netflix peeps. reccomendation thread

2»

Comments

• Im thinking I might check out freaks and geeks.

Any other netflix movie recommendations?
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    Im thinking I might check out freaks and geeks.

Don't think about it. DO IT!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • dougfloyddougfloyd Posts: 2,580
    We used to do the online streaming netflix back when it was combined with the DVD in the mail for one price. Since they changed it now we only do the DVDs in the mail. I don't like their movie selection but we've gone through a bunch of TV series on there: The Wire, Dexter, Breaking Bad, Weeds, Sons of Anarchy, Boardwalk Empire, The Killing. Getting ready to start the 2nd season of Deadwood tomorrow night.
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
    2024 - Noblesville, Wrigley
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Many that I watched have already been mentioned (Breaking Bad, Dexter, and Sons of Anarchy), but if you never got around to X Files, the entire thing is on there streaming, and it is nice to watch it in order. Also, every Star Trek series. The Tudors. When I'm finished with Boardwalk Empire I'm going to start on Fringe.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Mamasan23 wrote:
    Im thinking I might check out freaks and geeks.

Don't think about it. DO IT!

I watched the first episode last night. There was two sections where the dialog was absolutely atrocious. But the second half of the episode drew me in, and I realized that they were trying to make shitty dialog because some high school students say some pretty stupid shit. Reminded me of my high school days.. I think I was a crossover though.. 1/2 freak, 1/2 geek.. a real outcast haha.. So, I liked it, and will watch some more. interesting cast.. I didnt realize there were so many stars, and Apatow has a hand in it too.. :mrgreen:
    JaneNY wrote:
    Many that I watched have already been mentioned (Breaking Bad, Dexter, and Sons of Anarchy), but if you never got around to X Files, the entire thing is on there streaming, and it is nice to watch it in order. Also, every Star Trek series. The Tudors. When I'm finished with Boardwalk Empire I'm going to start on Fringe.

Tudors and Fringe.. I'll have to put those in the que.. I only do the streaming, so some things like Boardwalk Empire ar e unavailable.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)