Options

What do you miss most?

Comments

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    wondering... about wandering...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,778

love that dimi

God I love that song!!!
  • Options

love that dimi

God I love that song!!!
    just lishening it from fargo 03
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    being loved unconditionally for better or worst, flaws and all
  • Options
    You miss that?!
    That should never go away.
    Bless you.
    Cheers.
    'Cause you don't give blood and take it back again.
  • Options
    photogirllizphotogirlliz Posts: 2,491
    I'm sorry your missing that...you're wonderful. I hope you feel it again soon.
    "I am myself...like you, somehow."
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    My dad... Gone 30 years...

Same here....this year marks 7 years since he passed. Miss him every single day.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mfc2006 wrote:
    My dad... Gone 30 years...

Same here....this year marks 7 years since he passed. Miss him every single day.
    sorry to both of you...
  • Options
    tallman72tallman72 Posts: 353
    To EVERYONE that said..."my Dad"..... share a story about your Father with us?

My dad and me didnt always see eye to eye (sometimes we didnt speak for a while) , but we were always mates , if that makes sense. up until i was like 18 mum and dad always would argue etc and it wasnt always a happy place . sometimes it was, sometimes it wasnt. It was hard .

when i was about 18 i was kicked out by the old man and went to live with my Nanna and i eventually moved to melbourne to work on my cousins farm for a few years , then i decided i wanted to be an electrician and asked dad if i could live at home again while i started my apprenticeship. he said yes so i did , we had our moments once again, and eventually i left again , finished my apprenticeship bought a house bla bla bla . then in my wisdom decided to ask him if he wanted to go halves in a fishing boat , lol well did we have some moments out on the water , some real beuties but alot of that now i look back and think of funny and stupid we both were .

to cut a long story short , he got Cancer , and he immediately started talking about his funeral and planning this and that . and i cracked it at him , cracked it at the doctors for not doing anything . he was telling me what to do with his stuff , and i lost it at him , wouldnt go see him , then a job came up in Melbourne so i left didnt speak to him for ages .

Then i decided i had to go see him, he was in hospital now full time and i thought i would fly back in the morning take him out to lunch go see my nanna and fly home at night , so i did.

so i get to the hospital cant find him , hes not in his room theres a couple of people outside in the garden , hes not there. i go to the nurses station and ask where he is , she says hes right there and points through the window where ive already looked , and when i got outside and go up to him i see it is him all skinny and sores all over him, eyes bulging , i immediatley burst into tears,. he was way to sick to take out for lunch but we sat there for 4 hours i reakon and i rolled him about 50 smokes we talked about everything in ours lives and it was like a forgiveness for both of us it was an amazing experience then he said he was to tired and i took him back to his room. were we talked some more and i told him that i wouldnt be making a mercy dash back to see him when he died and that i knew that this would be most probably be the last time i saw him and he understood that and we both cried together and i said goodbye. and closed the door and cried uncontrollably and he probably heard me but the emotion was so overwealming and i pretty much cried all the way back home on the plane and everything.

Well we spoke over the phone , i cant remember if it was everyday or every second day, but he seemed happy when he talked to me. I was working at Rod Laver Arena as an electrician and i was on the lighting cat walk above the main arena when this day two weeks after i have seen him we talked on the phone , and before he hang up he said "dont forget i love you". something that he never said to me . and that was the last time i spoke to him he died that next morning at 5 am .

So the moral of my story is People dont let one more day go by without resolving issues with your loved ones that you can , because sometimes trivial things which are left unresolved and if things were to happen they can scar your life . Dont forget to tell the people that you love, that You Love them. i know sometimes its hard and you cant, but try if you can, it will change your life forever.

I was Lucky that we resolved things, and it has changed my life, if things had of gone the other way who knows were i would be .

i dont know if ive shared to much with you about these things , but its only a small part of what happened , but im left with positive memorys forever , and i miss him more than ever now. but im so glad for what happened and i have no regrets.

Eddie says it all the time Love one another , how true it is.

thanks
    Paul
  • Options
    thank you Paul..
  • Options
    AyedavanitaAyedavanita Posts: 1,443
    Yes, thanks Paul. Sometimes you don't realize it's going to be the last time you'll see or speak with a loved one so always let them know you love them. Keep sharing everyone....
    "You think I got my eyes closed but I'm lookin' at you the whole fuckin' time..."
  • Options
    Angels
  • Options
    Angels
  • Options
    donnaruhldonnaruhl Posts: 2,157
    Dearest Paul;
    Your story brought tears to my eyes. It spoke to me as if I were there.I invisioned the Boat,The room,The garden.Your goodbye's.
    I wish I had spent more time with my Dad also. I saw him once when I was Four. He gave me a bicycle with training wheels.It was Red,and it had tassels on the handlebars. I took it outside to ride it,and accidently turned right,Heading straight down Lombard St. in San Francisco. I hit a parked car,just to stop the bike. the peddals were spinning too fast for me. Youthful Moments!
    He came to the Ranch in Oregon when I was Ten. He took us down to the pier in Port Orford
    and bought some fresh shrimp.He taught us how to shell them.It's as if they had stingers.It hurt so bad I didn't want to eat another shrimp again. I So Love Them!
    Years later I found that he had Married and was living in Santa Rosa,Ca. And I ,at that time,
    was Pregnant and living in the next town over,which was Sonoma.He was a painter and did Sculptures. He also taught some Art classes @ the Junior College there. I made several visits to see he and Jean. He'd show me his latest works. He asked me if I would Pose for a Portrait.Me breastfeeding my Daughter. I declined. Looking back now,maybe I shouldn't have. I Was Young!

About Seven years later,I was here in Sacto, spending as much time with my Aunt as I could.
    Her Cancer came back with deadly force. My Sister called to say that Dad was diagnosed with Lung Cancer and that he had maybe two mos.to live."Hell! he only had one lung". Gone In Two Weeks!

It was the day after Christmas,We said Goodbye,To Auntie Mae. The next day,My Dad died.
    And the day after that, He came back to get Jean. He Couldn't Be Without Her!

My Sister was kind enough to give me a few pictures that he painted.Although she didn't have to. You see,She was his Daughter. But,He was my DAD!

I've lost so much more since then.
    I Miss Them All!
  • Options
    STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,814
    brianlux wrote:
    My Mom, friends who have died, my health, my original '65 Fender DeLuxe Reverb amp, too many great musicians that have moved on too soon, analog radio, affordable vinyl, clean air and a whole string of cats, dogs, and my toad, Toady.

Just the thread I need for the depressed mood I'm in. :lol:

Awe, Poor Toady. :cry:
    What species of Toad was he?

I miss my STO possum Meeko.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS7V7fbYEU_RJBUAHRi7G_0CK0nbMdDoizgDuccmsI1vucDY0hU
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,733
    STAYSEA wrote:

Awe, Poor Toady. :cry:
    What species of Toad was he?

I miss my STO possum Meeko.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS7V7fbYEU_RJBUAHRi7G_0CK0nbMdDoizgDuccmsI1vucDY0hU

Sorry to hear that. :(

Pocket sized-- sweet! :D

I don't remember what species toady was- I was only about 10 years old which was about... but we won't get into that. :lol: If you'd have asked me them I'd have said the big squishy species that pees in your hand. :D
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    AyedavanitaAyedavanita Posts: 1,443
    edited February 2013
    Thank you donnaruhl....
    Post edited by Ayedavanita on
    "You think I got my eyes closed but I'm lookin' at you the whole fuckin' time..."
  • Options
    the best guy ever..
  • Options
    donnaruhl wrote:
    Dearest Paul;
    Your story brought tears to my eyes. It spoke to me as if I were there.I invisioned the Boat,The room,The garden.Your goodbye's.
    I wish I had spent more time with my Dad also. I saw him once when I was Four. He gave me a bicycle with training wheels.It was Red,and it had tassels on the handlebars. I took it outside to ride it,and accidently turned right,Heading straight down Lombard St. in San Francisco. I hit a parked car,just to stop the bike. the peddals were spinning too fast for me. Youthful Moments!
    He came to the Ranch in Oregon when I was Ten. He took us down to the pier in Port Orford
    and bought some fresh shrimp.He taught us how to shell them.It's as if they had stingers.It hurt so bad I didn't want to eat another shrimp again. I So Love Them!
    Years later I found that he had Married and was living in Santa Rosa,Ca. And I ,at that time,
    was Pregnant and living in the next town over,which was Sonoma.He was a painter and did Sculptures. He also taught some Art classes @ the Junior College there. I made several visits to see he and Jean. He'd show me his latest works. He asked me if I would Pose for a Portrait.Me breastfeeding my Daughter. I declined. Looking back now,maybe I shouldn't have. I Was Young!

About Seven years later,I was here in Sacto, spending as much time with my Aunt as I could.
    Her Cancer came back with deadly force. My Sister called to say that Dad was diagnosed with Lung Cancer and that he had maybe two mos.to live."Hell! he only had one lung". Gone In Two Weeks!

It was the day after Christmas,We said Goodbye,To Auntie Mae. The next day,My Dad died.
    And the day after that, He came back to get Jean. He Couldn't Be Without Her!

My Sister was kind enough to give me a few pictures that he painted.Although she didn't have to. You see,She was his Daughter. But,He was my DAD!

I've lost so much more since then.
    I Miss Them All!

Thanks Donna what do you mean by " And the day after that, He came back to get Jean. He Couldn't Be Without Her"
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    #FreeHalfpint

:(
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    #FreeHalfpint

:(

whats that mean
  • Options
    some laughs,some goodnight..
  • Options
    11 years today since my Dad passed :(
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • Options
    im so sorry
  • Options
    im so sorry
    Thanks Dimitris!
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • Options
    meveretmeveret Posts: 110
    The early 90s for obvious reasons, the good old days in my hometown, being 18, Layne Stayley, Andrew Wood, Borders Books and Music, and the days of more music stores. Jim Henson. VIDEO ARCADES! Val Kilmer acting in good movies. When rap music was actually decent. Finally Seinfeld. Kinda Random.
    Hamilton, ON 9/13/2005
    Albany NY 5/12/2006
    Mansfield, MA 6/28/2008
    Buffalo, NY 5/10/2010
    Hamilton, ON 9/15/2011
    Buffalo, NY 10/12/2013
  • Options
    Hollywood boy
  • Options
    cubBEE_girlcubBEE_girl Waiting for next year... Posts: 3,365
    right now, my missing bootlegs.
    I lost a bet...
  • Options
    the best guy ever..
  • Options
    the best guy ever..