Options

Those staying at mine!

Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
edited August 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Right this thread is for anyone coming back to mine - who drinks what so I can stock up beforehand? And I don't want anything fussy like 'I only drink martini with a splash of lime' :rolleyes: . I just want a general idea of what beer or colour wine people drink so I know what to get :)

Will have sausages and pizza and stuff like that so I hope there are no fussy bastards :D

I also bought a few spare towels and toothbrushes and shower stuff for any of you who aren't bringing too much. Wow, I'm so fucking organised :eek:

So whoever's coming and doesn't have my number or directions to my house (just in case) send me a pm or whatever.

Anyone with bags can bring them. My sister will probably be driving so you can leave stuff in her car. If this doesn't work out, siochan is staying in a hotel around the corner and said you can leave stuff in her hotel which we will be passing on the way back anyway. Also siochan is staying in a room with a spare double bed if anyone is stuck for accommodation or wants to share.

Think this is the line up:

Newagehippie
Redrock
eMMI
Stonesgstring
Byrnzie & mate
Keithos
DBK
Leash?
Nullifidian?
UKDave

That it?
The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
Verona??? it's all surmountable
Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
Wembley? We all believe!
Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
Chicago 07? And love
What a different life
Had I not found this love with you
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Will drink any decent beer (any colour - willing to have a go at Irish stuff) and prefer red wine to white but will drink both! I eat sausages (by which I mean I'm not a vegetarian!). I'm easy....
  • Options
    V VV V Posts: 5,191
    I'M NOT SURE WHAT WE ARE DOING AND IF WE CAN MAKE IT ! ops cap locs !

umm how far r u from where we are staying ??? (a hostel nearish to the point)
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    Will drink any decent beer (any colour - willing to have a go at Irish stuff) and prefer red wine to white but will drink both! I eat sausages (by which I mean I'm not a vegetarian!). I'm easy....
    :D Lol, you eat sausage and you're easy? :eek: Dunk, will have a field day :D

Just what is your beer of preference? And we'll see if everyone's adds up or whatever. If not you'll all get some cheap shite from Lidl :D

Just kidding ;)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    hmm. I don't drink beer. :o wine I can handle if it's not dry (white). :) oh and no dry cider for me either (if there'd be cider obviously) but Strongbow goes. (I've heard it's dry. :confused: lol.)

hmm. and I'm not a veggie.. lol. but no offense I wouldn't eat sausages for brekkie anyhoo. :D as I don't usually eat much breakfast. (bad habit, I know!)
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Options
    V V wrote:
    I'M NOT SURE WHAT WE ARE DOING AND IF WE CAN MAKE IT ! ops cap locs !

umm how far r u from where we are staying ??? (a hostel nearish to the point)
    A taxi ride from mine into where you are would be 15-20euro. I'm not 100% sure but I think the nite link MAY be working on a Wednesday so the buses will run until 2.30 or something like that (or if we miss that one there's another one which goes reasonably close until 4am :D . It will be the same money to share a taxi anyway as the nite link is 5euro each or something like that.

That's ok V, you don't have to let me know in advance, I just kinda wanted a general idea of what drink to get. I mean I could get a few crates of Bud but maybe everyone prefers Coors or even Bulmers.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    The drinks are on you?!!

I'm gonna crash yer party... but I shall bring my own drink cos I'm picky, and no sausages for me, cos I have a home to go to and its just mean to take up precious floor space!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    :D Lol, you eat sausage and you're easy? :eek: Dunk, will have a field day :D

Figure he will but... he's not staying at yours (or is he :eek: - no, of course, the missus will be there!)
    Just what is your beer of preference?

My favourite beer is a belgian one! If restrictions on liquids in hand luggage is lifted before I fly, I'll bring you a bottle! As long as it's not cat's piss, I'll drink it! :D
  • Options
    eMMI wrote:
    hmm. I don't drink beer. :o wine I can handle if it's not dry (white). :) oh and no dry cider for me either (if there'd be cider obviously) but Strongbow goes. (I've heard it's dry. :confused: lol.)

hmm. and I'm not a veggie.. lol. but no offense I wouldn't eat sausages for brekkie anyhoo. :D as I don't usually eat much breakfast. (bad habit, I know!)
    Hmm... well if we're getting cider it would most likely be bulmers/magners and it's definitely NOT dry - it's gorgeous. Lol, I dunno why I said brekkie, I was thinking that I should have some food for when we get back so I thought hot dogs and pizza would be easy. There are delivery places but all the chinese/italian/indian/etc finish around 11.30. Dominos is the latest which delivers til 1.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    Hmm... well if we're getting cider it would most likely be bulmers/magners and it's definitely NOT dry - it's gorgeous. Lol, I dunno why I said brekkie, I was thinking that I should have some food for when we get back so I thought hot dogs and pizza would be easy. There are delivery places but all the chinese/italian/indian/etc finish around 11.30. Dominos is the latest which delivers til 1.

oh, I know those names, Bulmers and Magners!! :D:D I like them. (we don't have them here I think but I drank them in Scotlandia. :) )
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Options
    Jennytree wrote:
    The drinks are on you?!!

