Exactly 90 days later...I have lost 35 lbs.

Comments

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    awesome Speedy, and how many rat's asses is that equivalent to?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,192
    C'mon man you probably started wearing xxxl shirts and pants :lol::lol: it's all an illusion
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    Congratulations! Keep up the good work! :)
    ELITIST FUK
  • PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,316
    Congrats! Nicely down.

What did you do?
  • shepshep Posts: 5,761
    mca47 wrote:
    Before and after pics?

:D :thumbup:

I was just going to comment that this thread is useless without pics... :lol:
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Good job man!
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    great job! I'm looking to lose for my summer fun.....and my 30th high school reunion :o
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • mickeyrat wrote:
    Anyone want the SPEEDY Diet-Plan?

It will help you lose your Big Fat Asses!!!

:P :P
    yes please.

Is there a truckers discount? :mrgreen:

But I am serious. Lay it out for me huh?
    Portion control, and calorie counting.
    Monday thru Friday is pretty damned strict. 2 eggs and a piece of 35 calories low carb toast for breakfast, Lunch consists of soup and either tuna fish, chicken or turkey sandwich(same low carb bread). Dinner consists of 3 tomatoes and a single serving portion of cottage cheese, and another low carb bread sandwich. I use a single portion serving of LIGHT MAYO for each of the sandwiches I eat for lunch and dinner. My beverages consist of Black Coffee(For the most part black but the last 2-3 weeks I have been having one cup a day, or every other day, with half n half.) I only allow myself One Diet Coke a day. And thats my Monday thru Friday. My snacks? A few pickles or a celery stalks. :lol::lol::lol:
    My weekends I ease up a little bit, but I am still pretty strict on the calories(keep the calories at 2200 or so or less). Every Saturday or Sunday I/we cook a couple nice meals but I keep the portions small. We have cooked a Turkey Breast, A Purdue Chicken, We made Low-Cal chicken Enchiladas(Fucking Delicious), A few diffferent Ground Turkey recipes, and a few different homemade soups. We have gone to a few new restaurants in the last few weeks, but again for me its all about portion control. Another thing is the reduction of Red Meat. I went from eating red meat 2-3 times a day, to eating it, on average, of once a week.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • yes please.

Monday thru Friday is pretty damned strict. 2 eggs and a piece of 35 calories low carb toast for breakfast, Lunch consists of soup and either tuna fish, chicken or turkey sandwich(same low carb bread). Dinner consists of 3 tomatoes and a single serving portion of cottage cheese, and another low carb bread sandwich. I use a single portion serving of LIGHT MAYO for each of the sandwiches I eat for lunch and dinner. My beverages consist of Black Coffee(For the most part black but the last 2-3 weeks I have been having one cup a day, or every other day, with half n half.) I only allow myself One Diet Coke a day. And thats my Monday thru Friday. My snacks? A few pickles or a celery stalks. :lol::lol::lol:
    My weekends I ease up a little bit, but I am still pretty strict on the calories(keep the calories at 2200 or so or less). Every Saturday or Sunday I/we cook a couple nice meals but I keep the portions small. We have cooked a Turkey Breast, A Purdue Chicken, We made Low-Cal chicken Enchiladas(Fucking Delicious), A few diffferent Ground Turkey recipes, and a few different homemade soups. We have gone to a few new restaurants in the last few weeks, but again for me its all about portion control. Another thing is the reduction of Red Meat. I went from eating red meat 2-3 times a day, to eating it, on average, of once a week.[/quote]
    The few times I "cheated" or "rewarded" myself, it is still about portion size and calorie counting. Twice in the last 12 weeks we have gone out for deep dish pizza, but I only have 2 slices at about 400 calories a slice, and THATS IT! I went to Burger King once over the last 12 weeks, But I had 2 tacos, and about 300 or so calories, and thats it! For me its all about the calories and portion size.
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    wow Speedy, I am very impressed. it is difficult to start a plan like that and even harder to stick to it. well done!!
  • rick1zoo2 wrote:
    wow Speedy, I am very impressed. it is difficult to start a plan like that and even harder to stick to it. well done!!
    First 30 or so days it was difficult. Now its just waht it is. No big deal. Doing what i do for a living, its easy to pull over and grab some mcdonalds, every single fucking day. Its easy to eat junk food, every single day. Now I just bring my lunch, eat normal portions of healthy food, and thats that. I have lost 35lbs, without adding an exercise regimme to the mix. Hot soup, and a Tuna fish or turkey sandwich is a great lunch! It fills you up and you feel good about yourself. 3 tomatoes and cottage cheese, is a healthy dinner, add another sandwich to that, and again you are filled up, and you feel good because you had another healthy meal.

I was never big on chips, dips,cookies, candies, etc. I was just eating way too MANY CALORIES and eating way to much JUNK FOOD. Cheeseburgers and Hot Dogs, along with French Fries, will slowly fucking kill you. :shock: :shock:

My doctor is happy
    Kathy is SHOCKED
    And I feel better.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,798
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    First 30 or so days it was difficult. Now its just waht it is. No big deal. Doing what i do for a living, its easy to pull over and grab some mcdonalds, every single fucking day. Its easy to eat junk food, every single day. Now I just bring my lunch, eat normal portions of healthy food, and thats that. I have lost 35lbs, without adding an exercise regimme to the mix. Hot soup, and a Tuna fish or turkey sandwich is a great lunch! It fills you up and you feel good about yourself. 3 tomatoes and cottage cheese, is a healthy dinner, add another sandwich to that, and again you are filled up, and you feel good because you had another healthy meal.

I was never big on chips, dips,cookies, candies, etc. I was just eating way too MANY CALORIES and eating way to much JUNK FOOD. Cheeseburgers and Hot Dogs, along with French Fries, will slowly fucking kill you. :shock: :shock:

My doctor is happy
    Kathy is SHOCKED
    And I feel better.
    my deal ids too much bread to start and portion control. little time ot stop for lunch running the multistop AT appt times we do. Plus I'm tring to get home. BUT there are things I can do to stop the flow of flab!!
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • That is awesome Speedy!!! :D
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • :clap:

Well done my friend. Keep up the good work, tiny :lol: .

See you in Chicago........... WRIGLEY FIELD.............FUCK YEAH !
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

My doctor is happy
    Kathy is SHOCKED
    And I feel better.

that is awesome!!

maybe in July you could model your speedo for us
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

My doctor is happy
    Kathy is SHOCKED
    And I feel better.

that is awesome!!

maybe in July you could model your speedo for us
    :shock: :o :oops: :sick:
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • mickeyrat wrote:
    my deal ids too much bread to start and portion control. little time ot stop for lunch running the multistop AT appt times we do. Plus I'm tring to get home. BUT there are things I can do to stop the flow of flab!!
    Im eating 5-6 pieces of Low-Carb 35 calories a slice bread, each day, Monday Thru Friday. I dont give a fuck how bad people say bread is for a diet. Its only 210 or so calories a day in bread. 2 cans of tuna fish are 250 or so calories, my light Mayo is 70 calories, my 2 eggs are 180 or so calories. Thats only 710 or so calories right? I throw in 3 tomatoes at 40-50 calories each? Add a portion of cottage cheese at 200 or so calories, my soup is 250 or so calories, and thats that. So right there I am now at about 1300 or so calories. I add one cup of coffee with cream and suger which I really dont give a fuck how many calories it is, becasue I am drinking it no matter what! :lol::lol::lol: A thermos of Black coffee for the rest of the day, and a diet fucking coke.

That has basically been my EVERY Days Meal Plan for Monday thru Friday, for the last 12 weeks.
  • Plus I lost this weight right in the middle of the Holidays! Not easy you say? Well, I cooked Prime Rib for Kathy's family, and I sat down and ate that Prime Rib, and I enjoyed the fuck out of it! I enjoyed the fuck out of my SINGLE SERVING of meat, had a SINGLE SERVING of mashed potatoes, ate a ton of veggies, and called it a day. Same thing for Thanksgiving. It was all about portion sizes.
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    Plus I lost this weight right in the middle of the Holidays! Not easy you say? Well, I cooked Prime Rib for Kathy's family, and I sat down and ate that Prime Rib, and I enjoyed the fuck out of it! I enjoyed the fuck out of my SINGLE SERVING of meat, had a SINGLE SERVING of mashed potatoes, ate a ton of veggies, and called it a day. Same thing for Thanksgiving. It was all about portion sizes.

That's right. It's all about portion size. Plus, eat slow and enjoy every bite. We eat way too fast...
    That's great that you lost weight even during the holidays.
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • mikalina wrote:
    Plus I lost this weight right in the middle of the Holidays! Not easy you say? Well, I cooked Prime Rib for Kathy's family, and I sat down and ate that Prime Rib, and I enjoyed the fuck out of it! I enjoyed the fuck out of my SINGLE SERVING of meat, had a SINGLE SERVING of mashed potatoes, ate a ton of veggies, and called it a day. Same thing for Thanksgiving. It was all about portion sizes.

That's right. It's all about portion size. Plus, eat slow and enjoy every bite. We eat way too fast...
    How ya been SweetCheeks??
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    mikalina wrote:

How ya been SweetCheeks??

Great....
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

My doctor is happy
    Kathy is SHOCKED
    And I feel better.

any exercising?
    aqo2t.jpg
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Im eating 5-6 pieces of Low-Carb 35 calories a slice bread, each day, Monday Thru Friday. I dont give a fuck how bad people say bread is for a diet. Its only 210 or so calories a day in bread. 2 cans of tuna fish are 250 or so calories, my light Mayo is 70 calories, my 2 eggs are 180 or so calories. Thats only 710 or so calories right? I throw in 3 tomatoes at 40-50 calories each? Add a portion of cottage cheese at 200 or so calories, my soup is 250 or so calories, and thats that. So right there I am now at about 1300 or so calories. I add one cup of coffee with cream and suger which I really dont give a fuck how many calories it is, becasue I am drinking it no matter what! :lol::lol::lol: A thermos of Black coffee for the rest of the day, and a diet fucking coke.

