edited February 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
i gotta go with

hcs-o-m.gif
81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I'm a TruckI'm a Truck Posts: 3,508
    First game versus the Pirates 1988. Still have the stub. Just remember how great the hot dogs were.
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    1st stick of gum I ever chewed. Those were the days.
  • Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    cubs vs phills..must have been 82 or 83..fergie vs carlton..my memory was going with my dad..the ivy.and the ice cream..was 6

I am glad i did remember the pitching matchup since they all both hofers..I also just came accross this from wiki..

"Later that year, during a customs search in Toronto, Jenkins was found possessing 3.0 grams cocaine, 2.2 grams hashish, and 1.75 grams marijuana."

Looks like personal amounts..1980
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    81 wrote:
    i gotta go with

hcs-o-m.gif

Is that mike greenberg far right? :lol:
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Bus from the hotel with a large group for the game. Nice pre-party. Took a leak before getting on the bus and foolishly drank another 4 beers in the horrid traffic on the way into the city for the game. My first memory of seeing Wrigley was hobbling as quickly as I could from the bus to the nearest restroom.
    "Hey, there is Wrigley! Cool! If I dont find a head soon I am going to have wet legs."
    :lol:
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    81 wrote:
    i gotta go with

hcs-o-m.gif

dude! totally remember that.

being from philly and thinking everything philly is far superior than anything else...my first memory is seeing wrigley on tv and thinking it wasn't as nice as veterans stadium because... it didn't have astroturf.... :fp: :lol:

ladies and gentlemen, an 8 year old juggler :wave:
    www.myspace.com
  • Still no luck with tickets, huh?
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • catalina-avalonscenic.JPG
  • cubBEE_girlcubBEE_girl Posts: 3,365
    When I was 5 years old we used to live in walking distance from Wrigley. That summer my grandpa took care of me a lot while my parents were at work. So, a couple times a week my grandpa and I would walk to Wrigley to catch a game (this was before ticket prices became ridiculous and you could just show up right before the game and still get tickets from the box office). He'd always get me a popcorn (sometimes if I was lucky, I'd get some cotton candy) and get himself a couple of beers and a scorecard. He would tell me about the history of the park, about the ivy, about the scoreboard, about what it was like when he played there when he was on the Bears, he'd explain the game to me, why he liked and didn't like certain players (I absorbed as much as a 5 year old could). Spending the afternoons at Wrigley watching the Cubs with my grandpa are some of my best childhood memories. So, when I go to games now, I will get myself a couple of beers and a scorecard and think of that time spent with my grandpa.
    I lost a bet...
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    When I was 5 years old we used to live in walking distance from Wrigley. That summer my grandpa took care of me a lot while my parents were at work. So, a couple times a week my grandpa and I would walk to Wrigley to catch a game (this was before ticket prices became ridiculous and you could just show up right before the game and still get tickets from the box office). He'd always get me a popcorn (sometimes if I was lucky, I'd get some cotton candy) and get himself a couple of beers and a scorecard. He would tell me about the history of the park, about the ivy, about the scoreboard, about what it was like when he played there when he was on the Bears, he'd explain the game to me, why he liked and didn't like certain players (I absorbed as much as a 5 year old could). Spending the afternoons at Wrigley watching the Cubs with my grandpa are some of my best childhood memories. So, when I go to games now, I will get myself a couple of beers and a scorecard and think of that time spent with my grandpa.

That's a sweet story.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • supadupasupadupa Posts: 377
    I remember that my knees got very badly sunburned there. And the Cubs lost.
  • When I was 5 years old we used to live in walking distance from Wrigley. That summer my grandpa took care of me a lot while my parents were at work. So, a couple times a week my grandpa and I would walk to Wrigley to catch a game (this was before ticket prices became ridiculous and you could just show up right before the game and still get tickets from the box office). He'd always get me a popcorn (sometimes if I was lucky, I'd get some cotton candy) and get himself a couple of beers and a scorecard. He would tell me about the history of the park, about the ivy, about the scoreboard, about what it was like when he played there when he was on the Bears, he'd explain the game to me, why he liked and didn't like certain players (I absorbed as much as a 5 year old could). Spending the afternoons at Wrigley watching the Cubs with my grandpa are some of my best childhood memories. So, when I go to games now, I will get myself a couple of beers and a scorecard and think of that time spent with my grandpa.

Awesome story
  • Love Catalina and forgot about the Wrigley connection until you posted this.
    catalina-avalonscenic.JPG
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    unfortunately, I don't have one :(

but when you post the one about Fenway, I'm all over it :lol:
    81 wrote:

That's a sweet story.

agreed. i love stuff like that. baseball is awesome.
    www.myspace.com
  • Love Catalina and forgot about the Wrigley connection until you posted this.

Catalina is one of the chillest places I've ever been to.

Stores open from 9 AM to "?"

Love Catalina and forgot about the Wrigley connection until you posted this.

Catalina is one of the chillest places I've ever been to.

Stores open from 9 AM to "?"

ever go to their wine mixer?
    www.myspace.com
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Randy Johnson Gem in 98. Sat behind home plate a few rows up
    Great story!

Way better than mine and hot dogs.... :fp:
    Great story!

I don't know about that...the hot dogs are pretty good there. :lol::lol:
    I lost a bet...
  • When I was 5 years old we used to live in walking distance from Wrigley. That summer my grandpa took care of me a lot while my parents were at work. So, a couple times a week my grandpa and I would walk to Wrigley to catch a game (this was before ticket prices became ridiculous and you could just show up right before the game and still get tickets from the box office). He'd always get me a popcorn (sometimes if I was lucky, I'd get some cotton candy) and get himself a couple of beers and a scorecard. He would tell me about the history of the park, about the ivy, about the scoreboard, about what it was like when he played there when he was on the Bears, he'd explain the game to me, why he liked and didn't like certain players (I absorbed as much as a 5 year old could). Spending the afternoons at Wrigley watching the Cubs with my grandpa are some of my best childhood memories. So, when I go to games now, I will get myself a couple of beers and a scorecard and think of that time spent with my grandpa.
    Great story!

Better than a klements sausage?
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    th?id=H.4799708474444430&pid=15.1
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    Cool story! :D
    I started going to Cubs games when I was really young...3-4. I sorta remember them then but it wasn't until I was older that I started to appreciate the game. I just remember the smells, the food, the sounds...which is why I love Wrigley so much. The second I walk in there it just triggers all those memories.
    I became a baseball stat junkie at an early age too. Every game, I'd get a scorecard...god, I probably knew every Cubs statistic from 1987-2000. :lol:
    mca47 wrote:
    I started going to Cubs games when I was really young...3-4. I sorta remember them then but it wasn't until I was older that I started to appreciate the game. I just remember the smells, the food, the sounds...which is why I love Wrigley so much. The second I walk in there it just triggers all those memories.
    I became a baseball stat junkie at an early age too. Every game, I'd get a scorecard...god, I probably knew every Cubs statistic from 1987-2000. :lol:

Exactly...as soon as you walk in there all those childhood memories are triggered! I know Wrigley needs some help and some sprucing up, but I really just love it and it is one of my favorite places to be.
    I lost a bet...
  • You have no idea how lucky you guys are to have the opportunity to live so close to these ballparks

I'm jealous :lol:
    Great story!

Better than a klements sausage?

Yes, they know hot dogs at Wrigley.

• Yes, they know hot dogs at Wrigley.

Well, fuck!
    mca47 wrote:

Exactly...as soon as you walk in there all those childhood memories are triggered! I know Wrigley needs some help and some sprucing up, but I really just love it and it is one of my favorite places to be.
    Yeah, it def needs some renovations, I just hope they don't take it too far.
    While I love baseball and will go see any team play in any park, I just absolutely cannot stand most modern parks! Music blasting, commentator people on the jumbotron doing stupid games and whatnot between innings...it's like they have to keep people constantly entertained the second they walk in the park to the last pitch. F that! I'm there for the game and all that other shit annoys me to no end! Granted, we are in a time where we have to be constantly entertained (see smartphones, iPads, etc)....but why pay the money to go to a game if your staring at your damn phone the whole time?!?
    mca47 wrote:

Yeah, it def needs some renovations, I just hope they don't take it too far.
    While I love baseball and will go see any team play in any park, I just absolutely cannot stand most modern parks! Music blasting, commentator people on the jumbotron doing stupid games and whatnot between innings...it's like they have to keep people constantly entertained the second they walk in the park to the last pitch. F that! I'm there for the game and all that other shit annoys me to no end! Granted, we are in a time where we have to be constantly entertained (see smartphones, iPads, etc)....but why pay the money to go to a game if your staring at your damn phone the whole time?!?

Exactly!! I couldn't have said it better myself! :clap:
    I lost a bet...