Wrigley Pre-Party at The Full Shilling Friday July 19th

Comments

• kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
    81 wrote:
    kw18 wrote:
    I mean, I tried some on the MT trip, and it just tasted like crumbled cheese (good cheese, but still cheese).

that's what i said too . :fp:

You got some shitty curds

I'm sorry

They were tasty! Just don't see what the big fuss over them are. Certainly not worth $10 or whatever. That's crazy.
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    kw18 wrote:
    81 wrote:

they are running 57c out here....like 80c in the city :fp:

You're shopping in the wrong places. My local produce store sells bananas for $0.59/lb.

stopped at jewels on irving park someplace east of that target/best buy plaza...80c ....i about crapped myself
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    kw18 wrote:
    They were tasty! Just don't see what the big fuss over them are. Certainly not worth $10 or whatever. That's crazy.

it was fuckin cheese. :fp:

i will concede the deep fried curds at lucky monks is pretty tasty
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    kw18 wrote:

The squeak

The squeak, man!
    81 wrote:
    kw18 wrote:

It tastes saltier and squeaks

tongue10.gif
    it's fuckin cheese.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    it's fuckin cheese.

It's beer
    81 wrote:
    kw18 wrote:
    81 wrote:

they are running 57c out here....like 80c in the city :fp:

You're shopping in the wrong places. My local produce store sells bananas for $0.59/lb.

stopped at jewels on irving park someplace east of that target/best buy plaza...80c ....i about crapped myself

Oh, well that's where you screwed yourself. Don't go to one of those chain places. You gotta go to the mom and pop places, or the guy selling veggies on the street out the back of his truck. Those are where the deals are at.
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
    Should this thread be renamed "Official Food Critique Thread"? :fp:

Thread integrity: WOOO!!! PARTY!!!
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
    kw18 wrote:
    Oh, well that's where you screwed yourself. Don't go to one of those chain places. You gotta go to the mom and pop places, or the guy selling veggies on the street out the back of his truck. Those are where the deals are at.

do they do cash back transactions???

cash is what i was really after. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    kw18 wrote:

At these places, it's mostly cash-only. :fp:
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
    kw18 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    kw18 wrote:

At these places, it's mostly cash-only. :fp:

that's no good....i had no cash. :lol:

jewel and walmart are my atm machine :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

:fp:

Don't you have to pay a fee for that? Who do you bank with?
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
    kw18 wrote:
    81 wrote:

nope.

two lbs bannanas....$100 cash back. boom. thanks

i use a credit union....closest branch is 270 miles away. :P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    kw18 wrote:
    81 wrote:

nope.

two lbs bannanas....$100 cash back. boom. thanks

i use a credit union....closest branch is 270 miles away. :P

a hundred on cash back?

Jesus Tap dancing Christ
    a hundred on cash back?

Jesus Tap dancing Christ

is that alot?

Target limits it to $40 :fp: i think dominicks is $60 :fp:

if i go to the local CU and do a shared branch withdrawl it's ussally a $300 :willshrug:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    81 wrote:

:lol: i do the same.

i have an account with TD bank that i opened when i was in college back in NYC, and opened a chase account when i moved out here. i am too lazy to close my TD account because it's way too much work to change my direct deposit and my credit card accounts that are linked to it.

while i could use my chase debit card at a million chase ATMs in the city, i prefer the game of constantly using my TD debit card at walgreens and jewel to see how long i can go without a fee.
  • mattcozmattcoz Posts: 2,202
    Bananas and cheese curds and bank accounts... what was this thread supposed to be about again? :?

:roll:
    rival. wrote:
    81 wrote:

i have an account with TD bank that i opened when i was in college back in NYC, and opened a chase account when i moved out here. i am too lazy to close my TD account because it's way too much work to change my direct deposit and my credit card accounts that are linked to it.

while i could use my chase debit card at a million chase ATMs in the city, i prefer the game of constantly using my TD debit card at walgreens and jewel to see how long i can go without a fee.

i didn't know walgreen's did it as well.....but i hate going into their stores. shits expensive and checkout is always slow. :fp:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    mattcoz wrote:
    Bananas and cheese curds and bank accounts... what was this thread supposed to be about again? :?

:lol:

a party that is 4 months away :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    mattcoz wrote:

I say we move it up a bit... how's tonight? :mrgreen:
    mattcoz wrote:
    81 wrote:
    mattcoz wrote:

I say we move it up a bit... how's tonight? :mrgreen:

i'm sleepy....make it tommorrow.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,885
    81 wrote:
    rival. wrote:
    81 wrote:

i didn't know walgreen's did it as well.....but i hate going into their stores. shits expensive and checkout is always slow. :fp:
    Liquor Stores give $100 cash back here. It's ideal. :P
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Liquor Stores give $100 cash back here. It's ideal. :P

bless canada
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    81 wrote:

yeah, the one i go to downtown on lake street is a shit show. they had like 13 self checkouts at one point, and it just flowed. got rid of them and now have three cashiers that have no clue what they are doing. it might be worse than the DMV.

i don't have credit union though... double check and make sure walgreens is under the non-fee umbrella.
  • rearviewrossrearviewross Posts: 3,055
    kw18 wrote:

The squeak

The squeak, man!

Yep. If they are really fresh they squeak when you chew them and they still have the salty brine on them. They are damn good but they have to be fresh, no more than a day old.
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
  • rearviewrossrearviewross Posts: 3,055
    81 wrote:
    kw18 wrote:

When I was going to college in LaCrosse I had a roommate from Minneapolis. He wanted to deep fry cheese curds. He had the oil all hot and ready. I happened to be walking by and I stopped him right before he dropped the unbreaded curds into the fry daddy. Stupid Viking fans. :fp:
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
    rival. wrote:
    81 wrote:

yeah, the one i go to downtown on lake street is a shit show. they had like 13 self checkouts at one point, and it just flowed. got rid of them and now have three cashiers that have no clue what they are doing. it might be worse than the DMV.
    Pissed me off so much when they switched from self-checkout to the idiot cashiers. :fp:
  • KimmiebyromKimmiebyrom Posts: 1,832
    Yeah I definitely prefer not to use humans for my grocery transactions. Waste of time.
    2003 Dallas
    2013 Wrigley
    2013 Dallas
    2013 Oklahoma City
    2013 Seattle

How I choose to feel is how I am.
    There's just one word I still believe...and it's LOVE.
    "Take care of one another..." -EV
    Albar.jpg
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg