The Flu Epidemic - 2013

8181 Posts: 58,276
edited January 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
Have you had it? Did you get the flu shot? Have you drank your OJ today?
81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 81 wrote:
    It wouldnt surprise me one bit, if I were to get the flu! :P
    With the week I am having?
    It wouldnt surprise me one bit!

I dont believe in getting flu shots.
    But thats just me.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    Was on two flights yesterday. Lots of hacking and sneezing! Working in a hospital all day too. I'm just coming off a cold. Can't wait for the flu! Haha!

No flu shot here. :fp:
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    Haven't got it yet (knock on wood)
    everyone around here is sick - for weeks now

I can't get flu shot, I'm allergic to eggs
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Posts: 8,661
    Got the shot. No flu.
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Scam
  • No flu or flu shot. I think the whole flu shot thing is a load of bullshit.
  • QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Posts: 3,635
    Unfortunately, working in the health care field, succumbing to those propaganda filled syringes
    is not optional.

Otherwise, I would never, ever put that poison in my body.

And given the fact that this year's flu is quickly reaching 'epidemic' levels, the whole process
    seems a bit more than suspect.

:roll:
    Nice shirt.
  • I never get the flu shot and I never get sick.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    No flu or flu shot. I think the whole flu shot thing is a load of bullshit.

half my desk is out with it

i was sick friday and sat

i never take the shot but the epidemic is no joke
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    No flu or flu shot. I think the whole flu shot thing is a load of bullshit.

half my desk is out with it

i was sick friday and sat

i never take the shot but the epidemic is no joke
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    is no joke

you can say that again. :lol:

half the woman's office is hurting

i'm glad i don't have to take public transportation like she does.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • cubBEE_girlcubBEE_girl Posts: 3,365
    I had the flu , a sinus infection, and ear infection during the holidays. :evil: No flu shot this year. I've gotten the flu shot twice in the past and ended up with the stomach flu a few days later. :fp: :evil:

Stupid germs. :evil:
    I lost a bet...
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    I had the flu , a sinus infection, and ear infection during the holidays. :evil: No flu shot this year. I've gotten the flu shot twice in the past and ended up with the stomach flu a few days later. :fp: :evil:

Stupid germs. :evil:

i have some stupid viral thing going on causing me to cough. saw the doc and she was like, let it ride :fp: annoying as fuck.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    is no joke

you can say that again. :lol:

half the woman's office is hurting

i'm glad i don't have to take public transportation like she does.

the train is what got me on thursday..half the car was in a zombie like state
    honestly..i believe its best to let our bodies fight it off with no meds.....

meds make the body weak imo

as for the flu shot

they take a random strain and inject you with it?????

wtf good is that ?

granted it may work for some,,but i did it one time 10 years ago and literally within 3 days i had the flu :fp: :nono:
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    no shot, no orange juice and it seems i am the only one in chicago without the flu.
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    DS1119 wrote:
    Scam

This
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    badbrains wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    Scam

This

Oh and strangely enough, one target in Pa was offering a $20 prepaid card if you got the flu shot there. Kind of odd no? For a company to pay you to get a flu shot.... :shock:
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    badbrains wrote:
    badbrains wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    Scam

This

Oh and strangely enough, one target in Pa was offering a $20 prepaid card if you got the flu shot there. Kind of odd no? For a company to pay you to get a flu shot.... :shock:

Never had one, never getting one. That's some suspect shit.
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    It's a government thing. The government is trying to get everyone to get these injections so the subliminal mind control messages imbedded in Walmart newspaper ads and QVC broadcasts become even more effective.
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    81 wrote:
    No, No, Yes
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    DS1119 wrote:
    It's a government thing. The government is trying to get everyone to get these injections so the subliminal mind control messages imbedded in Walmart newspaper ads and QVC broadcasts become even more effective.

and Vevo.
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Here's my thought. The drug companies had an over abundance of almost expiring flu vaccines. They got together with the media and created the flu epidemic of 2013.
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    no flu, haven't had it in many years

I get a flu shot every fall
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,199
    Man you people here are all nuts everything is a conspiracy gimmick by the gov , go ahead don't get the shot i've gotten it every yr for the last 5yrs haven't been sick once yeah the gov is out to control everysingle aspect of your important life :lol::lol:
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • prismprism Posts: 2,440
    Man you people here are all nuts everything is a conspiracy gimmick by the gov , go ahead don't get the shot i've gotten it every yr for the last 5yrs haven't been sick once yeah the gov is out to control everysingle aspect of your important life :lol::lol:

i totally agree. the amount of misinformation and conspriacy bs out there is fucking nuts.
    contrary to popular misinformation you can't get the flu from the flu shot, it doesn't contain a live virus. altho the flumist nasal spray does contain live virus so there's a very miniscule risk of contracting it. if it's that big of a concern it's easy enough just avoid the flumist stuff...just get the injection.

it does take 2 weeks for the vaccine to become effective so it's possible that some people may contract it durning those 2 weeks...ie get vaccinated in the fall before it rapidly spreads

not sure why some ppl call stomach viruses the stomach flu, when the flu (influenza) virus affects the lungs. so many get confused when ppl interchange any virus as the flu when they're different viruses

for those that don't want to get vaccinated that's your right. it's also your responsibility to stay at home the second you get sick and stay there at least 24 hours after the fever breaks. if that means you have to take several days off work and stay inside....so be it, you made that choice by not getting a flu shot

i got the flu in '96 and it turned into pneumonia so i ended up in the hospital for 6 days, and couldn't work for nearly a month. since then i've gotten a flu shot every year and haven't contracted the flu since

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • i got the flu,but not this one,another kind..no shot this year..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    734977_10151435464321320_551117469_n.jpg
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • DURPDURP Posts: 2,180
    Got a flu shot then about two or three weeks later got the flu. My symptoms were not as bad but it sucked. Dr at the VA said the reason my symptoms were not as bad was because I got the flu shot.
    My butt itches!
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    shu shu retaded flu