Options

FYI: Ladies Beware in Chicago

13»

Comments

• Options
    chikevinchikevin Posts: 421
    lawguy wrote:
    Just when I thought I was out, I get sucked back in.

Ok, this is my last post: I thought these boards were made for discussion and debate. If you are upset by the content or such then go to a different posting or board. I for one love when people discuss their differences out in the open. Perhpas we can all see where each other is coming from and broaden our own horizons a little. Nothing wrong with that in my book.
    ugh. and here i was sticking up for you.

my thought was to get people off your back. so, your main motivation was to create a discussion that ended in name calling? you might have been trying for a discussion (about what exactly, i forget), but it ended up being a mudslinging thread.

whatever.
  • Options
    lawguylawguy Posts: 257
    I thought your devil's advocate looked a little too familiar :)
  • Options
    chikevinchikevin Posts: 421
    lawguy wrote:
    i don't know what that means, but like i said...whatever. i thought your initial intent was good. too bad it was just a thread to provoke.

i'm over it.
  • Options
    chikevin wrote:
    ugh. and here i was sticking up for you.

my thought was to get people off your back. so, your main motivation was to create a discussion that ended in name calling? you might have been trying for a discussion (about what exactly, i forget), but it ended up being a mudslinging thread.

whatever.

No, my motivation was to just give the warning. It turned into a discussion when people's ideas differed, which is fine by me. Some people resorted to mudslinging, but I think it was all in good spirit. There was not too much of the "i hope you die and burn in hell" type posts. I take all this with a grain of salt and am never personally offended by any of this. I really dont think the mudslinging was that bad. Some of us had a good little discussion.
  • Options
    chikevin wrote:
    i don't know what that means, but like i said...whatever. i thought your initial intent was good. too bad it was just a thread to provoke.

i'm over it.

That response was for the guy in law school. Sorry.
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    lawguy wrote:

i see equal merit to every side of any discussion. what matters is which side has more profit. and once i pick one, im a vicious motherfucker about it ;)

this is like a riddle.

who am i?
  • Options
    AllieAllie Posts: 2,908
    what is up with all these retarded threads and arguments? The guy's trying to give everyone a heads up and people get bent out of shape?

I'm so not into this vibe.

SS didn't blame anyone for being a victim of a crime. Do ladies think they should walk around drunk at night? That doesn't mean he's saying it's your fault, he just said it was ill advised, but in more cruder language.

People read things that aren't there!

Now I live in NY, I wouldn't advise anyone to walk around anywhere late at night (read: like, after midnight) by themselves, and esp. not if they've been drinking

And I was mugged in broad daylight, walking down stairs into a subway in Greenwich Village, which is supposed to be 'safe' so crime happens anywhere, anytime
    Mace and taking a cab do not prevent things from happening.

Geesh enough already. Can't we all just get along?
    "...like a word misplaced, nothing said, what a waste.."
    "Sometimes life should be consumed in measured doses"
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • Options
    itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    Allie02 wrote:
    what is up with all these retarded threads and arguments? The guy's trying to give everyone a heads up and people get bent out of shape?

I'm so not into this vibe.

SS didn't blame anyone for being a victim of a crime. Do ladies think they should walk around drunk at night? That doesn't mean he's saying it's your fault, he just said it was ill advised, but in more cruder language.

People read things that aren't there!

Now I live in NY, I wouldn't advise anyone to walk around anywhere late at night (read: like, after midnight) by themselves, and esp. not if they've been drinking

And I was mugged in broad daylight, walking down stairs into a subway in Greenwich Village, which is supposed to be 'safe' so crime happens anywhere, anytime
    Mace and taking a cab do not prevent things from happening.

Geesh enough already. Can't we all just get along?
    exactly. and even though the thread got a little side-tracked, i thought it was a really great, socially-conscious post by lawguy, nice to see people looking out for each other :)

peace everybody
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    if you are a woman and make a habit of wandering around big cities late at night alone while drunk, you're a fucking idiot.
    EXACTLY! Christ, why was this thread even posted.. this could happen ANYWHERE!
  • Options
    riiiiight... its their fault... nice...
    Are you trying to tell me, wondering around a big city, DRUNK, late at night by YOURSELF isn't dangerous?.. Where the fuck are you from?

Don't be so arrogant and get a fucking clue, people... This is a safe part of town, but wondering around ANYWHERE DRUNK BY YOURSELF is not cool. Expecially in high populated areas, crazies wander the streets. It's a fact. She had it coming.
  • Options
    MasterFramerMasterFramer Posts: 2,268
    Are you trying to tell me, wondering around a big city, DRUNK, late at night by YOURSELF isn't dangerous?.. Where the fuck are you from?

Look genius, he clearly was implying that if a woman is walking home drunk and is assaulted it's her own damn fault for being in the wrong place at the wrong time, which is a moronic statement.... :rolleyes:
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • Options
    Don't be so arrogant and get a fucking clue, people... This is a safe part of town, but wondering around ANYWHERE DRUNK BY YOURSELF is not cool. Expecially in high populated areas, crazies wonder the streets. It's a fact. She had it coming.

ok tough guy... you tell it like it is... :rolleyes:
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • Options
    Look genius, he clearly was implying that if a woman is walking home drunk and is assaulted it's her own damn fault for being in the wrong place at the wrong time, which is a moronic statement.... :rolleyes:
    It's not her fault, but its a definite risk!.. there are homeless people and weirdos all around lurking the corners, and even "normal" upper class white dudes get drunk and do stupid shit.

If you're a girl and want to get drunk or anyone for that matter, don't wander around by yourself in a heavily populated area.. your chances of getting assulted unfortunately are higher than average. Not everyone is sane.
  • Options
    It's not her fault, but its a definite risk!.. there are homeless people and weirdos all around lurking the corners, and even "normal" upper class white dudes get drunk and do stupid shit.

If you're a girl and want to get drunk or anyone for that matter, don't wander around by yourself in a heavily populated area.. your chances of getting assulted unfortunately are higher than average. Not everyone is sane.

Next thing you are going to tell me the sky is blue and water is wet...

you should change your name to LikeAGenius...
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    also... if youre in a house with a history of being haunted and you hear a strange sound in the attic while youre home alone DONT go up into the attic because it could very well be a ghost / zombie / axe murderer / wolf man / dracula / insane circus clown / possessed puppet and you are better off running out of the house and promptly calling the ghostbusters... even with the best intentions, a ghost / zombie / axe murderer / wolf man / dracula / insane circus clown / possessed puppet can lead to severe injury or death... often times modern fire arms / decapitation / fire / magic spells / crucifixion / kick to the nuts / mace (the medieval weapon, not the spray) / acid bath / shot into outter space still do little to slow monster in their ultimate goal of killing and / or feasting on your flesh
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/