Ever Walk Out of a Movie Theater?

13»

Comments

• Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388

I am from N.Y. like all guys/(and women i would hope) you take on your father's team, to me this is the only insentive to have a child.

:lol::lol::lol: Fair enough!

Speaking of children and movie theaters. Please people...enough with bringing babies to the movies! That's enough to make me walk out.
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,197
    I don't go to the movies i just buy the bootleg of 'em and watch at home :lol::lol:
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Jason P wrote:
    SK359828 wrote:
    Does voluntarily falling asleep during a movie count?

If so, Lord of the Rings.
    A pox upon you!!!

:nono:

Ha. I know. I really wanted to see the movie, and have since wanted to give it another go, but for some reason while I was in the theater...
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023; MSG 1 2024
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,675
    81 wrote:

and blair witch.

That movie was such a piece of crap.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • curlygirly9curlygirly9 Posts: 1,872
    Bowfinger

I can't believe how many people hate this movie, or haven't seen it. I LOVE it.
    Rose Garden Arena - Nov 02, 2000, Key Arena - Oct 22, 2001, Key Arena - Dec 08, 2002, Key Arena - Dec 09, 2002, Clark County Amphitheater - Sep 26, 2009
  • something about mary
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    Twice. Once in Ireland when watching 'First Knight' - King Arthur film. It was utter shite.

And the second time was in China when watching 'Inception' - A total rip-off of David Cronenbourg's 1983 film 'Videodrome'.
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    LloydXmas wrote:
    Once for me.

Girl Interupted. Worst fing movie I've ever seen.

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt0172493/

7.2/10

That's not too bad

I have not ever left a movie. They cost too much money for me to just leave.
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    something about mary

:shock:
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    I wanted to walk out of Meet the Parents. Only because my father in law was a bigger asshole than Bobby D's character
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    A couple of times, the first Batman movie, it was too dark, couldn't see a damn thing

another time was when I brought my nephews to see some witch movie, my youngest nephew was too scared, so we left and walked across to the mall while the other two stuck it out with my sister.
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    i walked out of hollywoodland and the bloack dahlia- shite films
  • cubBEE_girlcubBEE_girl Posts: 3,365
    81 wrote:

blair witch.

A friend and I decided we had had enough of the office one day while we were at lunch and decided to go see this movie instead of going back to work. It wasn't a great movie but it was better than being at work. Nobody even knew we were gone. :? :lol:
    I lost a bet...
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    Jason P wrote:
    Fire Walker

All of them were came out in '86 except King Soomans Mines (1985). That said, '86 was a kick ass year for movies. You had

Top Gun
    Platoon
    Stand by Me
    One Crazy Summer (I think I've seen that movie 146 times)
    The Wraith
    Cobra
    Three Amigos
    Back to School
    The Golden Child (remember when eddie was funny?)
    Ferris Bueller's Day Off
    Armed and Dagerous
    The Delta Force
    Transformers the Movie
    Maximum Overdrive
    Aliens
    Flight of the Navigator
    Running Scared
    Short Circuit
    Big Trouble in Little China
    Highlander
    Hoosiers
    Raw Deal
    Iron Eagle
    The Money Pit

Spacecamp also came out that year, and while not a classic, it reminded me of when it was every kids dream to go to spacecamp. I don't think that is the case today ...

Wow, I have seen every one of those, most multiple times. Especially the glory that is
    220px-Big_Trouble_in_Little_China_Film_Poster.jpg
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    Jason P wrote:
    Fire Walker

All of them were came out in '86 except King Soomans Mines (1985). That said, '86 was a kick ass year for movies. You had

Top Gun
    Platoon
    Stand by Me
    One Crazy Summer (I think I've seen that movie 146 times)
    The Wraith
    Cobra
    Three Amigos
    Back to School
    The Golden Child (remember when eddie was funny?)
    Ferris Bueller's Day Off
    Armed and Dagerous
    The Delta Force
    Transformers the Movie
    Maximum Overdrive
    Aliens
    Flight of the Navigator
    Running Scared
    Short Circuit
    Big Trouble in Little China
    Highlander
    Hoosiers
    Raw Deal
    Iron Eagle
    The Money Pit

Spacecamp also came out that year, and while not a classic, it reminded me of when it was every kids dream to go to spacecamp. I don't think that is the case today ...

Wow, I have seen every one of those, most multiple times. Especially the glory that is
    220px-Big_Trouble_in_Little_China_Film_Poster.jpg

"Who's Jack Burton?"

"ME"
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,835
    Kenneth Branagh's Frankenstein.

I sat through a good deal of it (sighing very heavily and scoffing at how awful it was throughout, I'm sure), but when Victor brought Elizabeth back to life, I stood up, shouted "WHAT!?!" at the screen, and left the theatre.

Mary Shelley deserves better.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,675
    something about mary

That one confuses me also.
    I actually laughed myself out of my seat and onto the theater floor during the musical montage (History Repeating) after Stiller's fight with Puffy.
    The sight of the dog in a body cast still cracks me up.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    dankind wrote:

I sat through a good deal of it (sighing very heavily and scoffing at how awful it was throughout, I'm sure), but when Victor brought Elizabeth back to life, I stood up, shouted "WHAT!?!" at the screen, and left the theatre.

Funny - cause I was thinking of that Kenneth Branagh Hitchcock-like-but-crappy movie with his then wife Emma Thompson. I almost walked out, but stayed. I remember some old man in the audience yelled out, "He's going to kill her with the pillow." And everybody laughed.

It was awful. Dead Again? I think that's the name.
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,835
    Enkidu wrote:
    dankind wrote:

Funny - cause I was thinking of that Kenneth Branagh Hitchcock-like-but-crappy movie with his then wife Emma Thompson. I almost walked out, but stayed. I remember some old man in the audience yelled out, "He's going to kill her with the pillow." And everybody laughed.

It was awful. Dead Again? I think that's the name.

Branagh blows.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Poncier wrote:
    something about mary

That one confuses me also.
    I actually laughed myself out of my seat and onto the theater floor during the musical montage (History Repeating) after Stiller's fight with Puffy.
    The sight of the dog in a body cast still cracks me up.

I know a lot of people like this one, it just seemed really unfunny at the time. The person i was with wanted to leave as well.