That has basically been my EVERY Days Meal Plan for Monday thru Friday, for the last 12 weeks.
    been having that brownberry double fiber bread 90 cal per slice. can get away with one sandwhich but I'm not watching the single serving size of the roast beef I've been getting. Other easy to grab and eat stuff while driving needs a hard look. thinking of babywipes to set next to the seat so I can munch on fruit(plums,peaches, necterines) while driving and not get the steering wheel all grubby.

to my credit the gum I chew is sugarfree!!!! :mrgreen:
    You've inspired me to take a close look at what and how I'm eating. Thanks.

Curious, your work day is structured so you stop and take a lunch hour(or 1/2 hour) making the soup easier to eat?

• mickeyrat wrote:

Curious, your work day is structured so you stop and take a lunch hour(or 1/2 hour) making the soup easier to eat?
    The last 3 months or so I have been running a dedicated account. I make 4-5 trips a day from point A to point B, drop and hook. I just make sure to take a 1/2 hour break at some time to enjoy/eat soup and sandwich. I basically eat a few bites of the tomatoes and cottage cheese throughout the day. The 1st 6-8 weeks I was bringing homemade chicken soup, so I had to sit still and eat it with a spoon. But I got sick of the chicken soup, so now its cream of mushroom or cream of celery. I can basically just drink that out of my thermos as I drive, if need be. But I try my best to sit for a half hour a day.
  • PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,316
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Anyone want the SPEEDY Diet-Plan?

It will help you lose your Big Fat Asses!!!

:P :P
    yes please.

My weekends I ease up a little bit, but I am still pretty strict on the calories(keep the calories at 2200 or so or less). Every Saturday or Sunday I/we cook a couple nice meals but I keep the portions small. We have cooked a Turkey Breast, A Purdue Chicken, We made Low-Cal chicken Enchiladas(Fucking Delicious), A few diffferent Ground Turkey recipes, and a few different homemade soups. We have gone to a few new restaurants in the last few weeks, but again for me its all about portion control. Another thing is the reduction of Red Meat. I went from eating red meat 2-3 times a day, to eating it, on average, of once a week.

Impressive willpower.

Sounds like a good program. I have always found that I have much more success on a diet program if its very structured like the one you describe. As soon as I start having to make food choices on my own, the whole thing falls apart.
    mickeyrat wrote:

The last 3 months or so I have been running a dedicated account. I make 4-5 trips a day from point A to point B, drop and hook. I just make sure to take a 1/2 hour break at some time to enjoy/eat soup and sandwich. I basically eat a few bites of the tomatoes and cottage cheese throughout the day. The 1st 6-8 weeks I was bringing homemade chicken soup, so I had to sit still and eat it with a spoon. But I got sick of the chicken soup, so now its cream of mushroom or cream of celery. I can basically just drink that out of my thermos as I drive, if need be. But I try my best to sit for a half hour a day.
    well, I might be able to work something like that into my schedule. Just means I have to kick in higher gear than I already do when hand unloading at a stop. I'm pretty quick as it is.
    Up to now my goal has been to get back and shutdown sooner rather than later, come July there would be a required stop of 30 minutes for HOS regs anyway if its not held up by lawsuits.Reminds me I need to ask the boss about that. See if anything is in the works to allow for this new reg with our appt times.

• PJ-Cubs wrote:

Impressive willpower.

Sounds like a good program. I have always found that I have much more success on a diet program if its very structured like the one you describe. As soon as I start having to make food choices on my own, the whole thing falls apart.
    I just made a choice to quit eating crap food. I realize to say it, is easier than to do it, but I just decided I am NOT going to eat fast food anymore. Its just BAD for you, we all know that. And does it really taste all that good? Not really. Plus when we go out to eat for a nice dinner, on the weekend, I can still make the right decsion, and enjoy my meal. Its not too difficult to order the Rock Lobster Tail at 200 calories, instead of the 16oz. Ribeye. :lol::lol::lol:

We did a Japanese place a few weeks ago, I had shrimp and scallops, it was delicious.
    We went out for Pizza, I had 2 slices and called it a day.
    But Monday thru Friday? Yeah its a strict diet.
  • JTHJTH Posts: 3,238
    JTH wrote:
    I saw you exactly 61 days ago. How much have you lost since then?
    Well?
  • JTH wrote:
    JTH wrote:
    I saw you exactly 61 days ago. How much have you lost since then?
    Well?
    From Nov.16 to Jan. 9 I was down a little over 20 lbs.
    Those are the 2 days I got weighed at the doctors office.
    Now I am down 35 lbs.
    So I would guess I am down 15-20 or so lbs. since you saw me?
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    Congratulations, that's fantastic. My husband and I just had our physicals and his cholesterol is a little high - he's sort of freaked and I pointed out cutting out milkshakes and have one serving instead of two might help a lot.

Whenever I've wanted to lose weight it's so much about portion size. Like you said, two slices of pizza, not three. One cookie won't kill you. One hamburger a month won't kill you.

We're gonna try to start a healthy diet on Sunday (we have to finish the Valentine's candy first - ha ha).

But congrats again.