Nature's Perfect Killing Machine

Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
edited February 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
th?id=H.4819735846520191&pid=15.1

Domestic cats kill between 1.4 and 3.7 billion birds and between 6.9 and 20.7 billion mammals (mostly mice, shrews, rabbits, squirrels and voles) each year, according to a new study published Tuesday, Jan. 29, in Nature Communications.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/cats-kil ... z2JOrS9Kay

:shock:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    Evil fuzzy beasts!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • And they almost allergy me to death every now and then. They are my Newmans.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    my cat could kick your dog's ass

drunkcat.jpg
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    And they almost allergy me to death every now and then. They are my Newmans.

You and me both. Evil Evil Evil!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR-XyVeiHSLIdOBtXnJZQ11JyLwwxm92VhL8VCK1osKf9xk8G1VOg

The killer awaits at the bottom of the tree ...
  • shepshep Posts: 5,762
    For some reason I knew when I opened this thread it was going to be some reference to cats...

However, I will say that my cat doesn't help add to those numbers (she is toothless and clawless... :lol:... she was a rescue, when we adopted her she had already been declawed, and shortly after we adopted her we took her to the vet and found out she had a severe infection in her gums and needed to have all of her teeth removed)...

so i think I have the most harmless cat on the planet at my house... :lol:
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,814
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQOVV3f2z-q4dceSSjw04P1k0LNzQ8FhAA49SF6YRE2RQ2uZk2BsA
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRL-Zon5vR0DgWPbnHHd4sNUnjlVV5cBTbn8gCiNktXSRplsjnu
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    My cat eats chicken flavored Iam's cat food. I wonder how many chickens go into making that?
    Probably not much... :lol:
    Those chickens didn't even get to put up a fight!
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    mca47 wrote:
    My cat eats chicken flavored Iam's cat food. I wonder how many chickens go into making that?

Usually they just use 'chicken meal' to make cat food...basically ground up remnants from the slaughterhouse.

Booger was a hunter, last kill was a huge rat. The others are just lazy fuckers. Eh, I just figure cats are population control for the vermin.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    Fast Food ...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRteJJREne7dfeGmaj1DmW90M4zkpTX4eqholGL2NVuOcGhdhYm
    180px-mad_cat.jpg
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Cats are the perfect animal, period.

(arguments against this point will not be tolerated!)

I'm convinced George would chase the birds right off our balcony if there were no window between him and them - not that he'd know what to do with them once caught - but he'd chase 'em, alright.
    Purrfect ... For killing!!!

dr-evil.jpg
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQOF1GGTXTPp2NK2MH4AyxVkAA-1y7tE3mvXFRSq6PL9I92EawK

A Snake eating an alligator.
    shep wrote:
    For some reason I knew when I opened this thread it was going to be some reference to cats...

However, I will say that my cat doesn't help add to those numbers (she is toothless and clawless... :lol:... she was a rescue, when we adopted her she had already been declawed, and shortly after we adopted her we took her to the vet and found out she had a severe infection in her gums and needed to have all of her teeth removed)...

so i think I have the most harmless cat on the planet at my house... :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

I haz a lame old man cat. He is pretty worthless, he won't even kill a bug. He hates outdoors, and dirty paws.
    I found him in a bucket ten years ago.
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    I'm fairly certain my cat would have killed me and eaten my remains if given the chance. I'm also pretty sure that when she tripped my ex as he went down the stairs it was not an accident. :think:
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • donnaruhldonnaruhl Posts: 2,157
    I found mine sitting between the fuel pumps at work.A little Blue Seal. So I named him Semi. I had him declawed in front,because I heard that they were mean Cats.Sure Shit! That cat would stock me and wrap his paws around my thigh and bite the living shit out of me.I'd shake him off and he would come back at me sideway's (Slowly) He thought I was his sparing partner or something.I had him for 11yrs. What a personality.
  • donnaruhldonnaruhl Posts: 2,157
    I'm fairly certain my cat would have killed me and eaten my remains if given the chance. I'm also pretty sure that when she tripped my ex as he went down the stairs it was not an accident. :think:

