Options

***Official Realtime Feedback Thread***

Released1980Released1980 Posts: 1,790
edited February 2013 in Lost Dogs
Enough of the call outs and good traders/buyers/sellers getting raked. Like alot have mentioned lately, and rightly so this forum is pretty damn close to being shut down. But the one thing I have seen mentioned that I disagree with is that WE CAN police ourselves. With "Realtime Feedback" we can ALL watch each others backs without having to derail someone's thread, start a fight and further risk the future of the Lost Dogs forum. This forum has SO many great things going on all the time. But recently its been overwhelmed with a whole lot o BS. The A+ Traders list is a very good tool but as some have said, who the fuck can really trust it? How does someone really know they are not gonna get screwed over by a Red/Bolded member? What makes a Red/Bolded member any better than someone who just joined or is just not on it? With Realtime Feedback anyone that is currently trading/buying with someone else can just post here what's going down and how its going.. No need for details of who's getting what and for how much.. Just who's selling and who's buying posted by both parties. Once the deal is done and both parties are happy, just post back that all went well or it went to shit (When a deal is complete, each party edit their respective posts with blue-"positive" or red- "negative")then boom.. We have a track record of a sale from 2 members from start to finish. As time goes on we will ALL have a real tool to utilize when deciding if someone is worth dealing with, how long a person takes to ship, how well does a person package an item, etc. If I'm about to make a trade with someone I just check the feedback thread, if there is no feedback then its up to me, I either dont make the deal and move on or take my chances. I post that I will be dealing with so and so as of such and such a date, and ask does anyone have any info for me on him/her ? This thread is strictly to speak to buying/selling/trading merch, please dont post some nasty shit about someone just cuz ya dont like them, or that he or she is trustworthy just cuz YOU know them..Post what is asked if ya have an answer. Also, and this is just my opinion, not my rule bc if it were i would've broken it a thousand times by now :lol: , but be sure to NOT to automatically pay via gift anymore peeps.. Paying via Paypal gift is for Grails/Raffles and FRIENDS you can really trust. Not for a random person selling a backpack from Okinawa! (No offense to my Japanese backpacking friends) ;) If someone else here has some info about a seller mentioned then they can pm the buyer about what they should be aware of before taking any further action. Remember, the PM button is your friend. It's not a thread to bash people and talk shit, its actually a thread to prevent that from ever happening. If you're not familiar with someone who has made you an offer on an item you're ISO, just ask about them here in this thread. Keep it contained and keep it cordial. If a seller is reluctant to use Realtime Feedback, then the buyer should be reluctant to deal with that seller... It's just an idea and I'm sure it can use some tweaking. But as long as the mods allow and we can be somewhat civilized, I think we can keep this boat afloat..

Lets keep this forum intact, watch eachothers backs, and use Realtime Feedback!

Disclaimer*** I'm home and stoned and therefore felt inspired.
"It's so nice to hear that in other parts of the world, the stress- borne from envy- that one finds for themselves is the animosity they develop towards a person selling a box of records. How fortunate!" ~ Thirty Bills Unpaid

MLMF NYC
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    i feel good knowing that someone read me in this forum..

this isnt easy the whole you starting here buddy,cos all parts must update the status of the trade-sale,i know trust me,i begged people at Secret Santa thread to post when the package arrive..
    good luck,the only thing matter members dont rip 0ff others..i hope this shit stops..and keeps the forum open
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,050
    I read all of that 3 times Timmy and I have no idea what you said LOL. You work in a school district but don't teach right?! :)
    With that said, over at EB you have the tool to leave feedback or whatever on a transaction you made with someone. So maybe a solution for us here is for everyone to get on EB and then you can refer people to the feedback on yourself and check out the feedback of the trading partner before finalizing a deal. If everyone got an EB account and tried to keep their user names both here and there the same, it might be easier.
    Ok, I'm done. Now for you Timmy, I am still waiting for you to come visit down here in South Jersey!
    -EV
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,643
    So any trades/sales get entered here and updated when complete with record of how the transaction went?

Not sure I am too clear on the rules, not being stoned and all. ;) (I see EV had the same response!)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    jamburgerjamburger Posts: 1,775
    Doesn't ebay have some system similar to this?
  • Options

this isnt easy the whole you starting here buddy,cos all parts must update the status of the trade-sale,i know trust me,i begged people at Secret Santa thread to post when the package arrive..
    good luck,the only thing matter members dont rip 0ff others..i hope this shit stops..and keeps the forum open

;) I always read ya Dimi.. I squeeze your posts in between my horoscope and the weather everyday :lol:

It's always worth a try though... I'm just figuring this is a step in the right direction.. Or at least an attempt. If people don't wanna use it, that's fine. But if you have an opportunity to possibly prevent someone from screwing you over... Why not take it? ;)
    "It's so nice to hear that in other parts of the world, the stress- borne from envy- that one finds for themselves is the animosity they develop towards a person selling a box of records. How fortunate!" ~ Thirty Bills Unpaid

MLMF NYC
  • Options
    I read all of that 3 times Timmy and I have no idea what you said LOL. You work in a school district but don't teach right?! :)
    With that said, over at EB you have the tool to leave feedback or whatever on a transaction you made with someone. So maybe a solution for us here is for everyone to get on EB and then you can refer people to the feedback on yourself and check out the feedback of the trading partner before finalizing a deal. If everyone got an EB account and tried to keep their user names both here and there the same, it might be easier.
    Ok, I'm done. Now for you Timmy, I am still waiting for you to come visit down here in South Jersey!
    -EV

Dude.. If I were a teacher our youth would be FUCKED!

And...... 3 weeks ;)

MLMF NYC
  • Options
    So any trades/sales get entered here and updated when complete with record of how the transaction went?

Not sure I am too clear on the rules, not being stoned and all. ;) (I see EV had the same response!)

Pretty much.. It's not mandatory by any means.. Like who the fuck am I to tell people what to do with their $$ or belongings.. But if 2 people are making a deal and there's a tool in place to make them both feel more secure in their transaction, I think it beneficial. AND... If shit goes sour in a deal that was posted here, its all there for everyone to see.. No name calling, no pm posting, no threats of addresses and pictures getting posted. Just a plain as day record and documentation that User A screwed over User B and buyer beware...

I apologize for my rambling and TERRIBLE sentence structuring skills.. Lol, as Dave pointed out.. I work for the Bd Of Ed.. But I AIN'T no teacher. My ass dropped out at 16. They had to put me on payroll to get me to come back ;)

MLMF NYC
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158

;) I always read ya Dimi.. I squeeze your posts in between my horoscope and the weather everyday :lol:

It's always worth a try though... I'm just figuring this is a step in the right direction.. Or at least an attempt. If people don't wanna use it, that's fine. But if you have an opportunity to possibly prevent someone from screwing you over... Why not take it? ;)
    i agree,i support always someone try to do something good,and helps othes and this is to that direction
    good luck
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    I apologize for my rambling and TERRIBLE sentence structuring skills.. Lol, as Dave pointed out.. I work for the Bd Of Ed.. But I AIN'T no teacher. My ass dropped out at 16. They had to put me on payroll to get me to come back ;)

ah shit Tim, we love you for who you are and we love you for who your not. Plus, you are gonna be a movie star someday. I can just feel it...
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure if you were a teacher in 50 years our society would end up like the movie Idiocracy. :lol:
    '08- Camden 1-2   '09- Chicago 2; Spectrum 1-4
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '14- Denver   '16- Philly 1-2; MSG 2
    '17- Pilgrimage Music Fest (Eddie)
    '18- Fenway
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure if you were a teacher in 50 years our society would end up like the movie Idiocracy. :lol:

"Water? Like the kind in toilet bowls?".... ;)

MLMF NYC
  • Options

ah shit Tim, we love you for who you are and we love you for who your not. Plus, you are gonna be a movie star someday. I can just feel it...

8-) Shhhhh.. U too buddy ;)

MLMF NYC
  • Options
    jamburger wrote:
    Doesn't ebay have some system similar to this?

Yes... But I don't know how it if the powers that be can set that kind of shit up here.. That's a pretty extreme measure for the Tenclub forum.. Lol

MLMF NYC
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,643

Pretty much.. It's not mandatory by any means.. Like who the fuck am I to tell people what to do with their $$ or belongings.. But if 2 people are making a deal and there's a tool in place to make them both feel more secure in their transaction, I think it beneficial. AND... If shit goes sour in a deal that was posted here, its all there for everyone to see.. No name calling, no pm posting, no threats of addresses and pictures getting posted. Just a plain as day record and documentation that User A screwed over User B and buyer beware...

I like the idea.
    If you are down for a visit with Dave let me know, will meet you guys for a beer. I know Dave's limit is one but I will buy more if you will drink more. :lol:
  • Options

I like the idea.
    If you are down for a visit with Dave let me know, will meet you guys for a beer. I know Dave's limit is one but I will buy more if you will drink more. :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:
    You are going to need a 2nd mortgage if you are buyin Tim's drinks. And that doesn't even include if his wife comes to drink!! We got a Cherry Hill Welcome Home coming up in a few weeks...maybe we can time it so both of you can attend!
  • Options

:lol::lol::lol:
    You are going to need a 2nd mortgage if you are buyin Tim's drinks. And that doesn't even include if his wife comes to drink!! We got a Cherry Hill Welcome Home coming up in a few weeks...maybe we can time it so both of you can attend!

Let's do it. Just wrapping up the first mortgage, we close on Thursday, I move in on Sunday...been hectic. I think I can still afford drinks for a night though!
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,144
    Sounds like the preamble to a Lost Dogs Constitution 8-)
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Sounds like the preamble to a Lost Dogs Constitution 8-)

Shotgun stenographer!
    '08- Camden 1-2   '09- Chicago 2; Spectrum 1-4
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '14- Denver   '16- Philly 1-2; MSG 2
    '17- Pilgrimage Music Fest (Eddie)
    '18- Fenway
  • Options
    eldarion75eldarion75 Posts: 2,488
    Yeah I was a bit lost reading that too Tim, but it seems to be the same thing as what we have, no?

ill try reading a fourth time :)
  • Options
    eldarion75 wrote:
    Yeah I was a bit lost reading that too Tim, but it seems to be the same thing as what we have, no?

ill try reading a fourth time :)

Lol.. I know Dave.. I'm really not the best at conveying what I'm trying to say via text/type..

Just gonna let it die off for now and try and make something out of it someday when I can really figure it out ;)

After seeing your post against this fkn 5against guy, its just become like the pinnacle of ENOUGH ALREADY for me!! Lol..
    Between the Wrigley Bitching and the Call outs and all the other nonsense around here I wanna try and get something productive going here.. It boggles my mind sometimes when shit like this happens and it can be prevented. The threads that become bitchfests bc someone doesn't like someone else's asking price, or the ones that people demand to know who got the Benny and for how much make me laugh, and I could frankly give a fuck about them.. I'm not gonna call someone out if the ask for $5000 for a Benny! I'm just not gonna buy it. Simple.
    But seeing people getting screwed over and as a result having to worry about LD being shut down worries me and I want to do something that can at least prevent that shit from happening.

I'm scared of the AET & AMT crowd.... :lol: jk guys ;)

MLMF NYC