The local Pub

whispering handswhispering hands Posts: 13,527
edited March 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
What's your favorite drinking spot in your town, city, area????

And what makes it your favorite?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    I'm underage and don't go to bars. I've never really enjoyed the times I've been in bars though... shrug.gif

However, there was midget wrestling at the dirty college bar here right down the road. I am a little disappointed I missed that :lol:
  • I'm underage and don't go to bars. I've never really enjoyed the times I've been in bars though... shrug.gif

However, there was midget wrestling at the dirty college bar here right down the road. I am a little disappointed I missed that :lol:
    Have you ever seen a midget toss?!? That shit's fucking funny!!
  • DUDE! How old are you?!? That's question1.
    Question 2 is .,,, is that you in your signature pic??
    DUDE! How old are you?!? That's question1.

1. I'm 20

2. No, that is my favorite drummer Josh Freese (A Perfect Circle, DEVO, Nine Inch Nails, etc. many others)
  • DUDE! How old are you?!? That's question1.

1. I'm 20

2. No, that is my favorite drummer Josh Freese (A Perfect Circle, DEVO, Nine Inch Nails, etc. many others)
    Wow!! I love A Perfect Circle and NIN? Cool. You're litterally half my age!!
    DUDE! How old are you?!? That's question1.

1. I'm 20

Wow!! I love A Perfect Circle and NIN? Cool. You're litterally half my age!!

I know! I've only seen APC twice! Need more! Definitely seeing Nine Inch Nails this summer!
  • Of all things!!! Good god!! You will be a changed man at the end if NIN!!
    Swear it!!! You think Rezner rocks it studio.. I'm gonna be a
    Good fan and let you see that shit for yourself!!
    Of all things!!! Good god!! You will be a changed man at the end if NIN!!
    Swear it!!! You think Rezner rocks it studio.. I'm gonna be a
    Good fan and let you see that shit for yourself!!

I've seen some live performances on the internet and, well...

I may or may not have gotten a boner :lol:
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Well i have my local pubs and my favorite bars. The locals are usually the close ones i like that i can walk home from if i need to
    so in my area i like the Taco Mac because the bar tenders are cool and i know all the beer geeks that go up there, then their is the Royal Oak Pub which gets my business by default because it is literally around the corner usually my last stop before home, but there is a place called Dunwoody Tavern about a mile down the road i like a lot.

all the bartenders know me and i get good service from all of them

Now my FAV bars in atlanta....
    -Porter Bar in L5P fucking great beer selection and if you can get a seat at the bar always good bar talk going on.

- Brick Store Pub in Decatur- Same as above beer selection is out of this world
    (ratebeer actually ranked the porter and the brick number one and number two for their beer selctions in the united states in 2012 so i'm not the only one that digs those places)

-Smiths Olde Bar Midtownish- It is awesome because upstairs is live music, then there is a bar area, then a sit down table area and yet anotehr area that has pool, foozball and darts. Some of my best memories here or at least the parts i remember

-The Independent Midtownish- Great little bar with friendly people

-The Earl East Atlanta- I started going here because a lot of indie and small bands play here, but one time i could not get in the stage area was sold out so i sat at the bar and realized the bar rocks by itself.

So yeah those are my haunts in Atlanta.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    My favorite?

I'm kinda biased towards Marley's on the Beach

Like us on Facebook.

;)
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    There's a private club near me that is my favorite. Doesn't take much to join this private club, just $75 for your first year then $40 in dues each year after.

Why it's my favorite:

Never too crowded
    A bunch of people who know each other, great conversations)
    Dive bar atmosphere

Cheap food
    $5 pitchers

Plenty of good times in this place for under $20.

I should pop down for lunch...
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
    There's a private club near me that is my favorite. Doesn't take much to join this private club, just $75 for your first year then $40 in dues each year after.

Why it's my favorite:

Never too crowded
    A bunch of people who know each other, great conversations)
    Dive bar atmosphere

Cheap food
    $5 pitchers

Plenty of good times in this place for under $20.