I'm gonna crash yer party... but I shall bring my own drink cos I'm picky, and no sausages for me, cos I have a home to go to and its just mean to take up precious floor space!
    You won't be crashing cos you're invited :p

But the drinks aren't really on me... I'm going to buy them in advance cos people won't really have much time to mess around on the day... and they can give me a donation. I'd love to be that generous but I'm not that fucking rich :(
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    Figure he will but... he's not staying at yours (or is he :eek: - no, of course, the missus will be there!)

My favourite beer is a belgian one! If restrictions on liquids in hand luggage is lifted before I fly, I'll bring you a bottle! As long as it's not cat's piss, I'll drink it! :D
    Ahhh, I love you already :D you make my life so much easier :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    eMMI wrote:
    oh, I know those names, Bulmers and Magners!! :D:D I like them. (we don't have them here I think but I drank them in Scotlandia. :) )
    Well I figure if we're getting cider (not only cos it's the nicest) I may as well put some money back into the Irish economy :D God knows we could fucking do with it :eek:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Well I'll be with V V and hopefully we will be coming back to yours for a while and then getting a taxi back to the hostel. I think we are the annoying veggies you speak of so if you try to lose us on the way to yours may save you some hassle!
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    Well I figure if we're getting cider (not only cos it's the nicest) I may as well put some money back into the Irish economy :D God knows we could fucking do with it :eek:

well figured. :D lol.
  • Options
    Chime wrote:
    Well I'll be with V V and hopefully we will be coming back to yours for a while and then getting a taxi back to the hostel. I think we are the annoying veggies you speak of so if you try to lose us on the way to yours may save you some hassle!

H is also talking pizza now so you guys are sorted!

H - I'll drink cider too! I'll have the irish stuff, please.
  • Options
    Chime wrote:
    well ya eat pizza, right? I'll have a couple of those ready to cook in case you do come back. If you don't make it, they won't go to loss :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    H is also talking pizza now so you guys are sorted!

H - I'll drink cider too! I'll have the irish stuff, please.
    Brilliant :) I knew the cider would be popular. Think Dave and Caz drink Bulmers too.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    i'm not coming back to yours... its Dublin!!!!!!!!!! so i'll be in the pubs until chucking oot time... :cool:

hope the party goes well... :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    Brilliant :) I knew the cider would be popular. Think Dave and Caz drink Bulmers too.

Certainly do... :D:D nice and cold :D:D

But seriously beer, cider, lager, red, white, rose and food of any description are all cool with me :o

THANKYOU!!! :D:D
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    well ya eat pizza, right? I'll have a couple of those ready to cook in case you do come back. If you don't make it, they won't go to loss :D

Yep definately eat pizza and we'll definately, hopefully be back :D and 'cause we aren't staying the veggies won't intefere with your fry up in the morning ... although I think a few hangovers might :o and you are a star for organising all this :)
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    Chime wrote:
    Yep definately eat pizza and we'll definately, hopefully be back :D and 'cause we aren't staying the veggies won't intefere with your fry up in the morning ... although I think a few hangovers might :o and you are a star for organising all this :)

Hangover = fry up... best cure :D:D
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
  • Options
    i'm not coming back to yours... its Dublin!!!!!!!!!! so i'll be in the pubs until chucking oot time... :cool:

hope the party goes well... :)
    well ya know you're invited dunk... thought you said you'll be sending the misses back to the hotel and then coming to mine? Lol, well if you decide to come along after, you have my number.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    UKDave wrote:
    Certainly do... :D:D nice and cold :D:D

But seriously beer, cider, lager, red, white, rose and food of any description are all cool with me :o

THANKYOU!!! :D:D
    :D I didn't think you'd be too fussy :D

Chime, no problem, it would be great if yas came back, I'm sure we'll join ya for a pint anyway before I go home.

I updated the first post to make it a bit easier :rolleyes:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    :D I didn't think you'd be too fussy :D

Now what the frig is that supposed to mean.....?! :( :confused: :rolleyes: ;):D:D
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
  • Options
    UKDave wrote:
    Now what the frig is that supposed to mean.....?! :( :confused: :rolleyes: ;):D:D

Hmmm.... how do I answer that one? :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    well ya know you're invited dunk... thought you said you'll be sending the misses back to the hotel and then coming to mine? Lol, well if you decide to come along after, you have my number.

nah, i said if she wants to go back to hotel early then i'll stay out... i meant in the pubs... its DUBLIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i dont know how many opportunities i'll have for a night out in Dublin :)

thanks for the invite missus... :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    Hmmm.... how do I answer that one? :D

Cheekily... :o

Gotta go now... explained on the Dublin thread, see ya's :D:D
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
  • Options
    nah, i said if she wants to go back to hotel early then i'll stay out... i meant in the pubs... its DUBLIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i dont know how many opportunities i'll have for a night out in Dublin :)

thanks for the invite missus... :)

No problem :)

Feck off to the pubs then :p
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    Feck off to the pubs then :p

i will :p

exactly how far (in miles) is your hoose from the city centre...???
  • Options
    i will :p

exactly how far (in miles) is your hoose from the city centre...???
    I don't do miles :confused:

But that time of the night, it's aboot 15 minutes in a taxi!

Why? Were you planning to walk?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life