Options

Pearl Jam Gimli Motorsports Park, Manitoba Sunfest '93

Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
edited February 2013 in The Porch
show is in playlist form and some of the audio isn't the best, but I figured maybe someone would want to see it, even though it was called Sunfest, it rained and was very muddy according to everyone who was there
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-3fBDJm9_I&list=PLE4BEBB3DC2F805CD

GIMLI MOTORSPORT PARK; SUNFEST '93
GIMLI, MANITOBA
Sat 14 August, 1993

SET 1
Even Flow
Why Go
Deep
Jeremy
Animal
Glorified G
Gimme Shelter
Daughter
Go
State Of Love And Trust
Garden
Blood
Alive
Black
Once
Porch
Indifference
Sonic Reducer
Rockin' In The Free World
Baba O'Riley
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    wpg pearlwpg pearl Posts: 1,258
    edited February 2013
    MUDFEST !!!! i got the VHS bootleg, only reason i have a VCR lol
    still mad my parents would not let me go way back when
    Post edited by wpg pearl on
    ajb
  • Options
    wpg pearl wrote:
    MUDFEST !!!! i got the VHS bootleg, only reason i have a VHS lol
    still mad my parents would not let me go way back when
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    true story..... :fp:
    ajb
  • Options
    wpg pearl wrote:
    true story..... :fp:
    yeah that would suck, sometimes parents don't know best
  • Options
    its all good can t change the past only the future.......
    SO I AM FUCKING GOING TO LONDON AND CHICAGO !!!!!!!!!
    ajb
  • Options
    wpg pearl wrote:
    its all good can t change the past only the future.......
    SO I AM FUCKING GOING TO LONDON AND CHICAGO !!!!!!!!!
    I am going to try to make it to London I am trying to find some people in my part of the country who would want to go see the show old school and do a van trip, we will see how that goes, nobody has responded yet
  • Options
    Unreal!! I've had that video in storage for 10 years and just pulled it out, as well as my vcr, to show my girlfriend less than a week ago!! Same damn video! That's crazy weird! Does the audio on your video cut out during "Glorified G"? Mine does. Either way that's a weird coincidence.
    9.12.92 Sea, WA/10.19.96 M.V., CA/7.13.98 L.A., CA/7.14.98 L.A., CA/9.15.98 Boston, MA/9.16.98 Boston, MA/10.22.00 L.V., NV/6.3.03 Irvine, CA/10.28.03 S.B., CA/7.9.06 L.A., CA/7.10.06 L.A., CA/10.1.09 U. City, CA/9.30.12 Mis, MT/7.19.13 Chi, Il
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    been searching for literally a couple decades for better pictures of Pearl Jam at Sunfest. All I've ever seen is screenshots of the poor quality video that was shot of the show. Yesterday I found this ^^^. I contacted the photog. He said he doesn't know if he still has the negatives or not, but he will check. No idea why a pro photog would get rid of ANY negatives, but that's a question for later.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,854
    been searching for literally a couple decades for better pictures of Pearl Jam at Sunfest. All I've ever seen is screenshots of the poor quality video that was shot of the show. Yesterday I found this ^^^. I contacted the photog. He said he doesn't know if he still has the negatives or not, but he will check. No idea why a pro photog would get rid of ANY negatives, but that's a question for later.
    Would be sweet if he has more. Please keep us posted. :)

• Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    Show popped up randomly on the recommended list on my YouTube. Watching it now. Apparently this is Pro-Shot. Pretty good! 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GyBxt3n9PxQ&pp=ygUVUGVhcmwgamFtIDkzIHBybyBzaG90

• Options
    Show popped up randomly on the recommended list on my YouTube. Watching it now. Apparently this is Pro-Shot. Pretty good! 

Indeed! 
  • Options

yep. remember tracking the bootleg vhs down on ebay years ago, now have it on dvd. rumour has it they planned to release it, but something ended up fucking up on the audio side, so they shelved it.  
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,026
    edited January 20
    Except the audio of that new Youtube version is not the Gimli show. 
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,171
    yah, this one one of the first proshot's I discovered in VHS trading circles too.   As other people mentioned someone made a decent DVD of it too.  One of my favourite boots.
  • Options
    edited January 20
    mrk2 said:
    It matched the setlist exactly for Gimli according to the setlist on PJStatTracker. Stage banter seemed legit. 
    Either way, I don’t care. It was enjoyable to watch 
    Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,171
    mrk2 said:
    It matched the setlist exactly for Gimli according to the setlist on PJStatTracker. Stage banter seemed legit. 
    The creator put an insane amount of time in to find soundboard sources from other shows, editing it so it fit the footage seemlessly (ie you can't really tell).   I imagine the banter would of had to have been from the original tape.

I'm not sure how I feel about that.  The creator did an amazing job and it's hard to tell that they did that, but at the same time knowing it, you kind of want the version with the original audio :)
  • Options
    ST66483ST66483 Posts: 692
    I believe it’s all discussed in the below thread regarding the audio edit:

https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/300129/brilliant-video-1993/p2
  • Options
    Zod said:
    mrk2 said:
    The creator put an insane amount of time in to find soundboard sources from other shows, editing it so it fit the footage seemlessly (ie you can't really tell).   I imagine the banter would of had to have been from the original tape.

I'm not sure how I feel about that.  The creator did an amazing job and it's hard to tell that they did that, but at the same time knowing it, you kind of want the version with the original audio :)
    I’m a glass half full person. It was free on YouTube and I enjoyed it. I have so much PJ live on vinyl, it was really more about watching the band and the fans in that era.  Great stuff. 
  • Options
    you can also watch the original on youtube as well. as someone who was there, it's cool how much work they put in on the edit, but I won't bother with it. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    That was a great weekend! First time I saw them live.
    Sunfest Gimli, Manitoba 1993. Winnipeg 2005,2011. St Paul 2014,St Paul 1&2 2023  N1&2. Chicago 1&2 Sept 5&7.  Austin,Texas 1&2 Sept 18&19,2023
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,794
    Do you remember if they played full version of gimmie shelter or a tag?
  • Options
    Loujoe said:
    Do you remember if they played full version of gimmie shelter or a tag?
    tag
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Was 22 at the time and been drinking since Friday afternoon lol. Memories are a blur! Was just trying not to get my runner's stuck In the muck!
    Sunfest Gimli, Manitoba 1993. Winnipeg 2005,2011. St Paul 2014,St Paul 1&2 2023  N1&2. Chicago 1&2 Sept 5&7.  Austin,Texas 1&2 Sept 18&19,2023
  • Options
    I was 19. even though technically an adult, still lived with my folks and my parents REALLY did not want me to go. at first they told me I couldn't. but this was basically my "I DON'T GIVE A FUCK" moment with them. I told them I was going. I was going no matter what. and I did. and it was glorious. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,794
    👍 all around
  • Options
    Zod said:
    yah, this one one of the first proshot's I discovered in VHS trading circles too.   As other people mentioned someone made a decent DVD of it too.  One of my favourite boots.

One of my first Hit Paradar magazine pro shot VHS bootleg purchases was Gimli. Ah the days buying Pearl Jam merch through music magazines via money orders.