This sounds very cool.
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    The Corner Pug

http://www.cornerpug.com/ordereze/default.aspx

Great food, beers and they pour great cocktails
    LloydXmas wrote:
    The Corner Pug

Nice. Can you have them change the homepage music though?
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    LloydXmas wrote:
    The Corner Pug

Nice. Can you have them change the homepage music though?
    It's tantalizing.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    the home bar. there is nothing good around me. :roll:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

I hear it's a sausage fest.
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    Oddly enough, mine is called The Pub. It's not nearby me per se, it's probably halfway between home and work. It's great for some cocktails, then enter dining room for an awesome dinner.

http://www.thepubnj.com/photos/bar/bar4_vqjr.html

http://www.thepubnj.com/photos/kitchen/grill1_fqps.html
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    It's not really a pub, but my friends and I enjoy Paninnis bar and grill. Good food, drinks and great live bands every Friday and Saturday nights.
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    I used to be able to ride my bike to downtown Lake Worth. Its a grungy old town, but it has a lot of character. In the middle of downtown, there is an intersection with an irish pub, a sports bar, an open aired beachy type bar called I-Gots, and a Rotelli. There's a lot of foot traffic and wacky folks in the area, so I dig it. And a block away is Propaganda, the local original music hole. I love the dive bars mostly..

And the best dive bar is called Harry's Banana Farm. :lol: No kidding.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)

:think:
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217

:think:

:mrgreen: I was suspect at first, but it turns out the owner just called it Harry's Bar back in the 70s or something, and he wanted to sponsor a local sports/baseball team, but they wouldnt let him because they didnt want 'bar' on the kids jerseys. So he changed it Harry's Banana Farm, just to be a smart ass. Its not a gay bar.

They also are famous for their witty statements on the sign out front, here's one:

5561067642_a5aa7bc7bd.jpg
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • cubBEE_girlcubBEE_girl Posts: 3,365
    81 wrote:

#fact

nothing good in the neighborhood. :x
    I lost a bet...
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    The Black Rock is literally a block away. Good beer selection and very good food. A nice neighborhood type of place.

http://blackrockbar.com

My favorite has to be Finley Dunne's which is only 2-3 blocks away. Decent beer selection and food. A great place to go to watch a game, especially Blackhawks games.

http://www.finleydunnes.com

There are way too many bars in this area for me to walk to. That can get dangerous at times. :lol::lol:
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    The Grove in Locust Grove, great Southern Rock bands, JB loves the chili.
    Wild and friendly.

Taco Mac, Stockbridge which I hear is getting a National make over.
    Good wings, good service, friendly bar. Minutes from the house.

La Parilla McDonough, acoustic duo do Pearl Jam! Bartenders, way fun with little cute pitchers
    of red house wine for me :D Good cheese dip extra spinach too.

The Bridge Grill and Pub in Stockbridge, a customer of ours and great fresh oysters
    and bottles to choose from.

The Irish Bred, fun old timers doing karaoke on Sunday nights, decent bar food
    and great for St. Patty's season :mrgreen:

I miss the hole in the wall, on every corner, bars of Milwaukee. Hard to impossible to find here.
    Most all are restaurants, think a certain amount of sales must be food.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    I guess I consider "The local pub" a walkable bar. Nothing really around me. There is one, but it's a much, much older crowd and very much not fun.
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329

Yep, heading down for lunch. Sent the message to the wife. Now I'll try and get home before midnight.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • supadupasupadupa Posts: 377
    My bar is Atlas. The crowd skews a bit older (I live in a college town, and many bars are overrun with kids). It's slightly hipster, but not annoyingly so. The drinks aren't overpriced. On weekends they have a DJ who plays a variety of stuff from the 70's, 80's, and 90's, on vinyl. And it's a less than 10 minute walk from my house.
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    My favorite is this place called Clifford's, which we call the J because it used to be called Jester's. Total shitbag hole-in-the-wall dump, most definitely doesn't have a website :lol:

Highlights:
    Internet jukebox
    Plenty of mullets & long-hairs
    $3 you-call-its on Fridays and Mondays
    NEVER packed
    They let you order pizza to the place since they don't have food
    They make their cocktails so they're about 3/4 liquor :mrgreen:

The people that come to this place are the complete dregs of society and I LOVE it. Every now and again, my girlfriends and I will take a hooky day and get there at 8am for a day marathon. People will already be there in their pajamas.

I'm going tonight :D
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    What's your favorite drinking spot in your town, city, area????

And what makes it your favorite?

my sofa. that is where my TV is. I make my own drinks, my own snacks. And normally the other patrons are awesome