush off after the gig and drive all night.
    If there's enough people we can even rent a mini-bus/people's carrier, even cheaper per head.
  • Options
    Pegasus wrote:
    there's no need to fly..plenty of time to get to Dusseldorf by train/Coach, and the rest is really pointless to fly.

I'm thinking about getting another 2-3 people together (that are doing the festivals also) and renting a car from Bruxelles (taking the train there..or from London if they do add Hyde Park after Werchter). We can put the tent up at the festivals, and find cheap hotels for the other places. One driver is enough, maximum drive is 8 hours, and everything can be done after sleeping, no need to rush off after the gig and drive all night.
    If there's enough people we can even rent a mini-bus/people's carrier, even cheaper per head.

sounds like a great idea... let me know if there's anything i can help you with to get going ;)

Astoria 20/04/06
    Reading - 27/08/06