Nature's Perfect Killing Machine

Comments

• STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,814
    edited January 2013
    wrong forum! sorry
    Post edited by STAYSEA on
  • donnaruhldonnaruhl Posts: 2,157
    supadupa wrote:
    Not my cats. They like to cuddle with my guinea pig. They have no killer instinct.

Untill one day they realize that it's fun to chase the guinea pig.Or smack it around a bit. :D
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Jason P wrote:
    hedonist wrote:
    Had my life taken a different path, I could very well now be a crazy cat lady.

(and I tell you what, some weird shit comes up when googling that term)
    :P

the-cat-lady_50d573cfddf2b32d260012a9.jpg
    Ha! Parallels.

(Fred's a great cat name, by the way...like, the cat just has to - and will - live up to it.)
  • LoulouLoulou Posts: 6,247
    I love my cat but he's a complete arsehole. :roll: and I'm pretty sure he hates me.
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,814
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSHx5SGRXQwrtyCLQ20tCJxja22d9RH4E_sdGrPdADqKThXELMl

It's the cone snail LouLou. He emailed me and said he's headed back home.

:mrgreen:
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTwvesme22k

I have the same reaction any time a cat approaches me.

And I even make the same sound.

:?
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,780
    Does this look like the face of a killer?
    208274_1027392604483_9071_n.jpg
    3887_1109956868538_7791168_n.jpg
    or this?
    207330_1027392644484_9905_n.jpg
    :D
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    Does this look like the face of a killer?
    I'm looking at the crazy-eyed dude in your signature :P

Those cats are ridiculously cute.
  • afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    My cats couldn't kill a fly...literally. I know when there's a bug in the house because the 2 of them will stare at the same spot on the floor but do nothing....they won't even try to play with it. I have seen them chase and meow at a mosquito before, but that's as far as it goes... :lol:

My cat Sam that I had in college and a several years after was an indoor/outdoor cat so he did his fair share of killing...he often left squirrel tail presents on my porch.
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    insane_murderer_cat.jpg
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Evil-Cats.jpg
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352
    I'm quite certain that Sam would make a great hunter. Her chasing instincts are impeccable and she loves to play, and she is smart. She is on a grain-free food diet and eats only holistic fish-based super food (that actually looks a bit yummy too) and I think that's part of why she is so agile and sporty :)

My tomcat Werner who has been living with my parents for a while now is known to hunt birds on their balcony.

They are natural born hunters. Hunters kill. They cannot use weapons so they have to have perfect hunting and killing skills ...
  • If people just kept their cats inside it would help a lot. But, there are also millions of stray, feral cats. My neighbors cat would eat the hummingbirds that would feed in the flower bed. It would stalk them and swat em out of the air. I'd have to chase that stupid cat out of the yard all the time.
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    I'm fairly certain my cat would have killed me and eaten my remains if given the chance. I'm also pretty sure that when she tripped my ex as he went down the stairs it was not an accident. :think:

:lol: I had one of those... He would wait at the bottom of the steps until I decided to go upstairs and then chase me up the steps biting my ankles/calves. He would also leap across the kitchen and bite me in the a** while I was standing and innocently washing dishes. He made me paranoid in my own home. He loved my husband though and would come running and purring when he came home from work. I was the one who took care of him ( food, clean litter etc). Never figured him out. Very evil creature, that one!

Jen
    :lol::lol::lol: Bite you on the ass!
    My friend had a cat when we were growing up that would launch across the room and attack any exposed skin. He was evil. :? I love kitties :lol:
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
    30.jpg

I'm fairly certain my cat would have killed me and eaten my remains if given the chance. I'm also pretty sure that when she tripped my ex as he went down the stairs it was not an accident. :think:

:lol: I had one of those... He would wait at the bottom of the steps until I decided to go upstairs and then chase me up the steps biting my ankles/calves. He would also leap across the kitchen and bite me in the a** while I was standing and innocently washing dishes. He made me paranoid in my own home. He loved my husband though and would come running and purring when he came home from work. I was the one who took care of him ( food, clean litter etc). Never figured him out. Very evil creature, that one!

Jen
    :lol::lol::lol: Bite you on the ass!
    My friend had a cat when we were growing up that would launch across the room and attack any exposed skin. He was evil. :? I love kitties :lol:

I got this book for Christmas... :D

TTB4V.jpg
    afroannnie wrote:

TTB4V.jpg
    :lol::lol: I think I might need to borrow that :think:

• DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    afroannnie wrote:

TTB4V.jpg

haha... 2 words: "It is"
    afroannnie wrote:

TTB4V.jpg

It has some helpful hints! :lol:

:lol::lol:

:lol::lol:

15.jpg

afroannnie wrote:
    My cats couldn't kill a fly...literally. I know when there's a bug in the house because the 2 of them will stare at the same spot on the floor but do nothing....they won't even try to play with it. I have seen them chase and meow at a mosquito before, but that's as far as it goes... :lol:
    Jesus...they sound just like ours, except they'll "attempt" to catch it with a few fake swats - all for show, of course.
    edited January 2013
    hedonist wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:
    Jesus...they sound just like ours, except they'll "attempt" to catch it with a few fake swats - all for show, of course.

:lol::lol: Oh yeah mine are totally worthless when it comes to catching anything...but I still love them. :D
    Post edited by afroannnie on
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013

:lol::lol::lol:
    ***reminds self to pack a cat in my luggage the next time I see unlost***

I wonder if black cats are extra scary to her... :twisted:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:

***reminds self to pack a cat in my luggage the next time I see unlost***

I wonder if black cats are extra scary to her... :twisted:

oohh...I'll have to introduce her to Dirty Frank Black...he's the scariest cat ever... :lol:
    afroannnie wrote:

oohh...I'll have to introduce her to Dirty Frank Black...he's the scariest cat ever... :lol:

I have one huge fat black cat, and one skinny LOUD black cat...I think the bigger one would be scarier.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:

I have one huge fat black cat, and one skinny LOUD black cat...I think the bigger one would be scarier.

Sometimes Frank wants to snuggle close and spoon with me...i know it's just his way to get close enough to smother me... :lol::lol:
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    afroannnie wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

Sometimes Frank wants to snuggle close and spoon with me...i know it's just his way to get close enough to smother me... :lol::lol:

:shock:
    afroannnie wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:

YES! Grumpy came back and took up his old habit of wanting to sleep on my pillow...right next to my head. In the middle of the night, he likes to turn on his purring motor up to 11, and lick my face.

So, I started to put a pillow over my head to keep him from waking me up...yeah, now he likes to sit on top of that pillow, and I can't breathe! I try to kick him off, but he clutches onto the pillow so I'm swinging the pillow around and he's still hanging on...fucker. :evil:

- Christopher McCandless
    Wilds wrote:
    insane_murderer_cat.jpg

Too Cool :lol:
    30.jpg

Looks like he means business. :D