Options

Why doesn't Pearl Jam do an all 10C event?

Comments

• Options
    55 MA Posts: 157
    Alright !!! So now there are 2 of us ! Anybody else wanna join us ?? Viva LA FAN CLUB ONLY SHOW!!
  • Options
    YLed2 wrote:
    5 wrote:
    So I for one will try to come on here and post or bump this thread daily if others will to! Come On !! WE CAN DO THIS!!!
    ARE YOU WITH ME?? Let me hear you say YEAH!!

I'm with you brother! Two things I would love to do before I leave this world is be part of a PJ weekend at the Gorge and a fan club only theater show. Would be fucking awesome!

I KNOW THERE ARE MORE OF YOU OUT THERE!!!!

POST HERE IF YOU WANT TEN CLUB TO DO SOME ALL 10C MEMBER SHOWS AGAIN like they did in years past.
    Keep this thread ALIVE and they will notice.

I will be back tomorrow and I hope you will too! Keep the dream ALIVE!!!!
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,608
    5 wrote:
    YLed2 wrote:
    5 wrote:
    So I for one will try to come on here and post or bump this thread daily if others will to! Come On !! WE CAN DO THIS!!!
    ARE YOU WITH ME?? Let me hear you say YEAH!!

I'm with you brother! Two things I would love to do before I leave this world is be part of a PJ weekend at the Gorge and a fan club only theater show. Would be fucking awesome!

I KNOW THERE ARE MORE OF YOU OUT THERE!!!!

POST HERE IF YOU WANT TEN CLUB TO DO SOME ALL 10C MEMBER SHOWS AGAIN like they did in years past.
    Keep this thread ALIVE and they will notice.

I will be back tomorrow and I hope you will too! Keep the dream ALIVE!!!!
    I m pretty sure every single 10c member is with you. ;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    BUMP :D:mrgreen:
  • Options
    AmantriaAmantria Posts: 369
    Yesssss!!!!! 8-)
    Its good to be back!!
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Was at the Vic... Every fan shoud experience this once
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    YLed2 wrote:
    I would be happy with ^^THIS^^
    LOVE to have another version of "10 Club Park" like PJ20/Alpine Valley at The Gorge too.
    Hanging out there at Alpine & the "smallish" venue in Missoula...
    kinda felt like 10 Club only shows to me!!
    :ugeek:
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049
    JB56195 wrote:
    I got to thinking about the lottery system and it's ups and downs and began to wonder why doesn't PJ do a 10C only event for a few shows per tour?

Just curious if it's even possible or if it's been done by any other bands before. What stops the band from doing an all 10C gig somewhere in the country? For example, they do MSG night 1 like any regular concert on their tour. Then do night 2 and sell out the whole venue to 10c members only.

From I business standpoint I understand that they have to negotiate with Ticketmaster on the percentage of seats reserved for 10C during a standard show but why does TM care who is getting the tickets as long as they collect the distribution fees/service charge. The venue has to get paid for its use, PJ makes money on the concert, etc. It would be like renting out a venue for a gigantic private party.

You rotate it around between Seattle, Chicago, Philly, New York, Boston, southern show somewhere (New Orleans???), etc. May be do some shows in off years when there is no tour (keep it in Seattle so the band doesn't have nearly as much inconvenience). Announce it way in advance to people can travel from overseas.

It would have a really positive vibe kind of like PJ20 with less special guests. The band could screw around and pull out old catalog/rare stuff that fans would want (Rats you know I'm looking at you). Perhaps play an entire album.

Seem like a win for everyone involved. Clearly there is something I'm missing.

Metallica did 4 MetClub only shows in December 2011. Tickets were $19.84 and it was at the Filmore in SF. Its possible.
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
  • Options
    If this happened my life would be complete
    BTW I've never seen a show(I know I always point that out)so this as a first would be freakin crazy!! :corn:
    I will walk w/my hands bound
    I will walk w/my face blood
    I will walk w/my shadow flag

Memories back when she was smooth and strong
    and waiting for the world to come along...

