Options

******** YOUR PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ********

Comments

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,298
    edited January 2023
    Driving home from a funeral in Long Island today (FUCK NY City traffic from here to eternity---the fucking worst--I hate it) and listening to the Fan was pretty funny.

A lot of talk about the momentum the Giants have.
    A TON of hype around Daniel Jones lol
    Not much said about how fraudulent the Vikings were
    The best part was a lot of time devoted to how the Eagles are their most hated team because the Eagles have pretty much owned the Giants for the last couple of decades.

Overall I get the sense that they're just happy to be in this position but that they have a decent chance at an upset... which is a pretty reasonable take, I think. 

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,480
    most people would have put the # in place of the U.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,459
    Wobbie said:
    most people would have put the # in place of the U.
    Yeah censoring the E in THE was a nice move.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    edited January 2023
    Driving home from a funeral in Long Island today (FUCK NY City traffic from here to eternity---the fucking worst--I hate it) and listening to the Fan was pretty funny.

The best part was a lot of time devoted to how the Eagles are their most hated team because the Eagles have pretty much owned the Giants for the last couple of decades.

Overall I get the sense that they're just happy to be in this position but that they have a decent chance at an upset... which is a pretty reasonable take, I think. 

People are catching on to my shtick that I can talk all the shit I want and if they end up losing, hey house money anyways…

I do think they have a real shot though, and I don’t  get Vegas on this one, but Vegas isn’t ever really that wrong

For the record, at this moment in time, I hate the eagles more than the Red Sox.
  • Options
    edited January 2023

People are catching on to my shtick that I can talk all the shit I want and if they end up losing, hey house money anyways…

I do think they have a real shot though, and I don’t  get Vegas on this one, but Vegas isn’t ever really that wrong

For the record, at this moment in time, I hate the eagles more than the Red Sox.
    Vegas line makes sense to me. 14-3 1 seed with a +133 point differential coming off a bye verses a -6 point differential 9 win wildcard team. 

I bet the Cowboys line would've been around -3 or so. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,788
    This was all Phillies fans this past postseason.

Line seems slightly high but I have to think that has to do with dump trucks worth of money going the Birds way and they're just reacting as such. Fwiw I think the Eagles have a losing record against the spread when they're the faves.

• Options
    edited January 2023

Vegas line makes sense to me. 14-3 1 seed with a +133 point differential coming off a bye verses a -6 point differential 9 win wildcard team. 

Coming off a 6 week bye and who knows if the QB can even throw the ball
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Cliffy6745 said:

Well those seem like strong words. I'm sure the Red Sox stinking it up this year didn't hurt.

Saturday's ref made this call in the Steelers game. It made perfect sense to me...

Young Mr. Abruzzo and I will eat at L'Angolo and then walk down to the game. Starting to get hyped!
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    edited January 2023

Coming off a 6 week bye and who knows if the QB can even throw the ball
    Lol...all indications are he's 100% Cliff. Line would be a lot less if he wasn't. Don't doubt Las Vegas on that shit. I'm glad he got to play a couple weeks ago. Worked off the rust.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Didn't he just come off the injured list completely? Total homer theory here, but I think they overplayed the injury for this reason. My concern is more not having Lane.
  • Options
    Didn't he just come off the injured list completely? Total homer theory here, but I think they overplayed the injury for this reason. My concern is more not having Lane.
    Heard something on that silly radio station that Lane's injury isn't really what they were describing - i.e. not as bad as reported. Who knows.

• Options
    Heard something on that silly radio station that Lane's injury isn't really what they were describing - i.e. not as bad as reported. Who knows.
    I dunno, anything to do with your groin/core muscles seems like a big deal. But he should totally play, though.
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Yeah Hurts was not on injury list yesterday. Full participant in practice. Lane was limited. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    One of my favorite parts of that article below. I distinctly have watched him do this a handful of times this year, and thought "holy shit, he's making a 2nd & 5 a 2nd & 4." 

And I'm here for it. Would totally be pissed if I was the other team tho:

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,228

Factoring in the bye for the Eagles, I expected 9.5-10. Only reason it's as low as 7.5 is Hurts having been hurt.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Poncier said:

Factoring in the bye for the Eagles, I expected 9.5-10. Only reason it's as low as 7.5 is Hurts having been hurt.
    You think it would've been higher than KC? I don't think so. The Chiefs are -8.5 and they've been favorites to win SB for a while now. If anything it could be a tick lower because Johnson won't be 100%. Hurts isn't even on the injury report. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Kinda agree with Ponc - if the Eagles took care of business against the Saints without Hurts and they were 15-2 going into the playoffs (if Minshew wasn't completely awful; Hurts would've still played against the Giants, at least in the 1st half). Or at least higher than 7.5
  • Options
    Well either way, I think we are in for a good game. Giants cover almost 80% of their games. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,228
    That point differential thing with the Giants is glaring.
    Let's not forget how the first matchup this season played out. Clearly Hurts was rusty in the week 17 game. If he's on his game Saturday, this is a blowout.
    Also, to note its NYG's 3rd straight road game (though not huge travel) but that is historically a definite bet against situation in the NFL. (Applies to betting against the Cowboys this weekend also).

Eagles 38 Giants 17.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    That point differential thing with the Giants is glaring.
    Let's not forget how the first matchup this season played out. Clearly Hurts was rusty in the week 17 game. If he's on his game Saturday, this is a blowout.
    Also, to note its NYG's 3rd straight road game (though not huge travel) but that is historically a definite bet against situation in the NFL. (Applies to betting against the Cowboys this weekend also).

Eagles 38 Giants 17.
    Stop it. Tell us we're going to lose. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    You're gonna lose
  • Options

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Tom Hanks GIF - Tom Hanks Win GIFs
  • Options
    Dog Mask Eagles GIF - Dog Mask Eagles - Discover  Share GIFs

What were we doing here?

• Options
    edited January 2023
    Just ran into the fam, JP. Your daughters quote about the game was “I like everyone EXCEPT the eagles!!!!” 

Your sons was “boo boo buffalo” which while random seems much more Philly 
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    If there's anything she likes a lot it is finding ways to annoy her father.

The boy has a current obsession with both the Chicago Bears and the Buffalo Bills. Both which he would like to see "fight" more often, like there should be literal bears and buffaloes on the field. He is also confused by the Bill part, which I completely understand. And, yes, he fully leans into The Boo.
  • Options
    Yeah man. Mine is all in on the eagles, she’ll feel bad for me for a minute and say she wants both teams to win but then go right back to the eagles 
  • Options
    I'm sure they will save the Eagles/Chiefs game for a prime-time but the Patriots game definitely is a possibility.

Athletic on fire this week. Today all about Josh Sweat: https://theathletic.com/4105136/2023/01/19/eagles-josh-sweat-builds-computers/

• Options
    Does it though?

If I am going to a sporting event in Europe, it is most definitely not an NFL game with a dud crowd.