netflix peeps. reccomendation thread

the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
edited February 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
Okay, so I'm slow to the netflix party. Finally got it because since living with the woman unit and her kiddie units, I've maybe been able to watch 8 hours of t.v since July. Sponge Bob seems to be on in every room of the house 24/7 (I really hate that prick)

Anyway, got netflix so I could watch shit on my laptop.

I figured we could use a netflix reccomendation thread.

Seen anything good that you want to share with everybody?
Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
to not question your government is unpatriotic."
-- Sen. Chuck Hagel
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    I watched The Untouchables last night on Netflix

You could watch Reservoir Dogs...
  • releaseNYreleaseNY Posts: 153
    slow to netflix here as well. i was always arguing with a friend that i would never waste $8 a month on something i would never use, and so he and his wife gave me a year's sub as a gift. and now i can't stop watching.

definitely recommend:

the IT crowd
    the book group
    being human (u.k. version, not u.s., which sucks). may be more for chicks ;)
    you paid to get in, you're free to leave.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,407
    The Killing (tv show)
    Craigslist Joe

just a couple of things we watched recently.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    Breaking Bad is on there... except the last season
    I wish Rome was on there :cry:
    Weeds
    Parks & Rec
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    South Park

Archer
  • HartydogHartydog Posts: 2,060
    Not sure if it is on there but Shameless (not the UK version)
    Boston 9-28-04, 5-24-06, 5-25-06, 5-17-10, 8-5-16, 8-7-16, 9-2-18, 9-4-18
    Hartford 5-13-06, 6-27-08, 10-25-13
    Mansfield, MA 6-30-08, 6-28-08, 7-2-03, 7-3-03, 7-11-03, 8-29-00, 8-30-00, 9-15-98, 9-16-98
    Worcester 10-15-13, 10-16-13
    Hartydog wrote:
    Not sure if it is on there but Shameless (not the UK version)

it's not...i wish it was!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • looloolooloolooloo Posts: 378
    The Office, Parks and Rec, 30-Rock, West Wing!!!
    "Sun sets on this ocean- never once on my devotion."

"If I had this guy's voice, you could all kiss my ass."
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    mfc2006 wrote:
    The Killing (tv show)
    Craigslist Joe

just a couple of things we watched recently.

i watched craigslist joe the other night. makes you feel good to know there are good people in the world :thumbup:
    Peace, Love.

-- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • curlygirly9curlygirly9 Posts: 1,872
    Sherlock & Parks and Rec
    Rose Garden Arena - Nov 02, 2000, Key Arena - Oct 22, 2001, Key Arena - Dec 08, 2002, Key Arena - Dec 09, 2002, Clark County Amphitheater - Sep 26, 2009
    Arrested Development... I have been forced into watching about a dozen episodes of that show.. very hit or miss. but when it's funny, it's funny.
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,955
    Freaks and Geeks.
  • Friday Night Lights- TV show, not movie. So good.
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Psych
  • Yeah good TV series: Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Hell on Wheels

These are a little unusual and maybe not for everyone:
    a movie called Archie's Final Project was pretty good.
    Also a good X-mas movie called Rare Exports (Swedish subtitled)
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    The best thing about Netflix is the unintentional comedy that comes from their recommendations.

Here is something Netflix recommended for me today.

Order Of The Black Eagle (1987)

James Bond wannabe Duncan Jax and his tank-driving baboon infiltrate a South American lair where a group of Nazis scheme to revive a cryogenically frozen Adolf Hitler.

What the hell did I ever do to you Netflix?

As for recommendations, so much good stuff. They have some classics like the original Star Trek (they JUST brought it back to streaming), Twilight Zone, Twin Peaks, X-Files (which I'm currently getting into for the first time), The Wonder Years and all that stuff.

I've discovered a few very good British comedies through Netflix, like Saxondale, Black Books, The IT Crowd, Snuff Box, etc.

If you want some Canadian flavor they have Trailer Park Boys, The Kids In The Hall, and probably some more goodies.

And they have stuff like Lost, Psych, The Walking Dead, It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, and a lot more.

It's not my cup of tea, but I know Portlandia is popular around here, and it's also streaming.

Finding movies streaming is a little more hit or miss. I have the option to keep out 3 DVD's at a time, and I normally just do that for movies, because normally they don't have the movie I want streaming.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    I can never find any streaming movies worth watching.

also, my recomendations are all screwed up since my sons stream all kinds of odd stuff to watch.

I like the DVD feature, although it normally takes us a long time to get around to watching them. we have had War Horse out since the summer.
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    I can never find any streaming movies worth watching.

also, my recomendations are all screwed up since my sons stream all kinds of odd stuff to watch.

They used to stream a lot more stuff... I remember watching Full Metal Jacket on my computer.
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

The recommendations are crazy anyway. See "Order Of The Black Eagle" above. They've recommended stuff like "The Real Ghostbusters" because they think I'll like any cartoon since I watch South Park.

I'm not sure how it works, but it's never right. Another DVD they're recommending for me is "Black Dynamite", the reasoning being "Because You Enjoyed: Coming To America, The Evil Dead and Ghostbusters".

By the way, another recommendation for a streaming show, especially if you're my age and watched it as a kid, is "Eerie Indiana". Surprisingly, it's holds up. I've loved watching it, it was my favorite show at one point when I was a kid (it's very weird, but fun), but I missed so many episodes because it came on Sunday nights and would often be scrapped because football games ran late.
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

The recommendations are crazy anyway. See "Order Of The Black Eagle" above. They've recommended stuff like "The Real Ghostbusters" because they think I'll like any cartoon since I watch South Park.

I'm not sure how it works, but it's never right. Another DVD they're recommending for me is "Black Dynamite", the reasoning being "Because You Enjoyed: Coming To America, The Evil Dead and Ghostbusters".

By the way, another recommendation for a streaming show, especially if you're my age and watched it as a kid, is "Eerie Indiana". Surprisingly, it's holds up. I've loved watching it, it was my favorite show at one point when I was a kid (it's very weird, but fun), but I missed so many episodes because it came on Sunday nights and would often be scrapped because football games ran late.

Black Dynamite is fucking awesome :lol:

Actually, it might not be as crazy a suggestion as I thought. I thought it was some old Blaxploitation movie, but it's a 2009 spoof of Blaxploitation. I had it confused.

Actually, it might not be as crazy a suggestion as I thought. I thought it was some old Blaxploitation movie, but it's a 2009 spoof of Blaxploitation. I had it confused.

My buddy edited the entire movie so they could show it in Psychology senior year of high school :lol:
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    viewtopic.php?f=14&t=202122&hilit=netflix

there's a few in that thread ...
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,147
    Freaks and Geeks and Arrested Development. Two amazing shows that were cancelled way too early.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • looloolooloolooloo Posts: 378
    Yes, Arrested Development! Forgot to add that to my previous recommendations!
    "Sun sets on this ocean- never once on my devotion."

"If I had this guy's voice, you could all kiss my ass."
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    trailer park boys
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    trailer park boys

:lol:

Fuck yes
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    I'm really enjoying the "When We Left The Earth:The NASA Missions" series at the moment. :thumbup:
    Peace, Love.

-- Sen. Chuck Hagel