Parents, who's had "The Talk" with their kids?

2»

Comments

• rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    norm wrote:
    not only didn't i get a talk (thankfully) my folks wouldn't pay for hbo or skinamax so the closest i got was this

scrambled.jpg

there's a good avatar idea
  • JK_Livin wrote:
    My almost 11yr old son is in a health class and the teacher suggested that the kids have a talk with their parents. Who's done it and how, what did you say? So many things are running through my mind right now. I'm guessing there should be multiple talks, a basic one now and more in depth in a couple years?

I remember my dad giving myself and my brother "the talk". We were 11 and 12 and, my dad being a paramedic, thought the best way to go about it was to show us an anatomy and physiology book and explain it in the most complex medical terms. I remember my brother looking my dad cold in the eyes and saying "OH MY GOD, I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU AND MOM DID THAT TWICE!!"

:P
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    JK_Livin wrote:
    My almost 11yr old son is in a health class and the teacher suggested that the kids have a talk with their parents. Who's done it and how, what did you say? So many things are running through my mind right now. I'm guessing there should be multiple talks, a basic one now and more in depth in a couple years?

I remember my dad giving myself and my brother "the talk". We were 11 and 12 and, my dad being a paramedic, thought the best way to go about it was to show us an anatomy and physiology book and explain it in the most complex medical terms. I remember my brother looking my dad cold in the eyes and saying "OH MY GOD, I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU AND MOM DID THAT TWICE!!"

:lol::lol::lol:
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    jk, if you can't summon the will to give the talk, show your boy this movie

we were shown this movie in high school...all the boys from my class, in the auditorium, laughing our asses off

to this day, we still quote "it is not a bone. it will not break"

:lol::lol:
  • JK_Livin wrote:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • DURPDURP Posts: 2,180
    I remember "the talk" my dad had with me it was simple.

"Wrap it up or I'll kick your ass" he walked out of the room.
    My butt itches!
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    norm wrote:
    not only didn't i get a talk (thankfully) my folks wouldn't pay for hbo or skinamax so the closest i got was this

scrambled.jpg

me neither...luckily pops had that crafty black box. ;)
    www.myspace.com
  • norm wrote:
    jk, if you can't summon the will to give the talk, show your boy this movie

we were shown this movie in high school...all the boys from my class, in the auditorium, laughing our asses off

to this day, we still quote "it is not a bone. it will not break"

:lol::lol:
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    rollings wrote:
    norm wrote:

scrambled.jpg

there's a good avatar idea
    :lol::lol::lol: memories
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    norm wrote:
    norm wrote:

scrambled.jpg

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

don't laugh...we had sound and sometimes it would clear up just enough to make out shapes and stuff...let's just say it served it purpose :P :lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

i may or may not know exactly what you are talking about
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg