The Terrible Roommate Thread

peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
edited June 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
Ever had a shitty roommate?

I do, well... I did. He just came by yesterday and took a bunch of shit that he claims is his (maybe half of it is) and left.

This kid threw a temper tantrum like a little child, broke plates, pulled cords out of the wall...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i had a terrible room mate once. she was a stripper and didn't bring her stripper friends over or introduce me to them. :x
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,675
    81 wrote:
    i had a terrible room mate once. she was a stripper and didn't bring her stripper friends over or introduce me to them. :x

:lol:
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    I had the worst roommate for over 20 years, don't get me started....
  • Ever had a shitty roommate?

I do, well... I did. He just came by yesterday and took a bunch of shit that he claims is his (maybe half of it is) and left.

This kid threw a temper tantrum like a little child, broke plates, pulled cords out of the wall...

:evil: Damn rooomates! Ive got one that hogs the bathroom and eats my food.. damn wife! :lol: j/k

I have a few bad experiences too.. gotta think though... The very first one though was my first roomate that would bang his girlfriend on the top bunk of our bunkbeds. (only one room) :nono: and he left a bowl of mashed potatoes behind the TV one day.. I found them a few weeks/months later. So gross..
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    I lived with #thesister for 23 years. Don't even get me started :fp:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
    I've had decent luck with roommates. My first three from college were quiet and we got on pretty well. Then I moved in my senior year with a douche who thought a good idea would be to buy a bird. Idiot.

After living on my own for a few years, I moved in with a buddy of mine who owned a place. Piece of advice: Unless you're 100% sure they are not an a-hole, don't move into with someone who owns the place. My buddy's girlfriend (complete B) moved in after 6 months and made life a living hell. Then my buddy kicked his brother out of the house (and nearly came to blows) for really stupid reasons. I got my own apartment a month later.
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • JTHJTH Posts: 3,238
    Ever had a shitty roommate?
    Yes. And in the literal sense because he had a puppy that he was *ahem* training. The dog would shit in the house and the bastard wouldn't clean it up unless we told him to do it.

Had another roommate whose girlfriend moved in with us and when my other roommate and I decided that she should pay her share of the utilities (we weren't even asking for rent) she came after us with a broken wine bottle.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    I had three roommates in college...
    The first was in the dorm freshman year. Nice guy, but socially awkward. Oh, and I walked in on him wacking off....twice. :fp:
    Sophomore year was with this girl. She was....I repeat WAS a friend prior to living together. She was the worst! Complete B-word!
    After that was another friend. Good guy, but super messy, super lazy and he was a belligerent drunk.
    After college, it's just been me. I absolutely LOVE living by myself! :D
    i dated this girl who turned into a nut job after a few months of living together. :fp:

one day she locked herself in teh bathroom and pounded her head agaist the wall....although it could have been a fist. either way. :fp:

and then right at the very end, she thought it woudl be fun to call the cops of me for something. :fp: i think she claimed i hit her or something. i don't remember. after she called, i said fuck it and went out to tinker on my car and wait. obviously, nothing ever came of it...but still. :fp:

it was fun watching her family help move her shit out. :lol: i sat on the couch watching tv as they moved her shit out.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    mca47 wrote:
    I absolutely LOVE living by myself! :D

i miss those days. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • One summer in college I lived with 4 other guys and 2 dogs in a 3BR Apt in Long Beach.
    I hated one of the guys with a passion - almost smacked him a dozen times but luckily he was a pacifist and so he walked away every time I told him that I wanted to punch him.

The worst thing he did -- I had a 1/2 oz of crappy green (really, brown) that I kept in the freezer as a back up. Everyone knew it. I shared the good stuff which we usually had a little of around. One day mid-summer we go for the backup and it was all gone. What did this piece of shit say when I asked him about it? Oh, I have been taking some of that every day as I didn't want to bother you and ask for the good stuff. He had finished it - that is a lot to 'borrow' without asking! Looking back on it I have no idea how my 21 year old self didn't beat the shit out of him right there.

Never put 5 guys and 2 dogs in a 3BR. Even for a summer!

Also, not a good idea to live in a fraternity house unless you can roll with the punches. Always several 'bad' roommates.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • 81 wrote:

She was using you

Maybe that isn't a bad thing
  • Mamasan23 wrote:
    I lived with #thesister for 23 years. Don't even get me started :fp:

Yum
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    edited April 2013
    nevermind...it wasn't a good story
    Post edited by RKCNDY on
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • I had a roomate that smoked everything in the house. He bought that anarchist cookbook and we smoked banana peels. We got so drunk in the process, that we couldnt tell if it worked.

This same roommate farted in an empty 2 liter cola bottle for a few weeks and capped it each time, then one day he surprised our other roommate and squeezed it in his face. I've never seen a persons face go green so fast. It was funny but really terrible. Same roommate also trimmed his toenails and constantly added them to a big zip lock bag and stuck it to the refrigerator. I just didnt want to ask. He also popped that bag in the other roommates face.. these were all pranks but pretty disgusting.

