Options

******** YOUR PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ********

Comments

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,486

looking good image

Looking solid in all 3 phases to me.

Loved seeing Bradford get hit and get right back up again too. Suggs' cheap shot was the perfect test for him.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    This couple in front of me were kissing and schmoopieing the entire time I was there. Shit's gross. Nothing like date night at an NFL preseason game.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,296
    i don't get why these NFL teams insist on playing their key players so early in the pre-season. why is a guy like Jordy Nelson who has been playing with the same QB and same system for years playing this past weekend? nothing good comes of it. even Bradford this past weekend. what was the point of playing one series? Tony Romo played 5 plays this past weekend. is the risk/reward of 5 to 12 plays worth it for QBs in the 2nd pre-sesaon game? i don't think so. I think key players should really only play in one pre-season game (at most) most likely the 3rd one. the risk/reward is just too high.
  • Options
    BOOM. kendricks locked up through 2019. love it.

sb odds improved to 15-1, 5th best in league.

GO. BIRDS.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    dress rehearsal tomorrow night. would like to see sammy go into the 2nd quarter. shake that rust off...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Alright let's fast forward to Atlanta. This team is more than ready.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,670
    oh, goody....with the phillies season in the toilet, the eagles thread is back.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,659
    edited August 2015
    imalive said:

That's how this city rolls. Always 100% straight trash eagles fans. At times they pretend to like baseball.

The linc parking lot before an Eagles game is legitametely something I wouldn't wish on anyone

I mean honest to god, it's like white trash saved up all their money for a year and bought football tickets

Lol
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 14,002
    imalive said:

Just wait till the Iggles season is in the toilet and the flyers and the tankers threads get digged up

^sarcasm

Jamminpearls was drooling over tonight's game on facebook, hilarious
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    imalive said:

Toilet? Dude they're 23-16 since the break. Real, rational fans are paying attention and can see light at the end of the tunnel. These young bucks have been fun to watch over the last 6 weeks. Another nice performance last night.

But yeah...tis the season for football, my friend. Birds look like they might make some noise.

GO BIRDS!

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

imalive said:

Just wait till the Iggles season is in the toilet and the flyers and the tankers threads get digged up

^sarcasm

I know you were being sarcastic but there's nothing ever really needed to be dug up with these Philly threads. There's chatter year round for the most part, which is something that can't be said for sports threads for other cities on these boards.

So, no.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,659
    Holy drunkeness. It is very true though
  • Options

imalive said:

^sarcasm

I know you were being sarcastic but there's nothing ever really needed to be dug up with these Philly threads. There's chatter year round for the most part, which is something that can't be said for sports threads for other cities on these boards.

So, no.
    awww aren't you cute all defensive and serious bout a message board thread, lol

• Options

imalive said:

^sarcasm

So, no.
    awww aren't you cute all defensive and serious bout a message board thread, lol

Huh?

Hey you still got that Dodge Stratus?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    juggler - I watched the 13 inning L to the mets the other night and was pretty impressed with Galvis.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Post edited by Gary Carter on

• Options

imalive said:

^sarcasm

So, no.
    you're right....I bumped every single baseball thread I could find a few days ago and they quickly disappeared off the front page. Much of that, tho, is because people have left this disaster of a website. For whatever readon, you philly guys hung around.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    i guess it's better to win these meaningless games than not but anyone who takes the results with any seriousness is nuts.

if tebow makes this team over barkley then chip has lost his mind.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    pjhawks said:

i guess it's better to win these meaningless games than not but anyone who takes the results with any seriousness is nuts.

wins and losses are absolutely meaningless in preseason. it's all about execution.

i think this team is executing way better than i imagined they would a few months ago. just a good sign heading into september. that's all...

and anyone overly concerned about the 3rd string quarterback has too much time on their hands.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    imalive said:

imalive said:

^sarcasm

So, no.
    you're right....I bumped every single baseball thread I could find a few days ago and they quickly disappeared off the front page. Much of that, tho, is because people have left this disaster of a website. For whatever readon, you philly guys hung around.

watching this team right now, as they've finally begun the rebuild, is sort of like watching the sixers. you can argue that they're actually ahead of the sixers pace, actually. i think it's hard to blame people for tuning out early in the year, and last year, when it appeared they were stuck in neutral though.

next year will be interesting with some of these top prospects coming up as that season progresses.

go birds.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

pjhawks said:

wins and losses are absolutely meaningless in preseason. it's all about execution.

i think this team is executing way better than i imagined they would a few months ago. just a good sign heading into september. that's all...

and anyone overly concerned about the 3rd string quarterback has too much time on their hands.
    i think the execution is highly overrated in pre-season games too. i mean defenses don't do anything other than the basics and very little game planning is done if you can't execute in pre-season games then you probably aren't very talented to begin with.

