Options

HOLY GRAIL OF HEALTH! 17 Items Raffled! WINNERS ANNOUNCED!!!

Comments

• Options
    Chicagone wrote:
    Just wanted to thank you all for all the kick ass support and for rbrum7 for coordinating this whole awesome idea to help me out in these shitty times. A huge thank you to all who have donated items items and also to all who have thrown in the cash for a chance to win some geat PJ stuff. This really is the most amazing thing anyone has ever done for me and it still brings me to tears every time I read this thread over. I love how awesome this community is and all the support from around the globe is inspiring. Thanks again to everyone involved and hope we'll have a chance to meet up this fall. I am truly blown away by how much love this community has for each other and karma truly works wonders and will reward those whose time it is. I wish I could thank each and every one of you who donated and sent me well wishes in person and give you a huge hug or buy you a beer or blaze a nug. With people like all of you in this world and in this great community, I have faith that everything will work out well in the end. THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE !!!!!!! You all f'n rock and this means the world to me and hope to meet you all in person someday soon, hopefully this fall!! Hopefully! Love you all and this truly is such a great thing that Ryan has done from the bottom of his heart for someone he's never met in person. Now, that's the definition of a true die-hard PJ fan and the great things that we will do for each other in times of need. Again, to all who donated items, you guys are the best!! Much love from my heart and around this stupid tumor, can't wait until it's gone and I can move on with my life and begin to figure out how I can possibly make a show on the fall tour to meet and thank as many of you as possible in person. Also, looks like I'll have to take a trip overseas to thank the kick ass members who have helped out in all this. I love all you guys and girls and this is truly inspiring to see how the community for a band can do things like this, just f'n amazing!!!!

THANK YOU ALL FOR THE SUPPORT!!!!!!! :mrgreen::clap: LOVE EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU!!!

Hoping to see you in Chicago! Be well friend. :thumbup: :wave:
    Red Rocks 6/19/95 * Rapid City 6/24/98 * EV Vegas 11/1/12 * EV Tulsa 11/19/12 * Wrigley Field 7/19/13 * Brooklyn 10/19/13 * Philly 10/21/13 * Philly 10/22/13 * Hartford 10/25/13 * OKC 11/16/13 * Tulsa 10/8/2014 * Lincoln 10/9/2014 * Moline 10/17/2014 * St Paul 10/19/2014 * Greenville 4/16/16 * Philly 4/28/16 * Philly 4/29/16 * MSG 5/1/16 * MSG 5/2/16 * Wrigley 8/20/16 * Seattle 8/8/18 * Seattle 8/10/18 * Wrigley 8/18/18 * Asbury Park 9/18/21 * St Louis 9/18/22 * Denver 9/22/22 * St Paul 8/31/23
  • Options
    LoveboatKmanLoveboatKman Australia Posts: 289
    Congrats Ryan on being a 'stand-up dude' willing to put yourself out for others. I'm pretty sure i've never met any of you (being in Australia) but just felt so compelled to help out. Sometimes it's only money, but what it can do for someone elses spirits and well-being makes it so much more.
    Well done, and all the best Angelo.
  • Options
    rbrum7rbrum7 Posts: 976
    deftones wrote:
    Donation sent!
    Too late for the raffle, but I could use the positive karma!!
    Sending thoughts of good health and a speedy recovery!!
    :)

Kari,

Just woke up on the couch and saw this. You're not too late, I have you in the raffle! To be honest, I would still accept donations and enter people in the drawing all the way up until I pull the random numbers, which will hopefully be Friday night if I'm not too exhausted after work, falling asleep on the couch doesn't help much, but that's what I'm aiming for, ha.

It's just one of those things where all good, make that all great things must come to and end. And if I didn't put some kind of deadline on it, the people who wait till the last minute (like myself :mrgreen: ) wouldn't have any driving force to follow through.

Again, if anyone else sees this and feels like donating. I'll accept up until I pull names. I'll put a "closed" post up once its officially locked up.