I had another roommate who just walked around naked all the time and I'd catch him whacking it in the living room to espn workout videos. That was awkward.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • I had a roomate that smoked everything in the house. He bought that anarchist cookbook and we smoked banana peels. We got so drunk in the process, that we couldnt tell if it worked.

This same roommate farted in an empty 2 liter cola bottle for a few weeks and capped it each time, then one day he surprised our other roommate and squeezed it in his face. I've never seen a persons face go green so fast. It was funny but really terrible. Same roommate also trimmed his toenails and constantly added them to a big zip lock bag and stuck it to the refrigerator. I just didnt want to ask. He also popped that bag in the other roommates face.. these were all pranks but pretty disgusting.

I had another roommate who just walked around naked all the time and I'd catch him whacking it in the living room to espn workout videos. That was awkward.

The fart in the bottle thing killed me. So gross yet funny because it didn't happen to me. :lol:
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    I had a roomate that smoked everything in the house. He bought that anarchist cookbook and we smoked banana peels. We got so drunk in the process, that we couldnt tell if it worked.

Sick!!! :lol:
  • I had knew a guy that lived on my floor in my dorm. He plucked a pile of pubes and put them on the ledge right above the urinals so when I went to take a piss I was starring right at them. I knew it was him and made him clean it up. It was nasty.
  • PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,316

Awkward is an understatement. ESPN workout videos?
    PJ-Cubs wrote:

desperate times call for desperate measures.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • PJ-Cubs wrote:

obviously this was pre internet. If he was watching Kiana Tom, then I get it.
  • Oh, I forgot :fp:

He opened up the fridge and started taking food. Like cheese, some fucking vegetables :lol:

Took some peanut butter :lol:

Fucking weirdo
  • samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    Had 3 bad ones last year...not good friends at all. So got some new ones for this year.

2 of mine this year are alright but SO GODDAMN MESSY. They're 2 years younger than me and my other 2 roommates,who I love, and the difference in maturity is weirdly staggering. They need to learn: a) the suite is not a hotel and b) CLEAN UP YOUR CRAP.
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    I just had an excellent conversation with the former roommate about a break lease. I am in no way part of that agreement at all. I never signed the lease for next year! :roll:

So he goes "I'm driving over there on my day off to sign that stupid thing. I want [other roommate] to leave me $20 for gas."

1. Why are you calling me about it?
    2. Why are you not calling the people you signed the lease with?
    3. Why the fuck should he give you gas money to drive over here? :lol:

What a fucking wreck! None of that is my problem :lol: :fp:

Piece of shit
  • rearviewrossrearviewross Posts: 3,055
    I just had an excellent conversation with the former roommate about a break lease. I am in no way part of that agreement at all. I never signed the lease for next year! :roll:

So he goes "I'm driving over there on my day off to sign that stupid thing. I want [other roommate] to leave me $20 for gas."

Piece of shit

Lol, just dont be there when he arrives.
  • MaxGoldenrodMaxGoldenrod Posts: 1,341
    My first college roommate seemed nice the times we spoke on the phone before we met on campus...

Until I walked in on the dude headbanging and singing along with some Christian speed metal... wow.

Lived in a fraternity house for a year with about 8 different roommates over the course of the year (4 per room). Definitely a few questionable ones there.

Had a Korean roommate the next year in a house with 5 of us in total. Belligerent drunk, but was nice as hell when he joined in and smoked with us. He befriended a stray pup that strangely disappeared after he "jokingly" put it on a cold grill and took pics...to this day he won't admit what happened to that dog...
    "Then the Spirit of God hovered over the water, and God said, Let there be music, and there was Pearl Jam."

Whose idea was it for the word "Lisp" to have an "S" in it?
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293

Piece of shit

Lol, just dont be there when he arrives.

I was

He just left :lol:
  • kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
    The thing you really have to watch out for is a roommate who will just up and kick you in the forehead because ... uh ... let's just say no good reason. I speak from recent, personal experience:

8948600136_9c76aa13d2_n.jpg

* This is not to say 'roommates' who kick you are terrible. Just that you have to watch out for their tiny, lightning-fast Kung-fu feet.
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
    and the abuse begins....now we know why she was on the market. :P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    kw18 wrote:
    The thing you really have to watch out for is a roommate who will just up and kick you in the forehead because ... uh ... let's just say no good reason. I speak from recent, personal experience:

8948600136_9c76aa13d2_n.jpg

* This is not to say 'roommates' who kick you are terrible. Just that you have to watch out for their tiny, lightning-fast Kung-fu feet.

That could easily be 22-27 stitches. You deserve a few free dinners and an epic pedicure from your 'roomate' :P