Options

Silverchair frogstomp presale info

White DiscussionWhite Discussion Melissa Texas Posts: 2,812
edited February 2013 in Lost Dogs
Here's the link for the preorder if anyone is looking for it. $30 total not bad and you can get it on neon green or 180 gram black

http://www.shopradiocast.com/products/S ... -2XLP.html
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,144
    I haven't listened to this record since I was a teenager! Time to break it out!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,977
    What is the connection with Silverchair? There has to be a story here, I see them snuck into a lot of my eBay searches... I have their album, but that was so 20 years ago haha!

I'm not being rude either, I'm seriously out of the know.
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Options
    TyTy Posts: 1,007
    What is the connection with Silverchair? There has to be a story here, I see them snuck into a lot of my eBay searches... I have their album, but that was so 20 years ago haha!

I'm not being rude either, I'm seriously out of the know.

Probably no connection to PJ, but something some of us may be interested in. They are local heroes here in Newcastle. Good blokes, and I hope they get back together some time. If you (Americans, Europeans, etc.) are unfamiliar with their stuff in their later years, it is genius.
    PJ - Sydney 1998; Sydney 2003; Sydney, Melbourne, Newcastle 2006; Melbourne, Sydney 2009; Gold Coast, Melbourne, Sydney 2014.
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle, Sydney 2011; Sydney 2014.
  • Options
    Awesome, I would have missed this. Just made a huge purchase from them the other day.
    '08- Camden 1-2   '09- Chicago 2; Spectrum 1-4
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '14- Denver   '16- Philly 1-2; MSG 2
    '17- Pilgrimage Music Fest (Eddie)
    '18- Fenway
  • Options
    I'll wait 'til tomorrow to possibly buy it. I don't know what I do fat boy fat boyeee. :D
    Las Cruces, NM Pan Am Center September 14, 1995
    Albuquerque, NM Tingley Coliseum July 7, 1998
    New York City, NY MSG May 20, 2010
    Eddie Vedder Solo Albuquerque, NM November 9, 2012
    Wrigley Field July 19, 2013
    LA Nov. 23: 24, 2013
    Denver 10-22-14
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,218
    I love this album. I hadn't listened to it in years and this summer I met up with some friends in Waterton National Park to do a hike and the pulled in with Silverchair cranked right up. At first I laughed and them I remember how much I liked their first album. It was pretty damn good.

I'll sleep on this and maybe order a copy :)
  • Options
    No connection to PJ I just love this record & this is the 1st official release on vinyl in the USA. That neon green is gonna be cool & $30
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    So the neon green lp is not 180g?
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    I guess not but I got the neon anyways
    So the neon green lp is not 180g?
  • Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,769
    No connection to PJ I just love this record & this is the 1st official release on vinyl in the USA. That neon green is gonna be cool & $30

Does that mean that my original is an Aussie copy and not a US copy?
    It's on Murmur Records and is on green vinyl.

Great Album!

Make me want to.........
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    I could've sworn when they first came out they said pj had a HUGE influence on them.....but then again, who didn't at that time???
  • Options
    Oz JammerOz Jammer Posts: 9,858
    badbrains wrote:
    I could've sworn when they first came out they said pj had a HUGE influence on them.....but then again, who didn't at that time???

They were heavily influenced by Nirvana. Still a great album 18 years on, and pretty hard to believe that it was created by 3 14 year old kids.
  • Options
    TyTy Posts: 1,007
    Oz Jammer wrote:
    badbrains wrote:

They were heavily influenced by Nirvana. Still a great album 18 years on, and pretty hard to believe that it was created by 3 14 year old kids.

Actually, a big factor as to why they signed with Sony was the label guys who started Murmur and then managed them (John Watson), promised them rare PJ CD's, ha! They also took them down to see PJ in Sydney in 1995 as part of the deal. Jeff Ament once attended a show in SF back in the late 90's. PJ was a big influence on them back then. Dan used to have "Animal" written on his army jacket. But due to his voice sounding kinda similar they started to mention bands like Helmet to distance themselves from the reference. Definitely more PJ than Nirvana. I have kinda known the guys since high school, living close and being the same age and all.
    PJ - Sydney 1998; Sydney 2003; Sydney, Melbourne, Newcastle 2006; Melbourne, Sydney 2009; Gold Coast, Melbourne, Sydney 2014.
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle, Sydney 2011; Sydney 2014.
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,717
    Ty wrote:
    Oz Jammer wrote:
    badbrains wrote:

Actually, a big factor as to why they signed with Sony was the label guys who started Murmur and then managed them (John Watson), promised them rare PJ CD's, ha! They also took them down to see PJ in Sydney in 1995 as part of the deal. Jeff Ament once attended a show in SF back in the late 90's. PJ was a big influence on them back then. Dan used to have "Animal" written on his army jacket. But due to his voice sounding kinda similar they started to mention bands like Helmet to distance themselves from the reference. Definitely more PJ than Nirvana. I have kinda known the guys since high school, living close and being the same age and all.

really interesting Ty

personally was always a fan of the earlier Silverchair records than the later ones, Dans experimental stuff never really worked for me. although i did wierdly enjoy the dissociatives.
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Ty wrote:
    Oz Jammer wrote:
    badbrains wrote:

Ya that's what I remember hearing back then to. :D
  • Options
    sonnasonna Posts: 377
    Sweet thanks a lot for the heads up. Will grab one of these on pay day if they're still about.

I loved SC growing up. Was my first ever gig back in '97. Great times.
    29/05/2000
    17/08/2009
    22/06/2010
    23/06/2010
    20/06/2012
    21/06/2012
    08/07/2014
  • Options
    AfghanTwilightAfghanTwilight Rochester, NY Posts: 835
    I read years ago that Black Sabbath was a major player in their sound and influenced the early stuff quite a bit. I liked them back in the day, but their sound felt too manufactured to me. The later stuff, especially Young Modern and Diorama remain some of the best rock music available today. If you had never listened to anything beyond the first record and someone played Young Modern for you, you wouldn't have a clue who the band was - and the change is nothing short of amazing.

Daniel has had some real personal demons to work through in life as I undersand it, and it was amazing to me the band kept going as long as it did.
  • Options
    sonnasonna Posts: 377
    Wasn't a fan of YM (apart from the first couple of tracks). I feel their music went completely off course when Paul Mac started to have more involvement in the band.

Neon Ballroom however is a great album.
    29/05/2000
    17/08/2009
    22/06/2010
    23/06/2010
    20/06/2012
    21/06/2012
    08/07/2014
  • Options
    evsgjammevsgjamm Posts: 2,103
    i FREAKing love Silverchair. Huge influence on me when I was starting to play guitar. My highschool buddies and I formed a band and we rocked out to as much SC as we could. Great memories. Thanks for the heads up link.

BODY 'n SOUL.... IIIII'm A FREEAK.... III'M A FREEEeeeak. FREAK! (duhn nuh nuh, duhn nuh nuh, duhn... nuh nuh nuh)
    Vancouver '03, Paramount Theatre '05, Saskatoon '05, Calgary '05, Edmonton '05, Saskatoon '11, Calgary '11, Calgary '13

2010 WATCH IT GO TO FIRE!!
  • Options
    nostackedvinylnostackedvinyl Maine Posts: 857
    great album. may have to jump on this
    it's a fragile thing, this life we lead.

05/24/06, 06/28/08, 06/30/08, 05/17/10, 09/07/11, 09/11/11, 09/12/11, 09/14/11, 09/15/11, 10/15/13, 10/16/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/25/13, 10/27/13, 05/05/16, 05/08/16, 08/07/16, 09/02/18

ev: 06/15/11