Options

New 10C Member - Any Chance I'm getting Wrigley Tix?

jonsey30jonsey30 Rochester Hills, MI Posts: 998
edited February 2013 in The Porch
Let me preface by saying that I have never been to a PJ show. Over the last couple of years I have decided that seeing them live is on my bucket list.

I joined 10 Club the day of the Wrigley show announcement, Jan 23, but in order to be part of the drawing you had to be a member on Jan 22. So I am reduced to waiting for the public sale next Saturday. Is there any chance at this point of getting good seats?

I don't know that I want my first show to be in the upper level, it may not be a great experience. So I guess if that is all I am able to get for Wrigley, I'll probably wait to see what the fall tour locations are going to be.
7/19/13 - Wrigley Field, Chicago, IL
10/11/13 - Pittsburgh, PA
10/12/13 - Buffalo, NY
10/16/2014 - Detroit, MI
5/10/2016 - Toronto, ON
3/24/2020 - Hamilton, ON
9/7/2023 - Chicago, IL

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,048
    welcome to well, us!
    Definitely try the public sale but there are always means to find tix. Usually tix show up all the time at the pre-parties or days and weeks before the show as people have to back out for other commitments etc. You will be fine...I hope to see you post again and often
    -EV
  • Options
    WhyNotSwedenWhyNotSweden Sweden Posts: 4,266
    Any show is a great show, IF you don't go because the seats you will cry when you read the setlist on your'e computer! I'm going from Sweden and don't have a ticket, I'll go for public sale.
    -95, Stockholm (MirrorBall Tour)
    -00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin
    -10, Berlin
    -11, East Troy 1+2
    -12, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, EV London 2
    -13, London, Chicago
    -14, Amsterdam 1+2, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo
    -16, TOTD San Francisco 1+2
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
    -18, Amsterdam 1+2, London 1+(2), Barcelona, London 2
    -19, EV Brussels

• Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Where are you located?
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice everyone!

I'm located in Detroit, so Chicago is easy. My wife has never been to Chi-town,, but my company is headquatered there, so I have several times. I want to plan a summer trip there for the two of us with this show as the main event.
    10/12/13 - Buffalo, NY
    10/16/2014 - Detroit, MI
    5/10/2016 - Toronto, ON
    3/24/2020 - Hamilton, ON
    9/7/2023 - Chicago, IL

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    WELLCOME..!!!!!!!

have fun,good luck at the tix..

pj on stage means,everywhere in the venue is a good seat!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    kenshuntkenshunt London, Ontario, Canada Posts: 2,863
    WELLCOME..!!!!!!!

have fun,good luck at the tix..

pj on stage means,everywhere in the venue is a good seat!!
    exactly :mrgreen:
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • Options
    AggAgg Posts: 462
    I'm in the same situation. Joined the day of the Wrigley announcement and now I have to take my chances on the general sale. I was really really hoping to make this my first show, but now I'm worried I won't be able to get tickets or that the tickets I do get aren't good at all. :cry:

Any tips on getting tickets during the general sale? I need two since my sister is coming with me. And waiting until the week of the show won't really be an option as I live in Philadelphia and have to make travel arrangements.
    2013: Wrigley Field, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1, Brooklyn 2, Philly 1, Philly 2, Baltimore
    2014: Cincinnati
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2, MSG 1, MSG 2, Fenway 1, Fenway 2, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: Rock N Roll Hall of Fame Induction
    2018: Krakow, Chicago 1, Chicago 2, Boston 1, Boston 2
  • Options
    voodoopugvoodoopug Posts: 1,011
    Tickets will be plentiful as show date nears.
    There's Pearl Jam, The Rolling Stones, Chuck Berry, Robert Johnson......and then everybody else.
  • Options
    When you say plentiful, are you talking about the secondary market? So like double, triple, quadruple face value or more?

On the advice of the other posters in this thread, I think I'll be happy to get whatever tickets I can, even upper deck (although not preferred).
    10/12/13 - Buffalo, NY
    10/16/2014 - Detroit, MI
    5/10/2016 - Toronto, ON
    3/24/2020 - Hamilton, ON
    9/7/2023 - Chicago, IL

• Options
    jonsey30 wrote:
    When you say plentiful, are you talking about the secondary market? So like double, triple, quadruple face value or more?

On the advice of the other posters in this thread, I think I'll be happy to get whatever tickets I can, even upper deck (although not preferred).
    Secondary market at or below face....
  • Options
    jonsey30 wrote:

How close to the show date will they be at or below face?
    2013: Wrigley Field, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1, Brooklyn 2, Philly 1, Philly 2, Baltimore
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2, MSG 1, MSG 2, Fenway 1, Fenway 2, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • Options
    Agg wrote:
    jonsey30 wrote:

How close to the show date will they be at or below face?
    Find out where the 10club party is going to be. Tickets will be there.
  • Options
    That sounds interesting, I haven't heard of 10C parties.
    10/12/13 - Buffalo, NY
    10/16/2014 - Detroit, MI
    5/10/2016 - Toronto, ON
    3/24/2020 - Hamilton, ON
    9/7/2023 - Chicago, IL

• Options
    Find out where the 10club party is going to be. Tickets will be there.

Thanks for the info.

Do you mean a 10club party before the concert? I'm in Philadelphia, so I don't know if I'd be comfortable traveling to Chicago and hoping to get tickets right before the show. I'm hoping to get them as soon as possible so that I can make concrete travel/hotel arrangements. I figure there will be tickets available close to the show, but I don't know that I can risk waiting until the last minute.