Thanks to all that donated...much love!
    Cleveland, OH - 8/26/98
    Cleveland, OH - 4/25/03
    Cleveland, OH - 5/20/06
    Cleveland, OH - 5/9/10
    (EV Solo) Detroit, MI - 6/26/11
    East Troy, WI - 9/3/11
    East Troy, WI - 9/4/11
    Chicago, IL - 7/19/13
    Shitsburgh, PA - 10/11/13
    Los Angeles, CA - 11/23/13
    Detroit, MI - 10/16/14
    Lexington, KY - 4/26/16
    Manchester, TN - 6/11/16
    Chicago, IL - 8/18/18
    Chicago, IL - 8/20/18
    (EV Solo) Tempe, AZ - 3/2/19
    Los Angeles, CA - 4/15/20 (Canceled)
    Los Angeles, CA - 4/16/20 (Canceled)
    Indianapolis, IN - 9/10/23 (Canceled)
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Chicagone wrote:
    Just wanted to thank you all for all the kick ass support and for rbrum7 for coordinating this whole awesome idea to help me out in these shitty times. A huge thank you to all who have donated items items and also to all who have thrown in the cash for a chance to win some geat PJ stuff. This really is the most amazing thing anyone has ever done for me and it still brings me to tears every time I read this thread over. I love how awesome this community is and all the support from around the globe is inspiring. Thanks again to everyone involved and hope we'll have a chance to meet up this fall. I am truly blown away by how much love this community has for each other and karma truly works wonders and will reward those whose time it is. I wish I could thank each and every one of you who donated and sent me well wishes in person and give you a huge hug or buy you a beer or blaze a nug. With people like all of you in this world and in this great community, I have faith that everything will work out well in the end. THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE !!!!!!! You all f'n rock and this means the world to me and hope to meet you all in person someday soon, hopefully this fall!! Hopefully! Love you all and this truly is such a great thing that Ryan has done from the bottom of his heart for someone he's never met in person. Now, that's the definition of a true die-hard PJ fan and the great things that we will do for each other in times of need. Again, to all who donated items, you guys are the best!! Much love from my heart and around this stupid tumor, can't wait until it's gone and I can move on with my life and begin to figure out how I can possibly make a show on the fall tour to meet and thank as many of you as possible in person. Also, looks like I'll have to take a trip overseas to thank the kick ass members who have helped out in all this. I love all you guys and girls and this is truly inspiring to see how the community for a band can do things like this, just f'n amazing!!!!

THANK YOU ALL FOR THE SUPPORT!!!!!!! :mrgreen::clap: LOVE EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU!!!

This is what it's all about!!! :mrgreen:

Over the past few weeks Angelo and I have kept in touch through texts and I'm happy to say I've made a life long friend. Let me assure you that when he says he loves and wants to meet each and every one of you to show his appreciation, he isn't blowing smoke up your ass, he really means it. He would give any of you the shirt off his back.

I feel so blessed to have experienced and witnessed all the positive actions that have come out of this. My heart is truly warmed by everyone's generosity.

I know Wrigley is 5 months out and by then the excitement about this thread will have worn down, but I want everyone who is making the trip to Chicago that was a part of this to meet up, enjoy each others company and keep some of these good vibes flowing. I'd either like to do it the night before the show or early the afternoon of the show. I know a great pizza place with quality brews that would be perfect, so anyone who is down, please reach out and let me know and I'll organize it. My wife and I are making the trip. Her brother is a doctor at the University of Chicago and me, my wife and our beautiful 4 month old will be staying at his place for a few nights and the night of the show. I wish I could offer you all a place to crash, but unfortunately me, the wife and kid will already be occupying all the free space in their apartment.

Now, for the most important part of all for my little Chicago plan, lets make sure we get Angelo there and get him a ticket. I still want to meet all of you, but it just wouldn't be complete without him there to enjoy it and meet all you wonderful peeps as well!

Much love,
    Ryan (Brum)
    Post edited by rbrum7 on
    Cleveland, OH - 8/26/98
    Cleveland, OH - 4/25/03
    Cleveland, OH - 5/20/06
    Cleveland, OH - 5/9/10
    East Troy, WI - 9/3/11
    East Troy, WI - 9/4/11
    Chicago, IL - 7/19/13
    Detroit, MI - 10/16/14
    Lexington, KY - 4/26/16
    Manchester, TN - 6/11/16
    Chicago, IL - 8/18/18
    Chicago, IL - 8/20/18
  • Options
    deftonesdeftones Athens, Greece Posts: 2,444
    rbrum7 wrote:
    Chicagone wrote:

This is what it's all about!!! :mrgreen:

Over the past few weeks Angelo and I have kept in touch through texts and I'm happy to say I've made a life long friend. Let me assure you that when he says he loves and wants to meet each and every one of you to show his appreciation, he isn't blowing smoke up your ass, he really means it. He would give any of you the shirt off his back.

I feel so blessed to have experienced and witnessed all the positive actions that have come out of this. My heart is truly warmed by everyone's generosity.

I know Wrigley is 5 months out and by then the excitement about this thread will have worn down, but I want everyone who is making the trip to Chicago that was a part of this to meet up, enjoy each others company and keep some of these good vibes flowing. I'd either like to do it the night before the show or early the afternoon of the show. I know a great pizza place with quality brews that would be perfect, so anyone who is down, please reach out and let me know and I'll organize it. My wife and I are making the trip. Her brother is a doctor at the University of Chicago and me, my wife and our beautiful 4 month old will be staying at his place for a few nights and the night of the show. I wish I could offer you all a place to crash, but unfortunately me, the wife and kid will already be occupying all the free space in their apartment.

Now, for the most important part of all for my little Chicago plan, lets make sure we get Angelo there and get him a ticket. I still want to meet all of you, but it just wouldn't be complete without him there to enjoy it and meet all you wonderful peeps as well!

Love,
    Ryan (Brum)
    I wish i could be with you guys. :( Drink a couple of beers for me too, make sure we get a ticket for Angelo and i'm waiting for you for the next euro tour. Good luck to all for tonight's draw. Love from Greece
    Kostas
    ATHENS / 30-9-2006, MANCHESTER / 20-6-2012, MANCHESTER / 21-6-2012, AMSTERDAM / 16-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 17-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 12-6-2018, AMSTERDAM / 13-6-2018, PRAGUE / 1-7-2018, KRAKOW / 3-7-2018, BERLIN / 5-7-2018
  • Options
    I'm sending some extra to help cover travel costs for Angelo to make it to Wrigley!
    I hope in the spirit of PJ others will join me!!
    A little bit from each of us could make the trip a reality!
  • Options
    Up
    ATHENS / 30-9-2006, MANCHESTER / 20-6-2012, MANCHESTER / 21-6-2012, AMSTERDAM / 16-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 17-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 12-6-2018, AMSTERDAM / 13-6-2018, PRAGUE / 1-7-2018, KRAKOW / 3-7-2018, BERLIN / 5-7-2018
  • Options
    I'm sending some extra to help cover travel costs for Angelo to make it to Wrigley!
    I hope in the spirit of PJ others will join me!!
    A little bit from each of us could make the trip a reality!

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
    Cleveland, OH - 8/26/98
    Cleveland, OH - 4/25/03
    Cleveland, OH - 5/20/06
    Cleveland, OH - 5/9/10
    East Troy, WI - 9/3/11
    East Troy, WI - 9/4/11
    Chicago, IL - 7/19/13
    Detroit, MI - 10/16/14
    Lexington, KY - 4/26/16
    Manchester, TN - 6/11/16
    Chicago, IL - 8/18/18
    Chicago, IL - 8/20/18
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,802
    going to Mamasan's pre-party at The Full Schilling prior to the show, anyone else here planning on that? (If not too jam packed...I dont wait in line to drink a beer if there are other places w/o lines nearby!)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I like the idea of a quieter meeting the day/night before the show myself.

Still time to donate, folks. We have until Ryan adds the word "CLOSED" to the thread title.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind wrote:
    I agree...That's what I'm going for. I know this place called Piece Brewery and Pizzeria that I had in mind. Instead of the traditional Chicago style pizza, they do like an NY style and they have their own brewed beers, other tap & bottled micro brews and then just regular old beer for those who like to drink cold piss, ha no offense anyone.

Website is http://www.piecechicago.com

It's located on W. North Ave. in Wicker Park. They'll take reservations for parties of 10 or more, so if we have enough interest I could set that up, still allowing us to have a chill night and be able to talk to each other some.
    Cleveland, OH - 8/26/98
    Cleveland, OH - 4/25/03
    Cleveland, OH - 5/20/06
    Cleveland, OH - 5/9/10
    East Troy, WI - 9/3/11
    East Troy, WI - 9/4/11
    Chicago, IL - 7/19/13
    Detroit, MI - 10/16/14
    Lexington, KY - 4/26/16
    Manchester, TN - 6/11/16
    Chicago, IL - 8/18/18
    Chicago, IL - 8/20/18
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,802
    rbrum7 wrote:
    dankind wrote:
    I agree...That's what I'm going for. I know this place called Piece Brewery and Pizzeria that I had in mind. Instead of the traditional Chicago style pizza, they do like an NY style and they have their own brewed beers, other tap & bottled micro brews and then just regular old beer for those who like to drink cold piss, ha no offense anyone.

It's located on W. North Ave. in Wicker Park. They'll take reservations for parties of 10 or more, so if we have enough interest I could set that up, still allowing us to have a chill night and be able to talk to each other some.

I'll miss that (flying in after work on Thursday night, get in around 9:30 and will do something wild with the wife that night, get into some trouble somewhere with just the 2 of us) but hope you all have a good time.
  • Options
    I'll miss that (flying in after work on Thursday night, get in around 9:30 and will do something wild with the wife that night, get into some trouble somewhere with just the 2 of us) but hope you all have a good time.

Would you be able to do something the day of the show? I want to include as many of us as possible and not leave anyone out.
    Cleveland, OH - 8/26/98
    Cleveland, OH - 4/25/03
    Cleveland, OH - 5/20/06
    Cleveland, OH - 5/9/10
    East Troy, WI - 9/3/11
    East Troy, WI - 9/4/11
    Chicago, IL - 7/19/13
    Detroit, MI - 10/16/14
    Lexington, KY - 4/26/16
    Manchester, TN - 6/11/16
    Chicago, IL - 8/18/18
    Chicago, IL - 8/20/18
  • Options
    rbrum7 wrote:

Would you be able to do something the day of the show? I want to include as many of us as possible and not leave anyone out.

Sure might be able to - told the wife that Friday is PJ Day so she is set to roll with whatever I want to do Friday. Saturday we will do whatever she wants and Sunday we will have some fun prior to flying out in the evening.

Happy to meet up with folks if time allows -- whatever plan works so that the most people can meet up is best for the group! Thanks
  • Options
    Chicagone wrote:

it was our pleasure!
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    Chicagone wrote:

it was our pleasure!

Indeed it was. You're an awesome dude, Angelo, and you deserve to be comfortable in your own body.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    tino_11tino_11 Posts: 2,025
    A late bump for some amazing acts of kindness!
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • Options
    tino_11 wrote:
    A late bump for some amazing acts of kindness!
  • Options
    Still time!! Hasn't closed yet!!
  • Options
    Chief BroomChief Broom Detroit Posts: 2,036
    Chicagone wrote:

Anyone that wishes they could "blaze a nug" in gratitude is f'n awesome in my book. :mrgreen:
    Hurry up and get everything taken care of man. Nug blazing on me in the fall. ;)
    MLMF Det
  • Options
    Up
  • Options
    Hello to all! Again, you all mean the world to me and that's from the bottom of my heart. Kari, thanks a super ton for the awesome well wishes on me getting back home. :mrgreen: looks like DWhite might be hooking me up with a ticket so hopefully I'll be there with huge hugs and nugs for all, haha!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen: But seriously, you all are so amazing it really warms my heart and couldn't have come at a better time. And Ryan is dead on with us meeting up at Piece, that place f'n rocks big time!!!! Definitely a great place to meet up either the night before or the day of the show, I would just love to meet each and every one of you awesome people who have made this happen. And to my friends from across the pond, we'll meet up for the Euro tour and party it up Euro style, especially a big shout out to my Greek friends. Everyone has really blown me away with this raffle and made me appreciate the way this band brings us together from around the globe. Love all you guys and girls like you can't even imagine!!! :D
    Ryan, you rock like no other brother!! Thanks to all and can't wait to meet up either at Wrigley or the fall tour and then off to hit Europe and Australia to meet all my new friends from across the globe. You people f'n rock and I honestly can't thank you enough!!! Much love, Angelo

quote="rbrum7"]
    dankind wrote:

It's located on W. North Ave. in Wicker Park. They'll take reservations for parties of 10 or more, so if we have enough interest I could set that up, still allowing us to have a chill night and be able to talk to each other some.[/quote]
  • Options
    RAFFLE CLOSED

Will draw names tomorrow night. I currently have two donations that I'm not able to link to a forum username. Getting that straightened away and then will draw names.

THANKS TO ALL THOSE WHO DONATED!
    Cleveland, OH - 8/26/98
    Cleveland, OH - 4/25/03
    Cleveland, OH - 5/20/06
    Cleveland, OH - 5/9/10
    East Troy, WI - 9/3/11
    East Troy, WI - 9/4/11
    Chicago, IL - 7/19/13
    Detroit, MI - 10/16/14
    Lexington, KY - 4/26/16
    Manchester, TN - 6/11/16
    Chicago, IL - 8/18/18
    Chicago, IL - 8/20/18
  • Options
    rbrum7 wrote:
    RAFFLE CLOSED

Will draw names tomorrow night. I currently have two donations that I'm not able to link to a forum username. Getting that straightened away and then will draw names.

Congrats to everyone who donated, to Ryan for running this and good luck to all for the draw. Now lets's all try to find a ticket for Angelo for the Wrigley concert. :)
  • Options
    deftones wrote:
    rbrum7 wrote:
    RAFFLE CLOSED

Congrats to everyone who donated, to Ryan for running this and good luck to all for the draw. Now lets's all try to find a ticket for Angelo for the Wrigley concert. :)

This, for sure. Thanks!
  • Options
    Ryan, thanks again for putting this together and for letting all of us become a part of something special.

Angelo, hurry up and kick that tumor's dick in.

July can't get here soon enough. I'd love to meet each and every person on this thread and see Angelo rock out again.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind wrote:
    Ryan, thanks again for putting this together and for letting all of us become a part of something special.

Angelo, hurry up and kick that tumor's dick in.

July can't get here soon enough. I'd love to meet each and every person on this thread and see Angelo rock out again.
  • Options
    AND THE WINNERS ARE...

PRIZE 1 - Pearl Jam/Robert Plant 2005 Chicago Katrina benefit Klausen GOES TO...Released1980

PRIZE 2 - Eddie Vedder 2008 Tour Bat Mobile Klausen GOES TO...Loulou

PRIZE 3 - A Mike McCready Rats guitar pick from the 1996 No Code Tour GOES TO...deftones

PRIZE 4 - A set of three minty fresh 2000 Official Boots GOES TO...Suziemay

PRIZE 5 - An Ames Pele show poster from the Sao Paulo 2011 show GOES TO...JK36392

PRIZE 6 - An Ames Cleveland 2006 poster GOES TO...SD48277

PRIZE 7 - A Stockholm flag from the 2012 Euro tour GOES TO...JOEJOEJOE

PRIZE 8 - An unopened bottle of Faithful Ale GOES TO...boxer or the bag

PRIZE 9 - A sealed Pearl Jam Live In NYC 12/31/1992 CD GOES TO...tschwicht

PRIZE 10 - A set of three tasty 2003 Official Boots GOES TO...mitchmuhs

PRIZE 11 - A Mystery Boot GOES TO...jjflash

PRIZE 12 - A sealed Eddie Vedder Ukelele Songs Vinyl GOES TO...tino_11

PRIZE 13 - A PJ Place/Date book GOES TO...adusick

PRIZE 14 - A sealed Live on Ten Legs Vinyl GOES TO...LoveboatKman

PRIZE 15 - A Vitalogy Original/First Press Vinyl GOES TO...F Me In The Brain

PRIZE 16 - A Poe & The 4 Fathers, Kingdom Come Vinyl Single GOES TO..NAUjackfan

PRIZE 17 - The Who Quadrophenia on Vinyl GOES TO...dankind

I will PM the winners for their address over the next couple days. If you are a winner and see this before I PM you, feel free to send me you address now.

THANKS AGAIN TO ALL THOSE WHO DONATED MONEY FOR ANGELO AND ALSO TO THOSE WHO DONATED PRIZES TO HELP MAKE THIS A KICK ASS RAFFLE!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
    Cleveland, OH - 8/26/98
    Cleveland, OH - 4/25/03
    Cleveland, OH - 5/20/06
    Cleveland, OH - 5/9/10
    East Troy, WI - 9/3/11
    East Troy, WI - 9/4/11
    Chicago, IL - 7/19/13
    Detroit, MI - 10/16/14
    Lexington, KY - 4/26/16
    Manchester, TN - 6/11/16
    Chicago, IL - 8/18/18
    Chicago, IL - 8/20/18
  • Options
    LoulouLoulou Adelaide Posts: 6,247
    Woaw!!! :o:o
    Thank you so much!!!! 8-) between rbrum7 and everyone that donated items, you did a truly magnificent job. Very best wishes to Angelo, sending you good vibes from here in Adelaide. :D:D:D
    rbrum7 wrote:

PRIZE 2 - Eddie Vedder 2008 Tour Bat Mobile Klausen GOES TO...Loulou
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • Options
    rbrum7 wrote:
    PRIZE 17 - The Who Quadrophenia on Vinyl GOES TO...dankind

AWESOME!!!

A thousand thanks to Ryan for thinking of this and for taking the time and putting in the effort to run it.

Another thousand thanks to everyone who participated. Your generosity toward Angelo is amazing. He's a special dude and is worth every kindness extended his way (and then some).

Angelo, I know that seeing all these names has got to be moving (and there were likely tons more who didn't win any prizes); you can return the favor by getting rid this thing and recovering smoothly.
    I SAW PEARL JAM