Doctors visit.

2»

Comments

• Happy to say my blood work turned out just fine.
    :P

Sad to say, my visit to the dentist tomorrow, isnt going to go as well as my visit to the doctor.
    :lol::lol::lol:
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Happy to say my blood work turned out just fine.

Sad to say, my visit to the dentist tomorrow, isnt going to go as well as my visit to the doctor.

Have a few beers first. :lol:
  • In the immortal words of George Thorogood.

The head nurse spoke up...
    And said leave this one alone...
    She could tell right away...
    That I had no jawbone?

Bone graft?

Really?

:P <
    stupid fucking toothless face!
    In the immortal words of George Thorogood.

That I had no jawbone?

Bone graft?

Really?

No jawbone?.
  • Happy to say my blood work turned out just fine.

:lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • DS1119 wrote:
    In the immortal words of George Thorogood.

That I had no jawbone?

Bone graft?

Really?

No jawbone?.
    Just being silly...
    Looks like my next few weeks are going to be a lot of fun at the dentists office...

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
    Just being silly...
    Looks like my next few weeks are going to be a lot of fun at the dentists office...

Oh. Well like I said have a few beers before going. :lol:
  • DS1119 wrote:
    Just being silly...

Tooth removal
    Bone graft
    Bridge

Yeah, Its going to be a good time!
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    DS1119 wrote:
    Just being silly...

Tooth removal
    Bone graft
    Bridge

that sounds fun
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:

that sounds fun
    I cant fucking believe that 1 week from Saturday I will have 2 crowns and a bridge? If that sounds right?
    I am not a candidate for a simple implant, due to bone loss. So putting in a partial will affect 3 teeth.

Fuck me, Its hell getting old!
    81 wrote:

that sounds fun
    I cant fucking believe that 1 week from Saturday I will have 2 crowns and a bridge? If that sounds right?
    I am not a candidate for a simple implant, due to bone loss. So putting in a partial will affect 3 teeth.

Bright side though is once its done its done. Continue with the regular check ups and you won't have to do it again.

I also still recommend having some beers. :lol:
  • DS1119 wrote:
    81 wrote:

that sounds fun

Bright side though is once its done its done. Continue with the regular check ups and you won't have to do it again.

I also still recommend having some beers. :lol:
    Having NOT seen a dentist in 30 years, I was happy with how this went down. The rest of my teeth are all strong and healthy, other than a few cavities.

I had the little nurse/assistant and dentist roaring in laughter. Having had major work done as a kid, I once had 8 teeth removed at the same time. Having worn braces. Blah blah blah. They completely understood why I hadnt seen a dentist in 30 years.

:lol::lol:

Then the doc said: "You are smiling now, but to be honest, when you leave here next Saturday, you wont be smiling. Its going to hurt. It is going to hurt alot."

Fucker!
  • Looks like it is time to Flip those 3 Benaroyas I own.

:twisted:
    At least the dentist is being honest.
  • DS1119 wrote:
    I realize I am making a big deal, about something that everyone else routinely does...visits their dentist.

But as a kid, I had HORRIFIC experiences with dentists. My teeth were a fucking disaster as a child. Oral surgeons, dentists, orthodontist, blah blah. For 5 years of my life, it was a fucking disaster. When they took the braces off, I swore it would be 50 years before I ever went back. I was wrong, it was 30 years.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    DS1119 wrote:
    I realize I am making a big deal, about something that everyone else routinely does...visits their dentist.

But as a kid, I had HORRIFIC experiences with dentists. My teeth were a fucking disaster as a child. Oral surgeons, dentists, orthodontist, blah blah. For 5 years of my life, it was a fucking disaster. When they took the braces off, I swore it would be 50 years before I ever went back. I was wrong, it was 30 years.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Not a big deal at all. I wrote a while ago about panic attacks and shit i get on airplanes...well I get them sometimes at the dentist.
  • DS1119 wrote:

Not a big deal at all. I wrote a while ago about panic attacks and shit i get on airplanes...well I get them sometimes at the dentist.
    By next Saturday I will have worked myself into a frenzy.
  • Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    i havent seen a real doctor since my HS baseball physical, and who knows how thorough that really was. Been about 15-16 years (with lots of smoking, drinking and drug use since then). Pretty sure I should get checked up but I'm nervous what I may find out. What does a full physical consist of these days?
    and glad everything checked out ok speedy

Not sure but i know youll have to cough!! :lol::lol:
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Wma31394 wrote:
    i havent seen a real doctor since my HS baseball physical, and who knows how thorough that really was. Been about 15-16 years (with lots of smoking, drinking and drug use since then). Pretty sure I should get checked up but I'm nervous what I may find out. What does a full physical consist of these days?
    and glad everything checked out ok speedy

Not sure but i know youll have to cough!! :lol::lol:

not if you tell the doc nope....not gonna touch my junk.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,834
    DS1119 wrote:
    Just being silly...

Tooth removal
    Bone graft
    Bridge

think I'm on that path. But I have an excuse. I'm a crackhead. we're supposed to lose our teeth!!! Gums have receded bad. They want me to go to a periodontist for an assessment about what if anything can be done. This working nights with no idea what run til the day befroe makes this near impossible. Fridays late I suppose would be the most workable solution.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,834
    Looks like it is time to Flip those 3 Benaroyas I own.

:twisted:
    still free shipping?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Fuck!
    I KNEW I could have saved some money!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ol-RyYnTD4
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    Tooth removal
    Bone graft
    Bridge

I went through this about 3 years ago with no dental insurance at the time. Been visiting my dentist and caring for my teeth faithfully since then.

I also use this stuff:

spry_mouthwash_2.jpg

My dentist says it's going to put her out of business some day.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."