Eddie solo Vegas Oct 31,Nov 1 2012
  • Options
    evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,848
    Easy answer: There isn't a festival called "Ten Club Festinval" yet. I couldn't resist. :lol:
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    edited July 2013
    demetrios wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    :fp: Maybe PJ could do a *no* 10C event . . .
    Festivals.

Don't say that!!! :cry:

Festivals Suck!!!

Funny you should say that. Two of the five times I've seen Pj have been festivals. I enjoyed both of those shows far, far more than the others. The crowds at those festivals were fantastic, and the guys had a blast playing for us.
    Post edited by what dreams on
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Festivals.

Festivals Suck!!!

Funny you should say that. Two of the five times I've seen Pj have been festivals. I enjoyed both of those shows far, far more than the others. Thanks to you, now I know why -- I wasn't surrounded by a bunch of judgmental 10C members. The crowds at those festivals were fantastic, and the guys had a blast playing for us.
    :| Why be that way about it? Festivals aren't for everyone. Just because someone doesn't like music testals doesn't mean they are "judgemental 10c members" who negatively impact a crowd. In fact, guess who sounds judgemental right now? Hint: not me or Demetios. ;) And by ball means, if you prefer festivals over 10c only events, have at it! One more ticket for all if us who make PJ shows less fun. :roll:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    DS1119 wrote:
    They will be. This summer in my backyard. Details to follow.

drums-farfisa-in-backyard.jpg

You got a spot on the VIP list for a fellow rangers fan I hope!
  • Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    edited July 2013
    [/quote]

Festivals Suck!!![/quote]

Funny you should say that. Two of the five times I've seen Pj have been festivals. I enjoyed both of those shows far, far more than the others. The crowds at those festivals were fantastic, and the guys had a blast playing for us.[/quote]
    :| Why be that way about it? Festivals aren't for everyone. Just because someone doesn't like music testals doesn't mean they are "judgemental 10c members" who negatively impact a crowd. In fact, guess who sounds judgemental right now? Hint: not me or Demetios. ;) And by ball means, if you prefer festivals over 10c only events, have at it! One more ticket for all if us who make PJ shows less fun. :roll:[/quote]

This whole thread reeks of judgment -- it implies that non-10C fans "pollute" the atmosphere and that 10C fans "deserve" a special show where they can all congratulate themselves for being so "true." The tour reviews reek of similar judgments -- I have yet to read a review where some member doesn't pass judgment on the people around them. People who sit down, people who don't sing, people who shout "woo-woo," people who like the greatest hits, etc . . . all those people by default *must not be* 10C members and most reviewers here just can't stop themselves from criticizing.

I really don't care who likes or dislikes festivals -- the person who responded to me clearly doesn't know that the two festivals I attended were packed with PJ fans, some of whom were 10C members.
    Post edited by what dreams on
  • Options
    They are still using seniority for seating (and I don't have any seniority, so it makes no difference to me - I'll always be in the nosebleeds).
    Frankly, I think you're just kind of being a negative nelly all around here. :|
  • Options
    Peace people.

An all fan club show is all this is about.
    Not wether festivals are good or not.
    To stay focused on the mission here and since I don't know how to do it could someone who knows how to do petitions help me put one together for this and that way we can track how many people sign on ?
    I really believe this could work. What have we got to lose by asking?
    Nothing. So anyone out there willing to help show me how to set one up?
    I want to keep the dream of some all 10c shows ALIVE!
  • Options
    Bump
  • Options
    STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,814
    I REALLY BELIEVE THIS WOULD BE THE TRUTHFUL TEST OF PEARL JAM. A TOUR FOR ONLY US? THAT IS DEDICATED.

they will never do it.

I spent ... how much?
    And they Make money?
    It seems logical... I'll ask SPOCK :mrgreen:
  • Options
    5 wrote:
    Peace people.

An all fan club show is all this is about.
    Not wether festivals are good or not.
    To stay focused on the mission here and since I don't know how to do it could someone who knows how to do petitions help me put one together for this and that way we can track how many people sign on ?
    I really believe this could work. What have we got to lose by asking?
    Nothing. So anyone out there willing to help show me how to set one up?
    I want to keep the dream of some all 10c shows ALIVE!