Tebow blows and would be a complete waste of a roster space and Barkley is better than a 3rd string QB. I think Chip might end up trading him if he does like Tebow but if he just releases him it would be a dumb move as Barkley would be picked up pretty quickly.

Let's just get the season started. Not an easy start At Atlanta. and dislike not playing the opening sunday.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,802
    This team is going to be badass right up until the moment Bradford gets hurt. Hope he doesn't, it will be fun to be around the fans when the team is hammering other teams.
    Being a USC guy I love Sanchez and Bark but they are not leading this team to the playoffs.
    Tebow is gonzo.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

i think the execution is highly overrated in pre-season games too. i mean defenses don't do anything other than the basics and very little game planning is done if you can't execute in pre-season games then you probably aren't very talented to begin with.

Tebow blows and would be a complete waste of a roster space and Barkley is better than a 3rd string QB. I think Chip might end up trading him if he does like Tebow but if he just releases him it would be a dumb move as Barkley would be picked up pretty quickly.

Let's just get the season started. Not an easy start At Atlanta. and dislike not playing the opening sunday.
    Disagree. Execution and avoiding injuries are the only two things that matter this time of the year. Don't know what else there is, really.

And especially for a team with this amount of turnover. It's a big contrast to the last time te they had a significant amount of new additions in 2012. You could tell that team was a mess before season started.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

This team is going to be badass right up until the moment Bradford gets hurt. Hope he doesn't, it will be fun to be around the fans when the team is hammering other teams.
    Being a USC guy I love Sanchez and Bark but they are not leading this team to the playoffs.
    Tebow is gonzo.

Fingers crossed!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

Disagree. Execution and avoiding injuries are the only two things that matter this time of the year. Don't know what else there is, really.

And especially for a team with this amount of turnover. It's a big contrast to the last time te they had a significant amount of new additions in 2012. You could tell that team was a mess before season started.
    i think you get the execution down in practice. way more reps in practice and at least get some different looks from your own d. that's probably even more true with Chips faster pace. 1st team d in pre-season are barely trying to match the pace of Chips offense. those guys are more concerned with not getting hurt. i don't put too much into 4 series the starting O has played in pre-season games.

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,802
    pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

i think you get the execution down in practice. way more reps in practice and at least get some different looks from your own d. that's probably even more true with Chips faster pace. 1st team d in pre-season are barely trying to match the pace of Chips offense. those guys are more concerned with not getting hurt. i don't put too much into 4 series the starting O has played in pre-season games.

You would if you watched my favorite team's O (49ers) this pre-season.
    Much, much better to look great than to look completely inept. Does it guarantee future successes? No, of course not. But as a fan I would much rather watch the team do well than poorly. My wife is an Eagles fan and she is doing everything she can to not get too excited.
    I ask - why not get excited? It is part of the fun and of being a fan.
    Root like crazy until they kill you, and then boo mercilessly.
  • Options

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

Much, much better to look great than to look completely inept. Does it guarantee future successes? No, of course not. But as a fan I would much rather watch the team do well than poorly. My wife is an Eagles fan and she is doing everything she can to not get too excited.
    yeah. and they don't even tackle in practice. he brings this stuff up every year around this time.

i would be beyond depressed if i was a niners fan. it's almost like the phils fall from grace with how quickly you guys went from back to back nfc championship games to....what you have now.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

i don't get excited over pre-season games. they are meaningless. now that being said I do expect this team to be good. they were good last year but went 10-6 (9-3 after 12 games and by last game were already eliminated from playoffs...hard to do that) and didn't make the playoffs. this franchise hasn't won a playoff game in 7 years and this coach has won none. i would say i am cautiously optimistic. that is best in Philadelphia. burned too many times by too many teams in this city to get excited by pre-season results.

they open up at Atlanta on Monday night. tough game. 2nd game is Dallas. All the excitement over pre-season would be null and void if you lose that Atlanta game with Dallas next. excitement levels build up with each win until you get to the post-season. cautiously optimistic.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    vegas moved them up to 10-1 odds. only seattle, green bay, and indy are higher. i think the birds were 25-1 or something a few weeks ago.

saw agholor was +650 for offensive rookie of year. threw down a little on that one.

o/u on wins jumped from 8.5 to 9.5 since camp started too...
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Niners fucking suck. I will root for them because I am a fan but they are an embarrassment right now.

Go full bore Hawks, be excited and have fun rooting on your team!

I love agholor but I think Amari Cooper kills it this year.

I like Eagles +9.5 but getting in when it was 8.5 would have been better!