1001 Albums You Must Hear Before You Die - A Personal Quest

Comments

• Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    And apparently the Bongo Band album was not on the list (I was going by something online) soooo... I lost a number :lol:

Soooo....

68- Carole King/Tapestry - One of the most wonderful albums of all time...First 3 songs are classics. A must listen as she is one the top 5 singer songwriters IMO.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,052
    http://rateyourmusic.com/lists/list_view?list_id=319133&show=100&start=0

So I am going through this book and listening fully to all the albums on it... List a bit suspect but it was a present and its exposing me to fabulous stuff I never heard or re-visiting albums I have not listened in a long time..

No cheating... All albums must be listened to ... First song to last ...

So follow also on my journey or join me... I have been synopsing on my Facebook (through 51 albums so far picked randomly) Look me up (Adam Behlman) there or I'll start posting the picks and a silly comment on here too..

So right now 51/1001 - U2/Achtung Baby

I love the first album, but then again I love anything Sinatra does.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    http://rateyourmusic.com/lists/list_view?list_id=319133&show=100&start=0

So I am going through this book and listening fully to all the albums on it... List a bit suspect but it was a present and its exposing me to fabulous stuff I never heard or re-visiting albums I have not listened in a long time..

No cheating... All albums must be listened to ... First song to last ...

So follow also on my journey or join me... I have been synopsing on my Facebook (through 51 albums so far picked randomly) Look me up (Adam Behlman) there or I'll start posting the picks and a silly comment on here too..

So right now 51/1001 - U2/Achtung Baby

I love the first album, but then again I love anything Sinatra does.

You and my dad...

And that album was haunting..

69/1001 - if an album deserved #69... This is it Led Zeppelin/Led Zeppelin IV - Does anyone remember laughter? :lol:
    GoiMTvP.gif
    70/1001 - Iggy and The Stooges/Raw Power - F$$king awesome!
    71/1001 - Yeah Yeah Yeahs/Fever To Tell - Rock and Roll is still alive and feeding through Karen O
    72/1001 - Adam And The Ants/Kings of the Wild Frontiers - Have not listened to it since it came out but what great memeories!! Ant Music was a great hit...
    GoiMTvP.gif
    OK finally found Bongo Band under a different name in the book... so I listened once (and that was enough :lol: ) it get 73
    74/1001 - Elvis Costello/Blood and Chocolate - I Want You, the most sad song ever?
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    I'm loving seeing this on Facebook Adam, great fun and I've listened to a few tracks from various artists on the back of your posts.
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
    dottles wrote:
    I'm loving seeing this on Facebook Adam, great fun and I've listened to a few tracks from various artists on the back of your posts.
    :mrgreen:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    63/1001 - Paul Simon/Graceland - Diamond on the Soul of His Shoes, one of my faves and another Queens shout out!!
    64/1001 - Incredible Bongo Band/Bondo Rock - If you like Bongo's you'll love this album!! Inna-Gadda-Da-Vida, with Bongos!!
    65/1001 Country Joe & The Fish/Electirc Music For the Mind and Body - Like I was back in the 80's in the backseat of my friends car... On the corner...
    66/1001- XTC/Skylarking - Dear God is a wonderful single. Did not connect with the rest of the album. Will listen again
    67/1001 - Q-Tip/The Renaissance - From listiening to ATCQ just a week ago, this is a huge step forward. More Jazz and Alternative than anything I have heard in hip hop. Queens Rules!!

Give XTC a couple of spins this band was utterly fantastic studio band .....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    63/1001 - Paul Simon/Graceland - Diamond on the Soul of His Shoes, one of my faves and another Queens shout out!!
    64/1001 - Incredible Bongo Band/Bondo Rock - If you like Bongo's you'll love this album!! Inna-Gadda-Da-Vida, with Bongos!!
    65/1001 Country Joe & The Fish/Electirc Music For the Mind and Body - Like I was back in the 80's in the backseat of my friends car... On the corner...
    66/1001- XTC/Skylarking - Dear God is a wonderful single. Did not connect with the rest of the album. Will listen again
    67/1001 - Q-Tip/The Renaissance - From listiening to ATCQ just a week ago, this is a huge step forward. More Jazz and Alternative than anything I have heard in hip hop. Queens Rules!!

Give XTC a couple of spins this band was utterly fantastic studio band .....
    I shall! Twas a shitty day I listened to them...
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Your quest feels a little like me quest :shock: :lol:
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,815
    BD...enjoying folllowing your ride. Keep posting the comments!
  • workin on it ^^
    ~ Enjoy The Struggle
    chime wrote:
    Your quest feels a little like me quest :shock: :lol:
    :lol::lol::lol:
    GoiMTvP.gif
    jjflash wrote:
    BD...enjoying folllowing your ride. Keep posting the comments!
    Awesome!!
    GoiMTvP.gif
    workin on it ^^
    :thumbup:
    GoiMTvP.gif
    75/1001 The Blue Nile/A Walk Across The Rooftops - My first negative review ... I think Brian Ferry did this thing a whole lot better

76/1001 Aerosmith/Toys In The Attic - SWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTT EMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTION
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • 77/1001 - GNR/Appetite For Destruction - Aerosmith into GNR... What a progression! And kinda fits great...70's dirty rock vs 80's... Not even close IMO... GNR first listen was one of those moments you don't ever forget.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Fell a little behind in the update here :shock:
    Had a busy listening weekend :mrgreen:

78/1001 - Kate Bush/The Sensual World - The second half of album was great especially last 3 songs. Rocket Tail stands out.
    79/1001- Screaming Trees/Dust - A little early for one of my all-timers but it was worth it. Spun it 4x before moving on :lol:
    80/1001 - Brain Eno/Ambient 1:Music For Airports - Perfect for meditation
    81/1001- Doves/The Last Broadcast - Funny enough, did not like the famous single, but the rest of the album worked really well. Try it.
    82/1001 - Eminem/The Slim Shady LP - Holy Crap was that good - missed it when it came out... Makes the quest worth it.
    83/1001 - Orange Juice/Rip It Up - Know Edwyn Collins from his hit in the US, but great brit pop with a touch of ska
    84/1001 - Fairport Convention/Liege and Lief - Wowowowwowowow - Dead heads get on this...
    85/1001 - Paul McCartney/McCartney - Maybe I'm Amazed is on of the best love songs of all time... some other great tunes but felt a bit incomplete.

Having a great time :mrgreen:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    good times indeed!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • 86/1001 - Queen/Sheer Heart Attack - an album where you am hear the progress in the bands sound and humor..
    87/1001 - The Isley Brothers - Don Cornelius is missed
    88/1001 - The Beau Brummels/Triangle - The San Fransisco scene - Can you dig it?
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,717
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    Are you just listening once and moving on? I've found that it takes about 5 listens before I start to really digest an album.
    Sometimes, especially when I don't get it on first listen... I agree with your assessment but I do wanna finish before I die :lol: :shock:

:lol: I figured, just wondering.
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR TIX TO MSG NIGHT 2
    8-)
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • 8-)
    :mrgreen:

Well with the travel delays might get some in today :lol:
    GoiMTvP.gif
    :)
  • Hit 100!! Update coming :shock: :fp:
    GoiMTvP.gif
    Hit 100!! Update coming :shock: :fp:
    :thumbup: :clap::clap::clap:
    :)
  • Hit 100!! Update coming :shock: :fp:

So this is what you've been doing since I've been gone. I've seen the posts on fb a few times, but haven't had the time to comment. Finally heading home to Florida Sunday, then heading to Colorado soon. I'll get in touch when I get back, we'll get together then, my friend :mrgreen: .
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • DURPDURP OhighO Posts: 2,180
    I'm listening to Led Zep II right now. My dad gave me all of his Zep vinyls and some others.

I know I'm in the minority but the Beatles suck balls.

Go ahead and rip me now.
    My butt itches!
  • DURP wrote:
    I'm listening to Led Zep II right now. My dad gave me all of his Zep vinyls and some others.

I know I'm in the minority but the Beatles suck balls.

Go ahead and rip me now.
    Best part of this whole world is we are all allowed our own likes ...

I am really falling behind updating here :shock:
    107 ...
    GoiMTvP.gif