Give me some links...
    I never lose energy.
    some one has to help...
  • Options
    Is there room enough for both of us?
    Both of us apart?
    Are we bound out of obligation?
    Is that all we've got?
    Get the words, and then I get to thinkin'
    I don't wanna think, I wanna feel
    How do I feel?
    How do I?...

If you're the only one, will I never be enough?
    Hail, hail the lucky ones, I refer to those in love

Swore I'd love you till the day I die, ah and beyond...
    Are we going to the same place? If so, can I come?
    It's egg rolling thick and heavy
    All the past you carry
    Oh, I could be new... you underestimate me

If you're the only one, will I never be enough?
    Hail, hail the lucky ones, I refer to those in love

Sometimes realize, I could only be as good as you'll let me
    Are you woman enough to be my man?
    Bandaged hand in hand

I find it on the run in a race that can't be won
    All hail the lucky ones, I refer to those in love, yeah
    If you're my only one, so could you only one?
    I want to be your one, enough...
    Your one...your one...your one...

Change my mind. HAIL HAIL

wrong lyrics... but I tried. Eggs? OK.
  • Options
    It's not for them. When I heard this song, my first time... I knew I couldn't see them often, cause I can't go places alone. I was sad, cause no one understood. "Can't come to my party, there is no room"

Restless soul, enjoy your youth
    Like muhammad hits the truth
    Can't escape from the common rule
    If you hate something, don't you do it too...too...
    Small my table, a sits just two
    Got so crowded, i can't make room
    Oh, where did they come from? stormed my room!
    And you dare say it belongs to you...to you...
    This is not for you
    This is not for you
    This is not for you
    Oh, not for you...ah, you...
    ...scream...my friends...don't call me...
    ...friends, no they don't scream...
    ...my friends don't call...my friends don't...
    All that's sacred comes from youth
    Dedication, naive and true
    With no power, nothing to do
    I still remember, why don't you...don't you...
    This is not for you
    This is not for you
    This is not for you
    Oh, never was for you...fuck you...
    This is not for you...
    Oh, this is not for you...yeah, you...
    This is not for you...
    Oh, not for you...
    Oh, you...
  • Options
    dannydanny Posts: 2,270
    what a great fucking idea !
    danny d
  • Options
    Tboz51Tboz51 Posts: 2,808
    No money in it for them, there will be no 10c shows.

Now if Oracle wanted to pay them they'd jump like lap dogs on that...

New Pearl Jam!
    "Honesty will always be construed as negative to a dumbass"
    :-)
  • Options
    I refuse to give up.
    BUMP

Would someone please help me set up a list of members who want to request some ALL 10C member only shows?

I have never set up and tracked a list before so I need some help. Vic Speed ???

Thanks,
  • Options
    Wow!

:fp:

Your all making me sad here..
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    5 wrote:
    Wow!

:fp:

Your all making me sad here..
    OK..will keep this up :mrgreen:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    amethgr8amethgr8 Posts: 766
    think PJ started the fan club cause they were in one at a youth and thought "how cool" and they just went with it.

got into a tiff w/TM when PJ was old enough to be a pretty big show but not overly huge, say year 5? tried to set aside so many tickets for their fans,easy enough to understand, wanted to pay them back for their support the early years. Now 20 yrs later it has completely evolved into so many different feelings and opinions of what the membership or entitles us to.

If PJ decides to have a 10c show and it sells out, or they have 5 or 10 10C only shows they all sell out and everyone is happy. then they due the same amount of shows without 10C lottery, no presales, public only, then how would you feel? prolly most wouldn't care cause they would just use TM and get tickets. but I think it encourages too much separation and PJ wants everyone to come together, regardless of membership to this that or the golf club.

