Options

Wrigley Pre-Party at The Full Shilling Friday July 19th

Comments

• Options
    october22october22 Posts: 2,533
    Wow, that's a shit load of people. What's your guess for how many single women will be there? I'm going with 2.5.

Doesn't really matter as I'm just going to the party to have fun, shoot the shit, meet some cool people and get pumped for the show but...I have a sneaking suspicion that I'm going to be avoiding chick's boyfriends all night.
  • Options
    rearviewrossrearviewross Posts: 3,055
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Finally updated the attendee list! There are over 250 people on it :shock: :shock: :shock:

TWO WEEKS!!!!

I suspect double that or more are actually going to try and get in. Will you be holding the list and checking names at the door? You could be like one of those dick bouncers at a night club. ;)

Rearviewross...? Not on the list, take a fucking hike. Next!

You're wearing a Coldplay tshirt?... go jump in the lake. Next!

Packer gear... you're in. Next!!

October22, yes I see you hear, wait, you're wearing a Taylor Swift sparkly hat... go play in traffic.
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,565
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Finally updated the attendee list! There are over 250 people on it :shock: :shock: :shock:

TWO WEEKS!!!!
    Whoo hoo!!!!
    I'm interested to see how many people actually fit in this place. :P
    Do you know what the capacity is? Does the place plan on putting up a 'reserved for PJ party' sign or anything, or is it just a free for all battle with the general public?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    YLed2YLed2 Des Moines, IA Posts: 5,534
    Mamasan23 wrote:

TWO WEEKS!!!!

Wow. So how impossible is it going to be to actually get a drink in this joint?
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    ... it'll just be a good LITTLE get together of PJ fans getting ready for the show! :D

:lol: :thumbup:

Cannot wait!
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    YLed2 wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

TWO WEEKS!!!!

Yeah, pretty sure I'll walk up, see the giant lines and keep on walking.

:D
  • Options
    YLed2 wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

TWO WEEKS!!!!

I suspect it won't be bad. I mean, assuming they care about abiding the law and fire regulations, it will only get as full as a busy Friday night. Some people might not be able to get in though. On the other hand, I'm thinking that a lot of people will just pop in for a little while. I don't think there would be all 250 people there at one time, and I can't see many people deciding to line up or anything. They'll just move on the closest place that doesn't have a line (at least, I think... why would anyone want to waste time standing in a line?). But anyway, I think I'll try to get there early!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    rearviewrossrearviewross Posts: 3,055
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    YLed2 wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

TWO WEEKS!!!!

I suspect it won't be bad. I mean, assuming they care about abiding the law and fire regulations, it will only get as full as a busy Friday night. Some people might not be able to get in though. On the other hand, I'm thinking that a lot of people will just pop in for a little while. I don't think there would be all 250 people there at one time, and I can't see many people deciding to line up or anything. They'll just move on the closest place that doesn't have a line (at least, I think... why would anyone want to waste time standing in a line?). But anyway, I think I'll try to get there early!

I heard Huey Lewis is going to be there.
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
  • Options
    :lol:

Have you most of you been in Wrigleyville for a Cubs game? It's a shit show with people. I expect this event to be like be that, but on steroids.

It's gonna be a shit show regardless of where you go, but this place will be rocking. It will be extremely packed full of partying jammers. Going to be fucking great! And a shit show.... :lol:
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• Options
    YLed2 wrote:
    :lol:

Have you most of you been in Wrigleyville for a Cubs game? It's a shit show with people. I expect this event to be like be that, but on steroids.

It's gonna be a shit show regardless of where you go, but this place will be rocking. It will be extremely packed full of partying jammers. Going to be fucking great! And a shit show.... :lol:
    :lol: Yeah, I am definitely expecting a shit show too. It's going to be hilarious. :lol:
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    Eh, maybe I'll pass on this
  • Options
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    Eh, maybe I'll pass on this
    :|
  • Options
    October22, yes I see you hear, wait, you're wearing a Taylor Swift sparkly hat... go play in traffic.

Ouch...thought we were friends...

For the record, I own no such hat.
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,168
    I will be there +1 for sure, potentially +4 though. my friends are terrible planners...

:fp:
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,168
    Booze
    we gonna do some jagerbombs, SPEEDY??
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    october22 wrote:

Suuurrre you don't. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    october22 wrote:

Suuurrre you don't. :mrgreen:

:shock:
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    Like PJ Soul said not everyone will be there at the same time. This place is used to the Wrigley crowds and they are fully aware that we are all going to be there. They're making a sign for us and we may have a few other tricks up our sleeve for the day ;)

Rearviewross I love your idea :lol: Oh you say your favorite album is Ten? Go to the Cubby Bear hahhaha
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    CubuCubu N.W. Suburban Chicago Posts: 86
    Count me in! :lol:
    Chicago Stadium -94, Soldier Field -95, United Center -98, Allstate Arena -2000, United Center -03, United Center -06, United Center -09, Alpine Valley - 11, Wrigley Field-13, Wrigley Field-16
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,807
    Booze
    we gonna do some jagerbombs, SPEEDY??
    :P
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    Please please.... don't anyone let me drink Jameson. No no no!!!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    I'm gonna buy you a shot of it!!
  • Options
    Yo
  • Options
    QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Cincinnati, Ohio Posts: 3,626
    Mamasan23 wrote:

Duly noted :P

A lemondrop perhaps?

Can't wait!
    Nice shirt.
  • Options
    I feel great about this.
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• Options
    johnmc1976johnmc1976 Florida Posts: 315
    00' Noblesville, IN 03' Lexington, KY, 13' Wrigley
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    this looks like fun, just noticed this thread. :lol:
  • Options
    yellowwhoyellowwho Posts: 1,661
    I'd like to show up with a few of my friends. I have a question though, forgive me if it's been answered but is there going to be a chaperone.

Thanks.
    :D
  • Options
    PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,873
    does anyone else think shots are a bad idea?

or maybe i just drink too much beer and adding the shots is only a problem because of my speed beer consumption

i really don't want to hate the world on saturday.... but i will if i have to ;)
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,807
    Quite the little bash you have going, mamasan23!!!!!

If half of the people on that list of yours show up...
    WATCH OUT!!!!!

:P :P :P :P :P

Gonna be a great time.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....