Options

EDDIE VEDDER SIGNED MICROPHONE QUESTION

troysp1troysp1 Posts: 412
edited February 2013 in Lost Dogs
I have an opportunity to purchase a signed EV Microphone that is mounted and framed with several pic's of Eddie. The cost will be $727.00 shipped to my home which includes the mounting.

I wanted to know if that seems fare, high, low, whatever? I think it may be a good deal, but on the border of not being worth it.

Thanks
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    jasonjason Posts: 468
    Sounds pretty sweet! If you have the funds I would go for it as I love stuff like that. I have no idea what the value of a signature is, but framed, pics, mic, thats gotta be 300 at least right there. Maybe a little high, but do what the gut says. Personally, I don't ever buy autographs. If me or a friend didn't get them, I don't want it. I have no idea where it came from, etc..... I like earning mine.

Also, if you ever had change of heart and wanted to resell the thing (why you would???) is there a letter of authenticity? I watch alot of Pawn Stars, but make sure its legit and not some dude making these in his basement.

Great purchase, hope it works out.

PS - I just dropped $100 for a green PJ jumpsuit, so that tells you where I am at.
  • Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    Do you have a picture of it.

First thing you want to be sure of, is it's authenticity.

As to the price. That is very high to me, but if it's worth it to you, then don't hold back.

It's not totally out of the realm of what I would expect an authentic piece like that to go for.
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    edited February 2013
    Paging pdalowsky :)

Price-wise, that's about what I almost paid for an unsigned one so I think that's a good deal but really you have to be comfortable paying that amount for it. Ultimately I decided not to buy the unsigned one because at the end of the day, these things only mean something to me if they were from a show I was at. I almost don't place any value in autographs but I do drop some money on autographed items for charity from time to time.

But enough about me. To answer your question, yes I think it's a good deal!

EDIT: however as the previous two posters said, please verify its authenticity. Paul can help.
    Post edited by Suziemay on
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,444
    I am not sure if I'd trust the authenticity of any autographed item not obtained by me in person, or by a trusted source.
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,717
    Would be happy to help as would Wilds

However Su May the one you nearly bought was stage used so that was special

This is likely just a mic someone thrust at Ed to sign ....
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    pdalowsky wrote:
    Would be happy to help as would Wilds

However Su May the one you nearly bought was stage used so that was special

This is likely just a mic someone thrust at Ed to sign ....
    People do that??? That makes no sense, I just assumed that it was a stage-used mike. Oops.