I would try to get tickets and be happy to go if that's what they decide, but I will not put my name on a petition for it. I would feel selfish.

amy
    Amy The Great #74594
    New Orleans LA 7/4/95 reschedule 9/17/95
    Chicago IL 1998, 10/9/00, 06/18/03, 05/16/06, 05/17/06
    08/23/09, 08/24/09, Lolla 08/05/07
    Champaign IL 4/23/03
    Grand Rapids MI VFC 10/03/04
    Grand Rapids MI 19May06
    Noblesville IN 05/07/10 Cleveland OH 05/09/10
    PJ 20 2011
    Baltimore MD, Charlottesville VA, Seattle WA 2013
    St. Louis MO, Milwaukee WI 2014
    Tampa FL, Chicago IL, Lexington KY 2016
    Missoula MT 2018
  • Options
    JB56195JB56195 Posts: 303

Festivals Suck!!![/quote]

Funny you should say that. Two of the five times I've seen Pj have been festivals. I enjoyed both of those shows far, far more than the others. Thanks to you, now I know why -- I wasn't surrounded by a bunch of judgmental 10C members. The crowds at those festivals were fantastic, and the guys had a blast playing for us.[/quote]
    :| Why be that way about it? Festivals aren't for everyone. Just because someone doesn't like music testals doesn't mean they are "judgemental 10c members" who negatively impact a crowd. In fact, guess who sounds judgemental right now? Hint: not me or Demetios. ;) And by ball means, if you prefer festivals over 10c only events, have at it! One more ticket for all if us who make PJ shows less fun. :roll:[/quote]

This whole thread reeks of judgment -- it implies that non-10C fans "pollute" the atmosphere and that 10C fans "deserve" a special show where they can all congratulate themselves for being so "true." The tour reviews reek of similar judgments -- I have yet to read a review where some member doesn't pass judgment on the people around them. People who sit down, people who don't sing, people who shout "woo-woo," people who like the greatest hits, etc . . . all those people by default *must not be* 10C members and most reviewers here just can't stop themselves from criticizing.

I really don't care who likes or dislikes festivals -- the person who responded to me clearly doesn't know that the two festivals I attended were packed with PJ fans, some of whom were 10C members, and we didn't miss the purists.

Good luck getting your members-only show. You don't even get "seniority" anymore. You really think they're going to do an exclusive event for you? Ha![/quote]

I started this thread and it's intent wasn't that 10clubbers make the show better. It was more to have a different musical experience. There are a lot of crazy songs we won't ever hear or rarely hear that the casual fan doesn't want to hear. Many complain of hearing evenflo, jeremy, alive, etc on all the tours. I love em, and wouldn't be a complete show without it but you could throw in some rare covers, acoustics sets, etc.

No snobbery intended. I love bringing casual fans to shows. So far no one has complained or been disappointed.

95-Milwaukee, 98-East Troy, 00-East Troy, 03-Detroit  Nights 1 and 2, 03-Toronto, 04-Grand Rapids, 05-Kitchener, 06-Cincinnati, 06-Auburn Hills, 10-New Orleans, 10-Kansas City, 11-PJ20 Nights 1 and 2, 13-Chicago, 14- Moline, 16-Chicago Nights 1 and 2, 18-Seattle Nights 1 and 2, Chicago Night 1, 21-Ohana Encore Night 1 and 2, 22-Imola, St. Louis.

• Options
    GoinHungry94GoinHungry94 Albuquerque, NM Posts: 236
    Can we start a petition for this to show we're serious, because I'm pretty pissed the hell of if I have to pay over 190 bucks for a general admission ticket at Wrigley. I'm only 18 right now and can't afford that. And fortunately for me I'm gonna use the ol "I'm a stupid kid who doesn't know how to spend his money" as the reason why I prioritize Pearl Jam over other things. I live in the Chicago area, I love Pearl Jam, and I've already missed years and years of their career, I'm not missing the Wrigley show. And sure I'll take any ticket but I have my heart set on GA. I'll camp out to get to the front. Idgaf, its PJ :D
    Hey nanana
    ain't that somethin
    PJ Chi 2--08-24-2009
    SG Chi 1--01-23-2013
    PJ Wrigley--07-19-2013
    CCornell Chi--10-06-2015
    PJ Wrigley--08-20 & 22 2016
    PJ Wrigley--08-18 & 20 2018
    Denver— 09-22-2022
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    . Idgaf, its PJ :D
    EXCELLENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”