Options

FS Avocado LP

clashmanclashman Posts: 320
edited February 2013 in Lost Dogs
Hi there,

have one near mint Avocado LP for sale, 250$ including shipping.....
PM me if interested- or mad ;) or both
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Sealed? Either way is that really what they're going for now?
  • Options
    tinz.tinz. Posts: 2,691
    Sealed? Either way is that really what they're going for now?

No! Amazon.com $199 + $2.50 shipping
    EV~Toronto Night 2 - 2008
    Toronto - 2009
    NYC Night 2 - 2010
    Toronto Night 2 - 2011
    Music Midtown, Atlanta - 2012
    London,ON - 2013
    Wrigley Field, Chicago - 2013
    Buffalo - 2013
    Charlottesville - 2013
    Charlotte - 2013
    Detroit - 2014
    Ottawa - 2016
    Toronto Night 1&2 - 2016
    Wrigley Field 1, Chicago - 2016
    EV~Dana Point CA - 2016
    Wrigley Field 1, Chicago - 2018
  • Options
    Lost Dogs=no eBay fees, no buyer protection, and hardly no background on the seller. So, why people come on here with these outrageous prices they got off eBay; and prey on our brothers (fellow members) is beyond me.
    Maybe you came on here uneducated. I doubt it though, since you got that number ($250) from eBay.
    This is only my opinion. Your used Avocado LP is overpriced. Do a bit more research and come here with a fair price. Don't count on buyers to do it for you and flood your Pm's with offers. That is not how this forum was set up to use. It's a members forum. Not for people to try and take advantage of passionate fans...
    Peace
    IT'S EVOLUTION BABY!!!!!
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    Lost Dogs=no eBay fees, no buyer protection, and hardly no background on the seller. So, why people come on here with these outrageous prices they got off eBay; and prey on our brothers (fellow members) is beyond me.
    Maybe you came on here uneducated. I doubt it though, since you got that number ($250) from eBay.
    This is only my opinion. Your used Avocado LP is overpriced. Do a bit more research and come here with a fair price. Don't count on buyers to do it for you and flood your Pm's with offers. That is not how this forum was set up to use. It's a members forum. Not for people to try and take advantage of passionate fans...
    Peace

Yeah that seems a bit high. You could at least throw in the shipping for that price! When you're already up to $250 what's another $10?
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    I'm a TruckI'm a Truck Milwaukee Posts: 3,508
    Peace
    It's just the way things are now. "Fair price" does not exist. Don't forget kids, bills, emergency. That seem to make it ok to overcharge people who love this bad. Just my two cents.

Good luck with your sale.
  • Options
    Peace

:clap:
  • Options
    AfghanTwilightAfghanTwilight Rochester, NY Posts: 835
    edited February 2013
    If the record wasn't a known valuable commodity, then no one would have any desire to own it -- and pricing would reflect that fact. While it's never good to price gouge out of the blue, it also isn't fair to expect someone to give a "Tom-Brady-is-a-Patriot until-he's-40" sort of break.

When people get so riled up, I have to wonder if they, in turn, would sell such an item for $100 less than the market shows its worth to collectors. There are some here who do just that (offering a nice discount), but they often don't bother getting upset at others for posting their desired prices. They simply ignore the thread.
    Post edited by AfghanTwilight on
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,144
    edited February 2013
    No hijack edit. 8-)
    Post edited by 2-feign-reluctance on
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    I'm a TruckI'm a Truck Milwaukee Posts: 3,508
    If the record wasn't a known valuable commodity, then no one would have any desire to own it -- and pricing would reflect that fact. While it's never good to price gouge out of the blue, it also isn't fair to expect someone to give a "Tom-Brady-is-a-Patriot until-he's-40" sort of break.

When people get so riled up, I have to wonder if they, in turn, would sell such an item for $100 less than the market shows its worth to collectors. There are some here who do just that (offering a nice discount), but they often don't bother getting upset at others for posting their desired prices. They simply ignore the thread.
    Sorry dude you are correct with people pointing this shit out. I do it too much and apolize.

Side note I've sold plenty of posters ect.... For what I paid for them not market price with no intention of making a dime. Just wish this was a true fan to fan experience.