A friend of mine tripped over his cat,lost his balance,Hit the corner of his Kitchen table,And broke his neck.
    I called him Halo-Joe :lol:
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    donnaruhl wrote:

A friend of mine tripped over his cat,lost his balance,Hit the corner of his Kitchen table,And broke his neck.
    I called him Halo-Joe :lol:
    :shock: :o vicious creaturs :lol:
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQW6NlLfbz7vjRY7rknxcrV7AwMlQCvqR1Xkc0pUUssaX_QThrE

My bucket cat seriously Racks any guy I bring home. At 20#, his can do some damage! He drags my bra around the house. Eats my Bracelets. My dental floss. Socks, etc.. If he's Mad he bites me or knocks every thing off my dresser. ( he gets a water squirt!) He throws up if he eats anything but chicken. He is a sad old man. Shep has an old lady.

His average is 4 ball jumps per date/guy. IS he Jealous?

Sheps cat has no claws or teeth!

Killer Whales (Shamu) eat Great White sharks!. They kill baby seals for fun.
    That is downright evil

Tell me Comeback? What Apex predator is number one? (Hint... Not a kitty) :mrgreen:
    Jason P wrote:
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQW6NlLfbz7vjRY7rknxcrV7AwMlQCvqR1Xkc0pUUssaX_QThrE

That cat Church still scares the piss out of me!
    donnaruhl wrote:
    I found mine sitting between the fuel pumps at work.A little Blue Seal. So I named him Semi. I had him declawed in front,because I heard that they were mean Cats.Sure Shit! That cat would stock me and wrap his paws around my thigh and bite the living shit out of me.I'd shake him off and he would come back at me sideway's (Slowly) He thought I was his sparing partner or something.I had him for 11yrs. What a personality.

Awe he loved you!
    They are like snow flakes...
    When I was a kid, I had a cat named Fred. Fred was a bad mo-fo.

I once saw him drag a Mallord duck out of a swamp that was twice his size. Kitty was declawed at the time.
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Had my life taken a different path, I could very well now be a crazy cat lady.

(and I tell you what, some weird shit comes up when googling that term)
    hedonist wrote:
    Had my life taken a different path, I could very well now be a crazy cat lady.

(and I tell you what, some weird shit comes up when googling that term)
    :P

the-cat-lady_50d573cfddf2b32d260012a9.jpg
  • shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,818

:lol: I had one of those... He would wait at the bottom of the steps until I decided to go upstairs and then chase me up the steps biting my ankles/calves. He would also leap across the kitchen and bite me in the a** while I was standing and innocently washing dishes. He made me paranoid in my own home. He loved my husband though and would come running and purring when he came home from work. I was the one who took care of him ( food, clean litter etc). Never figured him out. Very evil creature, that one!

Jen
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 NYC Global Citizen
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/2/18 Fenway 1 9/4/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    2/4/22 EV Earthlings NYC 2/6/22 EV Earthlings Newark 9/11/22 MSG 9/14/22 Camden
    9/3/24 MSG 1 9/4/24 MSG 2 9/7/24 Philly 1 9/9/24 Philly 2
  • supadupasupadupa Posts: 377
    Not my cats. They like to cuddle with my guinea pig. They have no killer instinct.

:lol: I had one of those... He would wait at the bottom of the steps until I decided to go upstairs and then chase me up the steps biting my ankles/calves. He would also leap across the kitchen and bite me in the a** while I was standing and innocently washing dishes. He made me paranoid in my own home. He loved my husband though and would come running and purring when he came home from work. I was the one who took care of him ( food, clean litter etc). Never figured him out. Very evil creature, that one!

Jen

I guess I'm feline capable? I say a phrase and my cat's room mate cat's runs away fast. My last cat was mostly Bobcat mix. I still have scars. She wanted to live with my ex. She was evil. I would give her 20 minutes time out in a kennel. She learned fast, but never liked me. Every animal deserves a chance to love? Some have very odd ways to show it.

BTW... I don't like dogs, unless It's a foster.

I like my turtles. They still haven't evolved, What does that say ....

I had a male fish that made me a bubble nest everyday.... Creepy. :lol: