Ever Walk Out of a Movie Theater?

Comments

• BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    never, i once saw a movie called "Jake Speed" when i was 12, AWFUL, i was 12, i stayed, dammit i stayed.
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    me and a group of ppl once walked out of the royal tennenabaums. we were in high school and thought it was stupid. now, it's one of my all time favorite movies

my gf and i walked out of nacho libre. that was a terrible POS of a movie.
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    I've walked out of every movie theater I've ever gone to
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    BinFrog wrote:
    I've walked out of every movie theater I've ever gone to
    :fp: :fp: :lol::lol:
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    should have left troy early

and blair witch.

i did leave ET early.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • cubBEE_girlcubBEE_girl Posts: 3,365
    No, but I fell asleep watching Gladiator...can't stand Russell Crowe.
    I lost a bet...
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    thank goodness I didn't spend money for tickets in the theater, but I turned off Inglorias Basturds part way through, what a terrible movie that was, just painful to try to watch. I think it was a Netflix DVD, so didn't set me back too much

even in Master and Commander? or Javert in Les Mis?
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    never, i once saw a movie called "Jake Speed" when i was 12, AWFUL, i was 12, i stayed, dammit i stayed.
    I remember seeing that movie. Did the bad guy have a lion pit that victims slid down into? Or am I thinking about Allan Quatermain and the Lost City of Gold?
    I spent money on the ticket - i'm sticking it out till the end!

darned right!
  • cubBEE_girlcubBEE_girl Posts: 3,365

even in Master and Commander? or Javert in Les Mis?

I haven't seen either of those because well, I can't stand Russell Crowe. :lol: Also, I can't stand Anne Hathaway and I'm not a big fan of musicals, so won't be seeing Les Mis ever. :lol:
    I lost a bet...
    Jason P wrote:
    I remember seeing that movie. Did the bad guy have a lion pit that victims slid down into? Or am I thinking about Allan Quatermain and the Lost City of Gold?

i dont know i get them confused as well, probably the same year, if it wasnt King Solomans Mines? then there was one with Chuck Norris and the black guy from Iron Eagle.
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    Well once but it wasn't because the movie was bad. I took my son to see Cars 2. When the previews came on I was a little surprised by the movies they were previewing before a Pixar film. Then came a rated R preview for Friends with Benefits and they started to talk about blow jobs as we were walking out. We were in the correct theater. They put on the wrong movie on and were never able to correct it. We got a free movie voucher.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    What?
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    thank goodness I didn't spend money for tickets in the theater, but I turned off Inglorias Basturds part way through, what a terrible movie that was, just painful to try to watch. I think it was a Netflix DVD, so didn't set me back too much
    Double what?
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    House on Haunted Hill ... one too scary...
    so were the few old men we shared the theatre with (creepy) who were seemingly
    enjoying the torture scenes.
    Not sure how my 13 year old daughter at the time ever got me to the theatre in the first place.
    I must have been much braver back in '99. I'm a kids movie fan through and through.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

what'd that run you, 5 months of netflix payments. :P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Jason P wrote:

i dont know i get them confused as well, probably the same year, if it wasnt King Solomans Mines? then there was one with Chuck Norris and the black guy from Iron Eagle.
    Fire Walker

All of them were came out in '86 except King Soomans Mines (1985). That said, '86 was a kick ass year for movies. You had

Top Gun
    Platoon
    Stand by Me
    One Crazy Summer (I think I've seen that movie 146 times)
    The Wraith
    Cobra
    Three Amigos
    Back to School
    The Golden Child (remember when eddie was funny?)
    Ferris Bueller's Day Off
    Armed and Dagerous
    The Delta Force
    Transformers the Movie
    Maximum Overdrive
    Aliens
    Flight of the Navigator
    Running Scared
    Short Circuit
    Big Trouble in Little China
    Highlander
    Hoosiers
    Raw Deal
    Iron Eagle
    The Money Pit

Spacecamp also came out that year, and while not a classic, it reminded me of when it was every kids dream to go to spacecamp. I don't think that is the case today ...
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    This is why we don't go to movie theatres anymore - overpriced to get in, overpriced to snack, cramped in with other people who act like they're at home...and most films these days blow.

(plus we can't pause the film for pee breaks or hit the bong whenever we want :mrgreen: )

We did once walk out of a regular theatre though...a play. They thought their dialogue was provocative, but it was just cheesy and melodramatic.

Talk about an awkward exit. Even the "actors" paused and watched us leave.

Good times!

(edit to Jason P - Big Trouble in Little China - kickass? Really? :P )
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Jason P wrote:
    Driven - Very disappointing considering it featured two of my favorite things ... Sly Stallone and Indy Cars

i watched the whole thing through tears of laughter...best part, i saw it with a former indy car driver who couldn't decide whether to laugh or cry...god, that's a shitty movie :fp: :lol::lol:
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388

:shock: :shock: :shock: OMG I was in tears!!! TEARS!!! And Joaquin...mmmmm

I walked out of Magnolia. I wouldn't wish that piece of crap on my worst enemy :nono:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    No, but wish I had: Green Mile and Thin Red Line. Terrible movies.

You walked out of The Green Mile??!!!! That's almost as bad as making out during Schindler's List!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    No, but wish I had: Green Mile and Thin Red Line. Terrible movies.

You walked out of The Green Mile??!!!! That's almost as bad as making out during Schindler's List!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

maybe it's a color thing?
    I remember now, Vanilla Sky. Just awful.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • JK_Livin wrote:
    I remember now, Vanilla Sky. Just awful.

Another Tom Cruise flick, Eyes Wide Shut.. I didnt leave. I should have, but I'm one of those people who just cant give up on things. I'll sit through a pure shit storm, just hoping for an ounce of something good. During Eyes Wide shut, people were walking out, literally yelling at the screen. I was laughing at them.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    Jason P wrote:

Fire Walker

All of them were came out in '86 except King Soomans Mines (1985). That said, '86 was a kick ass year for movies. You had

Top Gun
    Platoon
    Stand by Me
    One Crazy Summer (I think I've seen that movie 146 times)
    The Wraith
    Cobra
    Three Amigos
    Back to School
    The Golden Child (remember when eddie was funny?)
    Ferris Bueller's Day Off
    Armed and Dagerous
    The Delta Force
    Transformers the Movie
    Maximum Overdrive
    Aliens
    Flight of the Navigator
    Running Scared
    Short Circuit
    Big Trouble in Little China
    Highlander
    Hoosiers
    Raw Deal
    Iron Eagle
    The Money Pit

Spacecamp also came out that year, and while not a classic, it reminded me of when it was every kids dream to go to spacecamp. I don't think that is the case today ...[/quote]

Sweet Jesus what a year, and all the movie sites i go to talk about how 82 was the golden year, not that it wasn't great,but look at 86? and my Giants won the SuperBowl!!!

Sweet Jesus what a year, and all the movie sites i go to talk about how 82 was the golden year, not that it wasn't great,but look at 86? and my Giants won the SuperBowl!!!

Wait. You're a Giants fan?

Now that avatar offends me.
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    NY_Giants_NewLogo_2000.gif
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
    Mamasan23 wrote:

Wait. You're a Giants fan?

Now that avatar offends me.

I am from N.Y. like all guys/(and women i would hope) you take on your father's team, to me this is the only insentive to have a child.
    BinFrog wrote:
    NY_Giants_NewLogo_2000.gif

This Guy^^^ :D