Options

TESTING TO SEE IF MY AVATAR IS WORKING

Comments

• Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,783
    Does it seem that those who are successful in this already have had an avatar and are able to change eventually by following the above steps but those of us who have never had an avatar can't get anything to work? From what I can see it seems to be the case.
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    Is the site even doing anything to get this fixed?
    ~Carter~

You can spend your time alone, redigesting past regrets, oh
    or you can come to terms and realize
    you're the only one who can't forgive yourself, oh
    makes much more sense to live in the present tense
    - Present Tense
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    No one knows. Lets just say that its most likely not at the top of the priority list.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Does it seem that those who are successful in this already have had an avatar and are able to change eventually by following the above steps but those of us who have never had an avatar can't get anything to work? From what I can see it seems to be the case.

i can't change mine. there is a glitch somewhere.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    81 wrote:

Blame Keanu Reeves
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    81 wrote:

Blame Keanu Reeves

i blame ed. that dude can barely work a typewriter, what business does he have running a forum. :fp: :lol::lol::lol::lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,302
    legis225 wrote:
    I hope it works!

no. it is not working. you did a terrible job with that. my advice... is to reboot your computer.

for more, sound, technical advice, just bang it here viewtopic.php?f=15&t=204544

you're welcome.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

IT is currently engaged on the issue. in the meantime, reboot your computer.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    n8dawg79n8dawg79 Virginia Posts: 129
    I was able to update my Avatar when I changed the format I was using from PNG to jpeg. Uploading a jpeg worked where PNG did not.
    Salt Lake City, Utah - Sept 28, 2009
    East Troy, Wisconsin - Sept 3. 2011
    East Troy, Wisconsin - Sept 4, 2011
    Charlottesville, Virginia - Oct 29, 2013
    Hampton, Virginia - Apr 18, 2016
  • Options
    n8dawg79 wrote:
    I was able to update my Avatar when I changed the format I was using from PNG to jpeg. Uploading a jpeg worked where PNG did not.

rebooting is always easier. try for next time. let me know if you encounter any speed bumps.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    ChoccoloccotideChoccoloccotide A grass shack nailed to a pinewood floor Posts: 810
    Testing through firefox.
  • Options
    ChoccoloccotideChoccoloccotide A grass shack nailed to a pinewood floor Posts: 810
    This sux monkey balls. :x :x
  • Options
    dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    I changed my avatar and then looked all squished... so am testing...
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    I've cropped this photo so I don't look squished, uploaded it but it's not appearing in the forum but is in my account - uurgh!
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    Meh, changed it again to another photo and it's still not updating...
  • Options
    dottles wrote:
    Meh, changed it again to another photo and it's still not updating...

Ok, well got one to work so I'll leave that one on here now lol!
  • Options
    still not working.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    thecrystalshipthecrystalship Dublin, Ireland Posts: 36
    Just gonna post here and see if my picture uploaded. Here's hoping.
    16/06/2014: Amsterdam 20/06/2014: Milan 26/06/2014: Berlin
  • Options
    Just gonna post here and see if my picture uploaded. Here's hoping.

no man. hit alt delete and then reboot. let us know how you make out...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    hey there's a page for this
  • Options
    here we go
  • Options
    :D
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    ^^ oh wow! ok, when I clicked from the link in the 'new message has been posted' e-mail I got your new avatar(& thought NOOOO don't change it we won't know who you are!!!) but when I go to the thread from the 'view new posts' list on here I see your old avatar(phew!). I guess maybe that's my cookies but noo-noo-nooo-noo.
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    slingbladewyattslingbladewyatt Tulsa Posts: 73
    testing, testing
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
    I'm guessing PJ will be in the rock n roll hall of fame before I get my avatar changed
  • Options
    morello wrote:
    ^^ oh wow! ok, when I clicked from the link in the 'new message has been posted' e-mail I got your new avatar(& thought NOOOO don't change it we won't know who you are!!!) but when I go to the thread from the 'view new posts' list on here I see your old avatar(phew!). I guess maybe that's my cookies but noo-noo-nooo-noo.

no. you're doing it wrong.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    thecrystalshipthecrystalship Dublin, Ireland Posts: 36
    Just testing to see if this poxy avatar business is sorted.
    16/06/2014: Amsterdam 20/06/2014: Milan 26/06/2014: Berlin
  • Options
    mattbel123mattbel123 Posts: 130
    Still can't get my burt reynolds photo to appear
  • Options
    I'm giving up. :lol:
  • Options
    slingbladewyattslingbladewyatt Tulsa Posts: 73
    Here we go....Now Work!!!!