Options

PLEASE SIGN - Petition to bring back poster presale for 2013

Comments

• Options
    ceska wrote:
    Fine if they want to make it "part of the experience." But how about bringing back the wristbands so you could claim your poster after the show? They did that in 2006 or 2008, and it worked really well I thought.

I loved the wristband system — they used it when I saw them in 2008. I agree, they definitely should bring this back.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,934
    YLed2 wrote:
    As many have already mentioned, would be extremely useful and convenient, especially for this show.

Especially if it rains @ Wrigley. I'm sure they will have plenty of posters to go around. If not then just jump the one carrying more then 2+ that leaves the merchandise table when the clerk say's "all out of posters". :twisted:
  • Options
    SwordoSwordo Posts: 266
    I support the idea, although I suspect our efforts are futile.
  • Options
    PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,293
    Bump
  • Options
    Let's make this happen. Bump
  • Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    poster pre-sales would be awesome.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Options
    yes
    please
  • Options
    Yes. This is one of the best friggin things they ever did.

I have also heard the whole "maintain the experience" arguement...but trust me, I have had just about enough of "the experience" that goes along with poster lines at a PJ show. :lol:

I will glady pay extra to have my ONE poster show up safe and sound at the end of the tour.
    "Like a cloud dropping rain...I'm discarding all thought"
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    PJ-Cubs wrote:
    Let's make this happen. Bump
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    JedJed New York City Posts: 1,138
    another vote for bringing this back please!
  • Options
    Agreed... and bUmp.
    c b j
  • Options
    moonsteps wrote:
    Yes. This is one of the best friggin things they ever did.

I have also heard the whole "maintain the experience" arguement...but trust me, I have had just about enough of "the experience" that goes along with poster lines at a PJ show. :lol:

I will glady pay extra to have my ONE poster show up safe and sound at the end of the tour.
    i prefer to NOT have the "experience" of hoping i get aposter, only to have to protect it like a mother hen and not get to fully enjoy the "concert experience".
  • Options
    This "experience" thing is crap.

These posters are an artificial market created by bands/venues/etc. Gig posters used to be advertisements stapled to phone poles and plastered on venues and music stores. Now, they are just mass produced merch like everything else. Any sacrality has already been sacrificed itself to the gods of money. That, in and of itself, brings doubt to any sort of importance of the "experience".

Not to say I don't buy into it, b/c I do. I get posters right and left. I feed the machine. It's ok.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm a grown up now. And I've come to enjoy non-PJ shows more than PJ shows just b/c of all of the stress around getting to the venue ass early to stand in line to get a poster then lug it around for hours on end and constantly checking on it throughout the gig to make sure no one is stepping on it, puking on it, spilling beer on it, dancing on it, or stealing it. Other shows, I go and enjoy music. PJ, I half enjoy music and half suffer through this "experience" of theirs. I'm an addict, I guess, but it hurts.

They've also mentioned at one point or another that presales and whatnot kill the secondary market. Which is also crap, b/c it sounds a lot to me like they are advocating (if not outright abetting) a form of scalping.

At the end of the day, I'm all in on their merchandise tactic and sucking up show posters... but I prefer my "experience" to be much more unbridaled rocking out to the best band in the world and much less battling flippers and drunks to protect my memorabilia. I had 12 hours of "experience" at MIA, and as a result, I don't ever want to go to another PJ festival show.
    • 98 Pgh
    • 00 Pgh
    • 03 Pgh|Philly|PSU|Camden 1+2|Hershey
    • 04 Boston 1|Reading
    • 05 Philly
    • 06 Camden 1+2|Pgh
    • 08 Camden 1+2|Hartford|Mansfield 2
    • 09 Philly 1 [EV]|Toronto|Spectrum 1-4
    • 10 Cleveland|Buffalo
    • 11 Philly [EV]|PJ20
    • 12 Philly
    • 13 London|Pgh|Buff|Philly 1+2|Balt
    • 14 Cincy|StL
    • 16 Philly 1+2|Philly 2 [TotD]
    • 18 Boston 1+2
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    Not sure why we want this.

taking public tran to the ballpark,
    waiting in line for, who knows how long, to get a poster
    worrying more about the poster than the show
    going to a bar to grab a drink or two and a bite to eat to let train lines die down
    then taking the train back to your hotel
    then storing the thing on a plane...

Doesn't that sound like a great time?

The preceding message was sarcastic
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    Zod wrote:
    Gorge '06. It was soooo hot. the doors opened fairly early. We got there at doors... first booth sold out right away.. felt like an idiot running down the merch booth at the bottom of the hill. got a poster. Then because we got there so friggin early, and it was so hot, I was pretty burned out by the time the band hit the state. There is really no shade at the gorge.. it was brutal.

This post made me laugh.

I start to loathe myself when, every year at the Dave Matthews concerts, I find myself running like a freakin' moron to the lower merch booths to get a poster. My wife thinks I'm an idiot. When I factor in the jockeying that goes on in the 'line up' as well as the 'getting-behind-'Ethyl-who-tries-on-3-different-sizes-only-to-change-her-mind-and-go-with-a-button-collection-then-forgetting-her-bank-card-password' delay... every year I say to myself, "Not this year. No way!" But... of course... who am I kidding? I friggin' do it again.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,590
    +1

it's annoying to wait in line to maybe get one and it's annoying to carry it around all night.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    ComeToTX wrote:
    +1

it's annoying to wait in line to maybe get one and it's annoying to carry it around all night.
    but...the "experience"!!!!!
  • Options
    Bump.

We can get the 10C to bring these back!!
  • Options
    I 100% support pre-sale posters.
    2009 was so much easier and enjoyable.
    6/24/95, 11/4/95, 11/7/95, 7/10/98, 7/12/98, 7/13/98, 10/24/00, 10/25/00, 10/27/00, 6/2/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 7/7/06. 7/9/06, 7/10/06
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    up
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    up top
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    rmwatsonrmwatson Posts: 159
    Agree - Agree - Agree

I dont want to lug a poster around all night, and then deal with it on a flight home - and I also dont want to get stuck checking the site every month for the next year waiting for them to finally release the poster for sale well after the show. I gambled that with MIA - and luckily they finally put that poster on the site.
  • Options
    jened10jened10 Posts: 170
    Bump :D
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,590
    rmwatson wrote:
    Agree - Agree - Agree

I dont want to lug a poster around all night, and then deal with it on a flight home - and I also dont want to get stuck checking the site every month for the next year waiting for them to finally release the poster for sale well after the show. I gambled that with MIA - and luckily they finally put that poster on the site.

All valid points as well.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    While everyone is waiting for tickets, let's got some support going to bring back the poster pre-sales.
  • Options
    Bump
  • Options
    Bump Bump Bump, please do this again.
  • Options
    jlaustinjlaustin Ann Arbor, MI Posts: 2,355
    Bump!

Pleeeeeeeease!

:!:
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Cincy, Detroit, Moline, & Milwaukee