Once again I'm sorry for the hyjack. And wish you the best of luck.
  • Options
    sorry dudes!
    but i am a passionate fan and the least thing is to take advantage of fans.....thats the price i had to pay for that...but i have to part with it- since i had to buy the entire cataloge from a guy, to get my missing vinyls. i´ll take shipping on me- thats all i can do.
  • Options
    PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,873
    Peace

i agree with you but i don't - the rules here are part of the problem in a way

people post high/ridiculous prices on here because of the rule that you need to post a price... so people start high and then wait for all the buyers to start negotiating their way down - negotiating 101

and you get buyer protection from PayPal same as you would ebay?

and if you're an "outsider" then you don't have 3 buddies who will come in and say "great prices" ;)
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,717
    nobody has a gun to anyones head making them buy this

If the OP can get it then fair play to him, if it doesnt sell then the market has spoken.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158

and if you're an "outsider" then you don't have 3 buddies who will come in and say "great prices" ;)
    hehehe.....feels great i m not alone here...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options

I'm not a passive aggressive person. I speak up and fought for my right too. I'm not a sit around and watch my brothers, whom may not know better, take a bath, kind of guy. If I don't speak for you, then why post? As you indicated to me. "Captainsaveahoe"?
    What's wrong with feeling "riled" up? Are you too cool for that emotion? When you see someone doing something you don't feel is right to your friends, you just turn the other cheek? Your comment ends up being clutter, because you're not really saying anything and you picked the wrong person to bully. Of course no ones making anyone do anything. It's the fact that we are supposed to be a community of brothers standing up against this sort of thing; not trying to justify it. We know it happens but why here? And if I were on here trying to sell things, the price would reflect many variables. It would not be 25% higher.
    IT'S EVOLUTION BABY!!!!!
  • Options
    AfghanTwilightAfghanTwilight Rochester, NY Posts: 835

I'm not a passive aggressive person. I speak up and fought for my right too. I'm not a sit around and watch my brothers, whom may not know better, take a bath, kind of guy. If I don't speak for you, then why post? As you indicated to me. "Captainsaveahoe"?
    What's wrong with feeling "riled" up? Are you too cool for that emotion? When you see someone doing something you don't feel is right to your friends, you just turn the other cheek? Your comment ends up being clutter, because you're not really saying anything and you picked the wrong person to bully. Of course no ones making anyone do anything. It's the fact that we are supposed to be a community of brothers standing up against this sort of thing; not trying to justify it. We know it happens but why here? And if I were on here trying to sell things, the price would reflect many variables. It would not be 25% higher.

You take this place way too seriously - or at least my specific post - in my opinion. :lol: Bullying? Please. I sometimes wonder what makes people tick as they do on the internet. Claiming the OP is pricing based on ebay, and now just above saying the price is 25% higher...where are the facts to prove these claims? If it's an emotive response on your part, then that's fine - but don't claim emotion as truth in all cases. If there's an established pattern of proof, then my kudos to you in spades for knowing the true market.

To the OP: I hope you sell this thing for two-fiddy. I own two copies, so i'm not in need of it and can't be of any help.
  • Options
    once again...sorry. had that price in mind...i am no bad guy....looked it up at discdogs....and then made a mistake to offer it here. people are getting mad at each other, no good thing.
  • Options
    You take this place way too seriously - or at least my specific post - in my opinion. :lol: Bullying? Please. I sometimes wonder what makes people tick as they do on the internet. Claiming the OP is pricing based on ebay, and now just above saying the price is 25% higher...where are the facts to prove these claims? If it's an emotive response on your part, then that's fine - but don't claim emotion as truth in all cases. If there's an established pattern of proof, then my kudos to you in spades for knowing the true market.

To the OP: I hope you sell this thing for two-fiddy. I own two copies, so i'm not in need of it and can't be of any help.

+1.....I am with Afghan on this. Posting a $250 price on this does nothing to this so called "community" we have on here. As always, I believe that people just need to relax. OP, I hope you sell this for $250 as well.
  • Options
    clashman wrote:
    once again...sorry. had that price in mind...i am no bad guy....looked it up at discdogs....and then made a mistake to offer it here. people are getting mad at each other, no good thing.

Hey if you paid $250 for it, you're one of those people to pay big amounts for this record! He's just trying to get what he paid for it... and he threw in free shipping. Someone is crazy enough to buy it probably. I saw one go for an insane amount on the bay a couple months ago... can't remember what it was but it almost made me want to sell mine. ;)
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

• Options
    If someone wants to buy it at $250, they will. If not.... The thread will die out. Nothing wrong with that. I have sold plenty of stuff that went in minutes, and others that say, and sat, and sat.

Either way, a deal will probably be worked out eventually so who am I to say if I personally don't like the price? And as for our fellow members getting ripped off.... If they can't do some basic research on what things sell for, then that's 100% their fault. :nono:

Good luck.
    '08- Camden 1-2   '09- Chicago 2; Spectrum 1-4
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '14- Denver   '16- Philly 1-2; MSG 2
    '17- Pilgrimage Music Fest (Eddie)
    '18- Fenway
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    If someone wants to buy it at $250, they will. If not.... The thread will die out. Nothing wrong with that. I have sold plenty of stuff that went in minutes, and others that say, and sat, and sat.

Either way, a deal will probably be worked out eventually so who am I to say if I personally don't like the price? And as for our fellow members getting ripped off.... If they can't do some basic research on what things sell for, then that's 100% their fault. :nono:

Good luck.

Agree with all said here.

I think this thread reflects why its easier to go and sell on ebay with some PJ stuff. People (whether they are interested in the item or not) have to complain about the price and then it affects the seller. Don't like the price, move on. No need to hijack the thread.
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    boyo79 wrote:

Good luck.

Agree with all said here.

I think this thread reflects why its easier to go and sell on ebay with some PJ stuff. People (whether they are interested in the item or not) have to complain about the price and then it affects the seller. Don't like the price, move on. No need to hijack the thread.

Nah. Free bumps are free bumps. Do you think anyone's comments actually stop someone that wants this from PM'ing the seller?

If I were a seller and got flamed like this, I'd just say thanks for the free bumps!!!

Kind of funny - it's like politics. The folks that claim they are in the right are the ones that are going to wind up getting the place shut down. Just let folks do what they want. If you want to mention that the price seems out of whack, go for it. We don't need the pontificating that goes along with it. Just state your piece, provide the free bump and move along.

Good luck to everyone!!! I hope you all get out of this thread what you came here for.

(I wonder if folks go into their local small store of any kind and rant at them for charging more than WalMart).
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525

(I wonder if folks go into their local small store of any kind and rant at them for charging more than WalMart).

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    You all know that if this was priced at $200 it'd have been gone by now. :lol:

When you start paying $200 for a record, what's $200 what's $250 heck what's $300+ which I think someone got for this on ebay a while back...

• Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,070

The lesson here, as in most situations in life, is that making a rational economic argument will get you irrationally yelled at.
  • Options
    Of The AggieOf The Aggie The ATX Posts: 1,494
    It's truly insane what these things are going for now. I picked up a sealed Avocado about 4 or so years ago on here for around $80. The cover got damaged during shipping, but the records played just fine and I have no intention of ever selling it, but $250 for a used one? Wow!
  • Options
    moretonbayfigmoretonbayfig Australia Posts: 805
    In LDs the difference between "great price" and "how could you rip off your fellow 10c members" is 5 friends ;)
    No need to abuse the OP :nono:
  • Options
    You all know that if this was priced at $200 it'd have been gone by now. :lol:

When you start paying $200 for a record, what's $200 what's $250 heck what's $300+ which I think someone got for this on ebay a while back...

About a month or two ago I had mine listed for 175 sealed w free shipping and it sat for over 2 weeks. I just got rid of it bc personally I don't like the album much and got it as part of a trade.

I guess you never can tell with these prices though.
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '18- Fenway
  • Options
    That being said, once the OP sells this please don't everyone start asking who and how much he sold it for. It doesn't matter!

Hate when I see those posts. Good luck.
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '18- Fenway
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    That being said, once the OP sells this please don't everyone start asking who and how much he sold it for. It doesn't matter!

Hate when I see those posts. Good luck.
    :lol::lol::lol: it doesnt matter??? :lol::lol::lol:

you know this sales create market,so some jump to the next sale and say great price,and some others put the next avocado at the same price or higher..

haha..it doesnt matter..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Ha, I guess I'm just getting grumpy recently. Must be the withdrawal of live shows. Once I hit that 6 month mark I start getting all crazy-like :!:

Anyways... Back to the sale
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '18- Fenway