Options

******** YOUR PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ********

Comments

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    I sat outside Metallice and GNR in LA back in the day.  There were about 200 of us.  :lol:  
    Buy a ticket cheapskate! - LOL
    I was in college.   My money all went to drugs and booze.  I didn't have any money for scalped ticket.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,422
    Man, I fucked up Posting that here>LOL(I thought I was posting in Philly Thread)
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,772
    cutz said:
    Man, I fucked up Posting that here>LOL(I thought I was posting in Philly Thread)
    It's all the same.
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,395
    cutz said:
    It's all the same.
    It was in here because the concerts were at The Linc. All good.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    I look forward to AJ Brown becoming indoctrinated in The War on Cars.  :)

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    edited May 2023
    People in Philly (especially north philly) are the worst drivers on the planet. (Edit - in the US) I point this toward a small division of drivers who completely ignore all road rules and drive on the wrong side of the road, drive through signs, lights, etc....
    It is mind boggling the shit I see every day.  
    (Sure you all see some of the same.)
    I've lived and driven regularly in many large cities in the US but have not seen anything like this.
    Couldn't pay me to be a bike commuter, here.

Post edited by F Me In The Brain on
  • Options
    Yeah that Autism Ride has some tricky parts for dealing with cars.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    People in Philly (especially north philly) are the worst drivers on the planet. (Edit - in the US) I point this toward a small division of drivers who completely ignore all road rules and drive on the wrong side of the road, drive through signs, lights, etc....
    I've lived and driven regularly in many large cities in the US but have not seen anything like this.

Big fan of just installing a shit load of bike infrastructure and better means of transpo. The wild thing about here (Philly) is the astonishing concept that stop signs are optional. I've never seen it anywhere like it is here.

Lol this was an organized ride.  Funny enough I used to live right where this happened. It's basically one of like 4 intersections in the city with daylighting. "Maybe I'll stop, maybe I'll slide through, maybe I'll just completely ignore the stop sign."
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,220

Big fan of just installing a shit load of bike infrastructure and better means of transpo. The wild thing about here (Philly) is the astonishing concept that stop signs are optional. I've never seen it anywhere like it is here.

Mostly it's that Beverly Goldberg
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options

Lol this was an organized ride.  Funny enough I used to live right where this happened. It's basically one of like 4 intersections in the city with daylighting. "Maybe I'll stop, maybe I'll slide through, maybe I'll just completely ignore the stop sign."
    Yeah, stop signs or red lights are next to meaningless to a percentage of drivers in Philly.  Baffling.
    (And, crazy dangerous.)

I think separate biking pathways would be good.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,258
    God I can't wait. I already own a Cunningham and Ricky Watters one so I'm not looking to buy one (especially a jersey made by Nike)....I just wanna see a clean crisp full uniform reveal with the silver pants, actual striped socks and that GLORIOUS old school helmet. 

A lot of these ones that have come out already look real good---Squawks and Bucs, especially. Even the Jets got it right. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Looks great...except the pants are not quite as metallic as they were back in the day, Hurts wears them as shorts which looks dumb, and Nike's materials, in general, look inferior to what was used back it the day. Also, could be the lighting, but the helmet color looks like a little lighter shade of green to me. Otherwise--fucking awesome. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Admittedly, I am kind of a weirdo with attention to this kind of detail....but, yeah, the helmet looks a tad lighter or more pastely than it should. I mean, it is a glorious looking helmet, far superior to what they've been wearing for the last 27 years for sure. Just seems slightly different 

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Color of the helmet was better in 2010

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    I love the Jeffrey Lurie quotes all the time about "the fans have let us know they want kelly green". Like, dude the fans want that for the permanent uniforms, not the twice a year throwbacks. Anyway, I just purchased my first jersey in years - a midnight green Hassan Reddick Super Bowl jersey - joke's on me as usual.

• Options
    Juggs - enjoy the Kelly Green
  • Options
    Juggs - enjoy the Kelly Green
    Lol...I know. I am. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Biggest thing about the Kelly Green unveil - and ensuing pro shop line - is that the demand will be overwhelming and they'll be their primary colors by 2025.
  • Options
    ...and welp looks like someone just bought a Jerome Brown Kelly Green. They got me.
  • Options
     Bring it home for Jerome. 

Juggs which one did you get?

• Options

I didn't get any. The two I've had for decades are better quality than what Nike's peddling
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

I didn't get any. The two I've had for decades are better quality than what Nike's peddling
    I had a green Keith Byars jersey. Don't know what happened to it. It was sweet.

• Options

I had a green Keith Byars jersey. Don't know what happened to it. It was sweet.
    Oh man. That is the only other jersey I would ever buy (other than Foles when he retires). I have never been able to find a Byars jersey anywhere...and I don't want a Nike version, if they make one.

I had a white Keith Jackson one waaay back in the day that did not make it past the mid 90's as I wore that one the fuck out. Currently I still have a Ricky Watters green one from '95 and a green Cunningham Mitchell and Ness authentic one with the JB99 patch that I've had since like '05ish. Those two have been through hell and back in the Spectrum, Jetro, and P Lot parking lots through the years. lol
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Buddy of mine is still rocking the Wes Hopkins after all these years.
  • Options
    Buddy of mine is still rocking the Wes Hopkins after all these years.
    Classic
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,849

Looks great...except the pants are not quite as metallic as they were back in the day, Hurts wears them as shorts which looks dumb, and Nike's materials, in general, look inferior to what was used back it the day. Also, could be the lighting, but the helmet color looks like a little lighter shade of green to me. Otherwise--fucking awesome. 
    i had/might still have that gameday mag that Hurts is reading.

Never really had an Eagles jersey (had tons of merch though).

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,849
    Other than Mariotta looking horrible last night, they played well.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Other than Mariotta looking horrible last night, they played well.
    The Georgia kids look great thus far
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Took the kids to their first (and only) game of the year, and boy did they have a blast. The indoctrination and genes run deep, as my daughter made sure the Browns knew their name was actually the "Doo Doo Browns".

I don't want to read too much into the preseason but Mariota has looked absolutely god awful.

It's wild that most of these guys (the 1's) are going to start Week 1 without barely playing a snap in the preseason.