Options

Benny Hall mint in plastic wrapping

INDIFFERENCE MAKERINDIFFERENCE MAKER Posts: 269
edited January 2013 in Lost Dogs
I have one of these and need some extra $
can someone tell me what the fair going rate is for one of these?

I'm thinking about selling but want to do it the right way?

thanks
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    front spacerfront spacer Earth Posts: 3,246
    They recently sold at the 10C Poster Show for $400. A mint sealed Benny can start at that price and go up to $700. I've seen them for over that on ebay ($1000-$1200). So it just depends on what kind of ransom you wish to ask. ;)
    Indy - 08.17.98
    Indy - 08.18.00
    Indy - 06.22.03
    Indy - 05.07.10
    EV StL - 07.01.11
    Alpine Valley - 09.03.11, 09.04.11 (PJ20)
    ATL - 09.22.12 (Music Midtown Festival)
    EV Jax - 11.24.12
    Chicago - 07.19.13
    Pittsburgh - 10.11.13
    Moline - 10.17.14 (The No Code Show)
    Milwaukee - 10.20.14 (The Yield Show)
    FtL - 04.08.16
    Miami - 04.09.16
    Tampa - 04.11.16
    Lexington - 04.26.16
    Chicago - 08.20.16, 08.22.16
    Chicago - 08.18.18, 08.20.18
    Boston - 09.02.18, 09.04.18
  • Options
    Pm sent
    IT'S EVOLUTION BABY!!!!!
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,012
    Sealed = $800
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,149
    Minty fresh, like a new pack of baseball cards? 8-)
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    yes
    mint
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    The one PJ LP that I'll probably never own....

Best of luck with your sale!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    I wouldnt take anything under a grand for it.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    Aussie357Aussie357 Posts: 649

+1
    Benchmark $1000.00+ for mint/sealed.
    The handful that were sold at the poster convention didn't change a thing.
    Good luck!
    I'll keep takin' punches until their will grows tired... Hey I won't change direction and I won't change my mind.......
  • Options
    Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,240
    Aussie357 wrote:

+1
    Good luck!

I think it did, the last four sealed have sold for $800.
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    Horse2345 wrote:
    Aussie357 wrote:

+1
    Good luck!

I think it did, the last four sealed have sold for $800.

We'll see - the few that were sold were numbered (so I assume part of the original 2000) so it's not like the market is now flooded with a ton of new copies.
    I think the fact that there were 5 on the auction site at once was part knee jerk reaction from worried owners trying to cash in, one or two flippers, and part people needing Xmas funds.... I can't remember ever seeing that many copies at once.
    I give it a few months and they'll dry up again.
    But, who knows.....
    I'll keep takin' punches until their will grows tired... Hey I won't change direction and I won't change my mind.......
  • Options
    Wonder if this guy would agree with you :roll:
    http://community.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=201969
    ~~~~~~~Vinyl For Sale (shipping costs in North America included)~~~~~~~
    The Who - Phases Box Set. Ltd. Ed. All 9 studio albums w/ Moon (11 discs) $200
    ^discogs entry link^
    Peter Gabriel - Up 200 gram 'Classic Records' audiophile version. Sealed. $225
    ^discogs entry link^
    Van Halen - I 180 gram Remastered 'DCC Compact Classic' version. Ltd. Ed. (#53!). Sealed. $175
    ^discogs entry link^
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • Options
    Greatplainsman...Greatplainsman... Posts: 839
    edited January 2013
    Hateraide! :lol: I offered $700 about an hour and a half after this was posted. I'm not trying to be sneaky. I never got a response. I think it's a fair price to a member, or you can get $815 for it on eBay and pay their fees; it's totally the op's choice and I can assure you; I wouldn't have any hard feelings if he didn't want it. Heck, he didn't even act like he was sure he wanted to sell. Again, I just think it kind of defeats the purpose of OUR community. Jmo, and I hope the op gets exactly what he wants. I will eventually get one, and i will lock myself in my music room and spin the shit out of those records as they will never leave me until I perish. Pearl Jam means much more to me than any amount of money and if I wasn't a disabled vet on a limited income; I would have owned this long ago. Heck, I didn't even have Internet when these sold originally. Peace

Wonder if this guy would agree with you :roll:
    http://community.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=201969
    Post edited by Greatplainsman... on
    IT'S EVOLUTION BABY!!!!!
  • Options
    It kinda sounds like you're more worried about how much your Benaroya Hall vinyl is worth other than the fact that you're one of less than 2000 people whom get to actually hear this performance on vinyl. Shall I go into all the audiophile mumbo jumbo. Naa. It's not about that to me. I hope they come out with a reissue after I spend the big bucks. Doesn't matter to me; I'll never sell it, and I wish all my PJ brothers could have Benny on vinyl. I don't take myself very serious... :D

+1
    Good luck![/quote]

We'll see - the few that were sold were numbered (so I assume part of the original 2000) so it's not like the market is now flooded with a ton of new copies.
    I think the fact that there were 5 on the auction site at once was part knee jerk reaction from worried owners trying to cash in, one or two flippers, and part people needing Xmas funds.... I can't remember ever seeing that many copies at once.
    But, who knows.....[/quote]
    IT'S EVOLUTION BABY!!!!!
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    It kinda sounds like you're more worried about how much your Benaroya Hall vinyl is worth other than the fact that you're one of less than 2000 people whom get to actually hear this performance on vinyl. Shall I go into all the audiophile mumbo jumbo. Naa. It's not about that to me. I hope they come out with a reissue after I spend the big bucks. Doesn't matter to me; I'll never sell it, and I wish all my PJ brothers could have Benny on vinyl. I don't take myself very serious... :D

+1
    Good luck!

But, who knows.....[/quote][/quote]

Are you referring to me? If so, no, I am not worried about the value of my lp's. Mine are opened, have been played a few times and I wouldnt sell my used copy for under $800.

2 months ago used copies were selling in the $1000-$1200 range.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    I wasn't asking a question bro, or pointing fingers, just making an observation and stating my opinion, which frankly don't mean squat. I know where I stand on the totem pole. I don't see why anyone would sell for any amount of money. Jmo
    IT'S EVOLUTION BABY!!!!!
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,291
    I would agree that the 20 or 30 copies that the 10c recently sold caused a temporary blip in the neverending increase in the price of a mint benaroya vinyl.

Once they end up into secure hands and stop appearing on ebay, the prices will go back up. There's a big difference when there's 5 auctions at the same, and when it dwindles to an auction once and a while.
  • Options
    Aussie357 wrote:
    But, who knows.....

No Greatplainsman, if you were talking to me I'm not worried about mine at all. I paid fair market value at the time, and if they weren't so damned expensive I'd probably loan it to a bunch of people to listen to.
    I thought we were talking about the price of the set, not your set or my set.....
    My opinion is that these will not only maintain a high value, but increase in years to come. But that's just my humble opinion.....
    The OP asked an open question and I threw in my 2 cents - that's all.
    Never fun to see a fellow fan unintentionally sell something for way less than it's worth due to lack of info or knowledge.
    He can take all of our input and decide what's best for him.
    Cheers!
  • Options
    Aussie357 wrote:
    Aussie357 wrote:
    But, who knows.....

No Greatplainsman, if you were talking to me I'm not worried about mine at all. I paid fair market value at the time, and if they weren't so damned expensive I'd probably loan it to a bunch of people to listen to.
    I thought we were talking about the price of the set, not your set or my set.....
    My opinion is that these will not only maintain a high value, but increase in years to come. But that's just my humble opinion.....
    The OP asked an open question and I threw in my 2 cents - that's all.
    Never fun to see a fellow fan unintentionally sell something for way less than it's worth due to lack of info or knowledge.
    He can take all of our input and decide what's best for him.
    Cheers!
    :lol::lol::lol:
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    moses562moses562 Posts: 1,382
    Whoa...what's going on here? Ok...give me the Benny for safe keeping while the exchange of words go on.
    "A man has the right to be as big as he feels it in him to be." Ken Kesey
  • Options
    MajLreapMajLreap Posts: 100
    My buddy just sold his for $1500. It was sealed and #'d. I wanted it so bad but he was desperate for cash.
  • Options
    thanks for the info guys
    I am realizing more now of the significance of this piece.
    This seems to be more of something I might hang onto and hand down to my little ones.
    thanks
  • Options
    Congrats! You made the right decision. Although I think you should open and spin it, carefully. Jmo.
    Oh, And if someone just paid $1500, it must have been off the grid. No documented comparables even come close to that in the last 2 months.
    Peace
    IT'S EVOLUTION BABY!!!!!
  • Options
    I paid $818 for an unnumbered sealed mint copy on ebay 14 days ago.
    Rock Werchter 4 july - 2010, Arras 3 july - 2010, Berlin Wuhlheide - June 30, 2010, Odyssey arena Belfast - 23 june 2010, O2 arena Dublin - june 22 2010, O2 arena London - Aug 18, 2009, Manchester Evening News Arena - Aug 17, 2009, Berlin Wuhlheide - Aug 15, 2009, Copenhagen 2007-06-26 Forum, London 2007-06-18 Wembley Arena, Prague 2006-09-22 Sazka Arena, Denmark 2000-06-30 Roskilde Festival, Stockholm on August 12th Mirrorball tour with Neil Young, Oslo 1993-06-27 Isle of Calf Festival(Kalvoya), Oslo Secret Club Concert 1993-06-26 Sentrum Scene
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,149
    thanks for the info guys
    This seems to be more of something I might hang onto and hand down to my little ones.
    thanks

Best thing I've read in this thread. 8-)
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    thanks for the info guys
    thanks

:thumbup: nice choice!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    rbrum7rbrum7 Posts: 976
    thanks for the info guys
    thanks

Can you please adopt me? ;)
    Cleveland, OH - 8/26/98
    Cleveland, OH - 4/25/03
    Cleveland, OH - 5/20/06
    Cleveland, OH - 5/9/10
    (EV Solo) Detroit, MI - 6/26/11
    East Troy, WI - 9/3/11
    East Troy, WI - 9/4/11
    Chicago, IL - 7/19/13
    Shitsburgh, PA - 10/11/13
    Los Angeles, CA - 11/23/13
    Los Angeles, CA - 11/23/13
    Detroit, MI - 10/16/14
    Lexington, KY - 4/26/16
    Manchester, TN - 6/11/16
    Chicago, IL - 8/18/18
    Chicago, IL - 8/20/18
    (EV Solo) Tempe, AZ - 3/2/19
    Los Angeles, CA - 4/15/20 (Canceled)
    Los Angeles, CA - 4/16/20 (Canceled)
    Indianapolis, IN - 9/10/23 (Canceled)
  • Options
    thanks for the info guys
    thanks

Great decision - you definitely have a gem in your possession!!!
    Cheers!
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,291
    I paid $818 for an unnumbered sealed mint copy on ebay 14 days ago.

That would of been the time to do it. Had all those flippers selling their copies on ebay from the 10c sale. It temporarily spiked the supply (not over all supply, but freely roaming copies).

If one was going to shell out an arm and leg for it.. then (or right now I suppose) would the time. Once the dust settles and the newly distributied copies find more permanent homes, the auctions will reduce on ebay, and the prices will march upwards again :(

I'm lucky as to have bought one from 10c way back in the day, but I was so broke in university that I came close to selling it a few times (and the going ebay rate back then was about 400). Somehow I managed to make ends meet and didn't to sell it. I'm glad I didn't. I don't know what my price would be. 1500 still isn't enough :)