Babygirl or Babyboy

2»

Comments

• Boy. As you said healthy, happy first.

But:

1) As others have said, i can educate my son. I can't educated millions of boys and keeping my daughter locked down until she's 30 doesn't seem entirely fair. I'm a nice guy, and I wouldn't want my daughter meeting 20 year old me (let alone 17 year old me).

2) My mother and her mother loved each other. My wife and her mother love each other. However, I don't need to relive the mother-daughter conflict for the rest of my life. Guys get angry, fight, then have a beer. Women are just nasty. And even worse when they love each other.

3) It's more enjoyable watching boys play sports than girls (yes, I went there. Sorry. If you don't like the truth, go buy tickets to a WNBA game).

Though, I will say at times I wish I had Daddy's little gir.... wait. No I don't. Mike McCready bless my 4 sons. ;)

As my Dad always said (I am 1 of 5 boys) - my sons will pick my daughters. Hopefully, they get as lucky as me and my brothers did!
    got it!!!
    im intresting to see if a father say babygirl,and the reasons he will explain..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,836

I did, although my explanation isn't great -- nor is it very enlightened.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • dankind wrote:

yep..i know..i meant why he wants a babygirl,when dont have any yet..
    you know and explain cos you have one already.. :)
    i hope u understand my thought
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    dankind wrote:

yep..i know..i meant why he wants a babygirl,when dont have any yet..
    you know and explain cos you have one already.. :)
    i hope u understand my thought
    But before she was born, I wanted her to be a girl because of the reasons Iisted -- namely, "boys go to Jupiter to get more stupider/girls go to Mars and become rock stars!"

Truth be told, I wanted the second one to be a girl, too -- a lot of it for financial reasons (they could share a room, etc.) but also for a more tolerable intelligence quotient under my roof -- but it wasn't to be.

No complaints so far, though, other than the usual (sleep-deprivation, etc.). In a few years when we have to move out to some shithole suburbia (unless we win the lottery or some rich relative we don't know about dies and leaves us a shitload of money) because of that little dumbass sporting the y chromosome, that's when I'll likely get pissed.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Hedwich wrote:
    the wolf wrote:
    boy. hands down.

little girls can be such bitch's. i never believed it. i heard mom's say it. my sister, my gf.

i can now say that i fully understand.

btw, i love my gf's little girl to death. i get along with one of her FIVE personalities really well.
    it's the other four personalities that make me want to punch a puppy.

:shock: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    lol..that was funny!
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    neither

BUT...this is oh so true:
    Boy. I don't need a little girl. They say daughters are our punishment for our behavior as young men. I think my neighborhood might have an ordinance against the machine gun I would most likely place on my front lawn to keep the little horn-dogs away.

I know of a guy who was quite the player AND cheater. He finally got married and his first kid was a girl. About a year later, they decided to try for another baby (they only wanted 2). Well, she ended up having TWIN girls, so now he has 3 of them, and last I heard, the twins egg each other on to do naughty things (like drawing on the walls, dumping their juice on the carpet, etc).

I did overhear him say 'I must be getting punished by getting all these girls'.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • ok..so many post about,even at other thread Cate said..about how difficult is the girls..
    i have 2 nephews that i love them more than life,so im more familiar with boys..

but all this mess with the babygirls.makes me wanna go and choose the difficult path,and if i could choose,to go for a babygirl!!
  • shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,818
    I have 2 girls (13 and 8) and a 5 year old boy. My 13 yr old girl is a mess! One minute laughing hysterically the next in a pile of tears on the floor and the next asking me "do you really think I'm moody?" All I could do was laugh and of course that pissed her off and she went stomping up the steps. My 8 yr old girl turns to me "mommy I promise I'll never do that to you." Yeah right. Boys are more physical work as babies/toddlers but easier as teenagers (I hear). My 13 yr old is also in a very creative phase and loves to read/ write poetry. She is very prolific and writes some pretty dark stuff. Very exciting to see her develop in this way. She heard strangest tribe not long ago and was in tears... "That's the most beautiful thing I've ever heard." (Spoken through dramatic sobs :roll: )

Boys and girls are both so much fun for different reasons. The fun is watching their personalities come forward and express themselves. It's a crazy ride for sure!

Jen
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 NYC Global Citizen
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/2/18 Fenway 1 9/4/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    2/4/22 EV Earthlings NYC 2/6/22 EV Earthlings Newark 9/11/22 MSG 9/14/22 Camden
    9/3/24 MSG 1 9/4/24 MSG 2 9/7/24 Philly 1 9/9/24 Philly 2
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    boy. i need a little more testosterone in my house. im up to my eyeballs(in heels) in girls with an occasional break when the boychild comes out of his cave and asks whats for dinner? and then he disappears again until dinner is ready.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    boy. i need a little more testosterone in my house. im up to my eyeballs(in heels) in girls with an occasional break when the boychild comes out of his cave and asks whats for dinner? and then he disappears again until dinner is ready.

That was me. "Mom what's for dinner"

"Casserole"

"Gross"

Then I'd come back out once dinner was ready
  • Green CircleGreen Circle Posts: 5,192
    Having both and in their teens already...

I don't think I would change the order, Girl first, Boy Second.

I found her so much easier than he was in infancy.
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
    Having both and in their teens already...

I don't think I would change the order, Girl first, Boy Second.

I found her so much easier than he was in infancy.

Good to hear this. Our girl was tough as an infant, still is a as a toddler. My wife swears up and down that our six-week-old boy is easier than she was and that I just have selective memory, but after a sleepless week, I swear that the boy is just trying to be an asshole.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    When I was pregnant - I just couldn't choose one sex or the other. I somehow felt I would jinx my pregancy :)

Girls can be a bit tough during the teen years with hormones and drama, but let me tell you boys have their problems as well. I work at the schools and I see and hear all :shock:

If everyone chooses to have boys hoping to have it easier - that has me thinking what the world would be like - " without a woman or a girl " in it.... alot of men not knowing what to do ;)
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • hmmm....yeah..i will definitely challenge my self...i want babygirl... :lol:
  • Green CircleGreen Circle Posts: 5,192
    mikalina wrote:
    When I was pregnant - I just couldn't choose one sex or the other. I somehow felt I would jinx my pregancy :)

Girls can be a bit tough during the teen years with hormones and drama, but let me tell you boys have their problems as well. I work at the schools and I see and hear all :shock:

If everyone chooses to have boys hoping to have it easier - that has me thinking what the world would be like - " without a woman or a girl " in it.... alot of men not knowing what to do ;)

I work at a High School too, and what I see is nothing shot of shocking sometimes. You are right teen girls are tough with the drama and boyfriends, the crying, the hormones...etc the boys the drama, the girlfriends, the hormones etc...HOWEVER, as far as infants go, I still would choose to have a girl first.
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
  • I still would choose to have a girl first.
    like! :)
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    I'm good thanks :lol:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • I'm good thanks :lol:
    :lol::lol::lol:
  • :)